I would love to know what I can improve on 

my store- https://the-yst-shop-24.myshopify.com/

Replies 2 (2)
Sophia
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1179 81 139

Hi, @Theystshop24!

I really like that several important pieces of information are presented on the banner at the top of your store, making it easy for customers to find. It's great to see your social channels and a contact option there, along with the mention of free shipping.

The first opportunity I see here is to make it very clear what the store sells, because I couldn't tell from my first impression looking at the store name and hero image. Once I read the line about specializing in home gadgets, I thought that maybe the store sells technology like doorbells and cameras for the home, but I still wasn't sure until I scrolled down to see the products. Customers might not stay long enough to scroll if they don't know what they're looking at right away, so I suggest finding some images that better illustrate what you sell. There are a ton of high quality, free stock photos on Burst, including some specifically for cooking and cleaning in the kitchen.

I would also like to know more about the store. While I do see a few sections for information about the store, they don't really tell me what makes this store unique. What does YST stand for? Is there a special reason you chose to sell these home gadgets? The story behind the business and the people running it can help build trust. I see a lot of store descriptions that talk about quality and offering new products frequently, but those things should be a given and don't tell me anything about you or your business—they could be true for any business. To help your store stand out from the rest, check out this guide on how to write an About Us page.

Lastly, I recommend making sure that the shipping information is consistent across the store. I noticed that right above the footer on the home page, there's a Fast shipping section that states products ship within 2-3 business days after order, but the product pages suggest waiting 2-4 weeks for delivery. Customers might not know the difference between when something ships and when something delivers, so you might find that some people expect to actually receive their order within 2-3 business days. Something like "products dispatch within 2-3 business days after order and are typically delivered to your door within 2-4 weeks" might be clearer. Of course, you can reword this in whatever way works best for your store. You can also add this information to an FAQ page.

How long has the store been open, and how much traffic are you seeing? You can check your overview dashboard to get a sense of how many visitors are coming to the store each week, month, etc. Let me know what you see there so we can determine what might be best to work on next.

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

CutOutWiz
Navigator
426 29 146

Hello @Theystshop24 

Hope you are doing well! Your shop looks very neat and organized. Good job is done there. The theme matches your products very well.

Here are some areas where you could consider working on

• A good idea is to have your newsletter as a popup so that it shows up when the customer enters the home page. This will make it more visible and attract more people to your newsletter from where you can target more interested people.

• People tend to buy more from people they can easily relate to. If you share your journey, your goals, and your aspirations with your customers, it will be easier for people to connect with you. If you can create an emotional connection with your visitors, people are sure to buy products from you.

• It is a good idea to place a banner on the homepage that tells your customers exactly what they are looking for. You may add a separate banner for each of your product types

Your banner looks very good and matches your theme and product. 

It is a good idea to have multiple slides on your banner (each should stay for around 5seconds) for each product type and have the CTA buttons for each slide redirect the customer to a different product page.

• Because this is an online store and people cannot touch and feel your products before buying them, they rely heavily on product images, which is why the images have to look top-notch.

The main problem most Shopify store owners have is that they upload raw images of their products. On the website, this makes the product color dull and unappealing.

Rule of thumb - never post unprocessed images on your website. In case you are looking to make your images sharp and professional, contact CutOutWiz for any image-related solutions.

Especially for this kind of product, it is a good idea to have multiple images of the product, from multiple angles, so that the customer can have a feel of what they are buying. If you are looking for an image processing company that will solve all your needs, you can check out CutOutWiz.

• You will be surprised how much you can benefit from a chatbot. It can collect your necessary customer data, help you analyze which stuffs are trending or in more demand, and overall solve your problems by answering common questions so you won't have to.

Hope this helps you. If you find it useful, leave a like to let me know! Happy Selling! Thank you and the Very Best of Luck to you! 

If you found this helpful, leave a Like to let me know.
If this answers your question, please rate this as an accepted solution 🙂

M, from the Business Development Team of
Cutoutwiz