I launched my site creativewaystudios.com a few months ago. I am a painter and also make jewelry. I am struggling with traffic and engagement. Would love to get feedback on the site and also how to best ballance both art and craft part of my business. For now I sell my jewelry mostly through Etsy and have separate Instagram and Facebook accounts for both.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Congratulations on launching your store. Your paintings are absolutely beautiful!
I've taken a look through your store and I have a few suggestions.
First, your comment about struggling with traffic and engagement - in order to get traffic, people typically rely on the following things: SEO, Ads, Social Media.
With your SEO, you have your paintings named things like "Old Birch" or "Hot Afternoon", the problem with names like this is that a person trying to find these types of paintings in Google is not going to type "Hot Afternoon" into search. By default, Shopify will pull your product titles and descriptions and use that as your SEO (that is what is happening in your case). You don't want to leave your SEO to default, you want to make sure that you are including the same words that a person would be using when they are doing their search. We did a whole video on this and how to edit it within your Shopify store:
Along the same lines as what I just mentioned, I'd recommend keeping your link options really basic. Ie. "Prints" "Paintings" "Jewelry".
Next, Ad's. I personally think there are better free ways to go about advertising (which I'll get into) but if you do decide to do ads, give this a watch:
Last but not least, social media. This is where I feel you will shine. Being present on social media and creating helpful content that people within your niche will love is a great way to do content marketing. Maybe it's short video clips of your favorite paints and brushes, or a sped up video of you painting one of your canvases. TikTok is a newer platform, you would grow so much faster on there than you would Instagram or Facebook so if you do content marketing, I'd recommend doing it on TikTok. You can also link your TikTok to your IG account and automatically share your TikToks to IG as well (kill two birds with one stone). TikTok also has a Shopify app.
A few other little things.
1. Add a favicon, here is how to do that:
2. Remove "Powered by Shopify" at the bottom:
We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution! If you have any questions or are interested in talking to us 1-1, don't hesitate to reach out, our email address is email@example.com.
Best of luck!
Hello @AlinaL Hope you are doing good. Your store looks nice and here are few suggestions.
There are no reviews on your products. Add customer review app to boost your sales.
Add Description on each product.
Mention more contact details to look your store trustworthy.
If you are already selling on Etsy store, Consider our Etsy Integration app in the shopify app store.
Have seen your store and your works are amazing.
Here are some of my suggestions for you:
- On the banners, now I see you guide your customers to some pages, but they are not product pages.
I think the product pages should be the priority.
- You should have a CTA button here.
- This is an unclickable section. This will prevent your customers to reach out to your products.
- I hope you have an Instagram account because it is a good place to help you show your works and content.
More than that, you can create an Instagram gallery for your store to increase social proof.
If you want to have one, check this app Shoppable Instagram Gallery.
- On your product pages, you should add:
+ Detailed description
+ More product images
+ Sticky Add to Cart button. This app Advanced Sticky Add to Cart will help you do that with ease
+ More Upsell and Cross-sell methods. For example, Product Bundles or Frequently Bought Together
- Also, some points that you need to focus on the homepage:
+ Have more sections to encourage your customers to reach out to products.
+ Put the CTA button apparently.
+ Add a section that shows the benefits when shopping in your store
+ Use more promotion events to test
Hope this helps!
Hello @AlinaL, I hope you are doing well! Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase:
- Add a favicon.
- Add price below the images and add an 'add to cart button'. Make the images clickable.
- Display the collection on the homepage.
- Give product recommendations. Add a section of trending and new products.
- You can add a countdown timer to create urgency for your promotions or offers with the countdown timer bar and motivate your customers to buy more from the store. It helps in increasing sales.
- Add a web push notification. It turns visitors into subscribers and subscribers into customers. It can be sent even when customers are not in your store and bring back the lost customer to your store. You can also send an abandoned cart push notification, it helps to reduce the abandoned cart rate.
- Add a referral program, it helps in increasing sales and creates brand awareness. You can ask your customers to refer a product to their friends and family. When the product is referred by some known, people tend to purchase the product. The referral program helps in increasing sales. You can give a reward for referring the product to someone.
- Add a popup with a discount code.
Moreover, if you would like to implement the above customer engagement features/ marketing tools in your store I suggest you to install the 'All in one' Shopify app AiTrillion, a full-fledged marketing solution. It will help you to capture visitors coming to your store and will help in getting more conversions.
Hope this helps!
We have two businesses and this one simply doesn't get the attention it should as we have decided to focus on the other business. With the right focus and attention, it has a tremendous amount of potential alternativestips.com Great Site Super Helpful for me.
Hello @EcomGeeks ,
Thank you so much for your thoughtful review. I realized through the reviews I received on my site I still have so much to learn! Through the parallel lines of offerings of my art and jewelry I manage the Shopify store, an Etsy store, 2 instagram and 2 facebook accounts, while making the products I sell - none of them very well. It's overwhelming.
So I decided to pause my Shopify store for now, take the pointers you suggested and focus on the art making and learning. I would very much like to get more help from you, when I am ready to reopen the store. I will hang onto your contact information and would like to send you a note, once I am ready.
I am so appreciative of your time and attention to my question.
Thank you for your thoughtful review. I have now paused my store to regain some focus and to take in the suggestions here.
I very much appreciate your time and thoughtful response. I will take into account as I am revamping and re opening.
In response to you pausing your store, an alternative option would be to go with Shopify Lite. This way you get to keep the products and checkout you've created in Shopify but you have no storefront. You can then connect your store to your Facebook and Instagram accounts, tag the products that you post, and ta-da, it links right to the product and allows the customer to check out!
Completely understand if you want to put things on pause, it definitely sounds like you have a lot on your plate right now. Just wanted to let you know what options are out there.
You take care! I hope to hear from you in the future :).