Feedback on my Silkycurls store

MORE10
Excursionist
23 0 7

Hi i just put up a store recently, i would like some feedback on my store!

how is the design for ex

thanks Marten

https://silkycurls.net/ 

0 Likes
MORE10
Excursionist
23 0 7

Thanks for the feed back, i change the hero image and it looks much better now 

0 Likes
Kimi
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
81 10 24

Hi, @MORE10!

Thanks for reaching out about getting some feedback for your store, so great to see you open up a store with Shopify!

I've taken a look at your store and am really impressed with your strong brand identity! I love your store's logo and colour palette, it looks like you definitely know your target audience and how to cater to them too. I also think your recently updated homepage banner is much stronger in comparison to the previous one, so that was a good call in changing it to the new image!

I do have a few suggestions in terms of your store's content:

1. Homepage: I think it's a really great idea that you've included an add to cart button for your product on your homepage. It'll make it easier for customers to shop for your featured product. In saying this, the full product description and images do take up the majority of your homepage. There's quite a lot of information there, and this can seem a bit overwhelming for visitors to your store to be greeted with in one go. I see that all of the same product description and images are available within your standalone product page too, so maybe think about reducing the amount of information you're presenting to your visitors on the homepage. If you'd still like to keep the add to cart button on your homepage, maybe do so in a way where the product has a hero image above the add to cart button, but visitors can then click on the product title to be taken to the product page if they wish to find out more about the product. In this way, your homepage will still allow visitors to add the product to their cart straight away, while still looking clean and welcoming. Check out our blog on homepage design here if you need some tips on how to create a simple, yet effective, homepage design.

2. About Us page: I love that you've included a bit about your business' story on the footer of your store! As a first time visitor, I'd love to hear more about your story however, so creating an About Us page specifically to showcase your business' mission and vision is something you can consider. For example, you mentioned that it's a part of your project to protect the environment, and to help women around the world. You can explain this further on your About Us page, and really unpack your brand's story to make it easier for prospective customers to get to know you better and potentially connect with you. It's really worthwhile to create an About Us page for your store, you can take a look at some examples here on our Shopify blog.

3. Content audit: I would also suggest going through your whole store to double check that all of your links are working, and that you've inputted all of the information you'd like to show your visitors. I did see on your product page that there is a section where you might need to either delete from your theme editor, or add an extra section onto it:

22-21-bhshf-fyj7o

So it's definitely worthwhile to go through all of your store's pages several times to see if you've missed anything!

Overall, I think you're doing a really great job here with your store! It's definitely memorable due to your branding and colour scheme, so well done on having created a well-designed store so far! Seeing as you've just recently created your store, how is traffic to your website coming along? There are a lot of different ways to help new stores increase traffic, whether using paid or unpaid methods. You can market your store and products through setting up a paid marketing campaign on social media for example, or for an unpaid option, you can use SEO to increase your store’s discoverability.

Let me know how you go with the suggestions I've laid out above! I'm happy to help if you have any other questions.

Kimi | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

MORE10
Excursionist
23 0 7

Super thanks for your feedback i will take everything in concern and make changes! 

Very thankful for your detailed feedback

Best Regards SilkyCurls team ;D

0 Likes
Kimi
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
81 10 24

You're very welcome, @MORE10! I'm glad you're taking the time to gather some feedback from our Shopify Community here, and are open to implement those changes as you see fit.

All the very best for your business!

Kimi | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
CutOutWiz
Navigator
369 28 140

Hello @MORE10 

Hope you are well. For an owner with very little experience, you have done a pretty good job. I must say your aesthetic eye is very keen.

Here are some areas where you could consider working on

• People tend to buy more from people they can easily relate to. If you share your journey, your goals, and your aspirations with your customers, it will be easier for people to connect with you. If you can create an emotional connection with your visitors, people are sure to buy products from you.

• It is a good idea to place a banner on the homepage that tells your customers exactly what they are looking for. You may add a separate banner for each of your product types

Consider, however, adding a Shop Now button to your banner, which will take you directly to the relevant product page.

It is a good idea to have multiple slides on your banner (each should stay for around 5seconds) for each product type and have the CTA buttons for each slide redirect the customer to a different product page.

• Use a star rating widget to let website visitors evaluate your business. They create standardization, allowing customers to compare different products easily. It also helps you get feedback about your products.

• You will be surprised how much you can benefit from a chatbot. It can collect your necessary customer data, help you analyze which stuffs are trending or in more demand, and overall solve your problems by answering common questions so you won't have to.

• Customers read user reviews more than they read product descriptions. If they find that 50 other people have liked your product and have purchased from you, it helps your credibility and they feel safer buying from you. So try to add some reviews of your products and services to your homepage.

Hope this helps you. If you find it useful, leave a like to let me know! Happy Selling! Thank you and the Very Best of Luck to you! 

If you found this helpful, leave a Like to let me know.
If this answers your question, please rate this as an accepted solution :)

M, from the Business Development Team of
Cutoutwiz
0 Likes