Feedback on my store? Gets traffic but no sales

MH20201
2 0 1

The website of my store is attractivearomas.com

Please give brutal honest opinions on what I need to do and what is good so that I can really start to generate some sales!!

Replies 5 (5)
CutOutWiz
Navigator
426 29 146

Hello @MH20201 

Hope you are well. 

If you are worried about not having your traffic converting to sales, then I would say, just hang in there. This process takes a lot of time and millions of Shopify owners are facing the same problem. You can look at some pro tips right here on how to boost sales: You have great faith in your online shop, but why aren’t visitors converting?

Another thing about traffic is that: you need at be attracting the right audience. If your products cater to, say, females under 40, but the people visiting your site are all males over 50, it generates traffic, but it is not likely to give you any sales. A quick tip is to visit google trends and check which people, what age and what location are looking for your products and place targeted ads accordingly. 

Now, to your website: 

Banner: 

Add a Shop Now button to your Banner, so that it can redirect your customers to your catalogue page. You have two types of products - cologne and perfume. Consider putting two pictures (in form of a slideshow) on your banner, for each product category. Remember that each slide should be on for less than 5 seconds, and that each slide should have a shop now button to the relevant page. 

Header: 

Make your headers sticky, so that it stays even if the user scroll down. This makes navigation easier. 

Also consider adding a New Collection and an About Us tab to your header. this way all this can go on separate pages and you can have more space to freely display your products. 

Product Images: 

Add more images of the product and also add a caption for each image. 

Thank you, and Best of Luck! Please reach out in case of any questions!

If you found this helpful, leave a Like to let me know.
If this answers your question, please rate this as an accepted solution 🙂

M, from the Business Development Team of
Cutoutwiz
MH20201
2 0 1

Perfect I will work on this today! overall did the store seem appealing upon going to it?

CutOutWiz
Navigator
426 29 146

Yes, it looks good. Will be even better with some minor tweaks. 

Happy Selling!

If you found this helpful, leave a Like to let me know.
If this answers your question, please rate this as an accepted solution 🙂

M, from the Business Development Team of
Cutoutwiz
EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
1070 143 333

Hey @MH20201,

Before I get into my feedback, I wanted to let you know that we are giving away prizes every week leading up to Christmas. Prizes include things like custom logos and favicons, custom store banners, one hour of store tweaks and for one lucky person, we are giving away a complete store re-design. To get your entry in, all you need to do is sign up for our email newsletter. Oh, and we are giving away FREE Christmas store banners and pop up graphics automatically to everyone who signs up.

Now, onto my feedback..

On your homepage, instead of having "for men" and "for women", I would replace that with whatever colognes/perfumes are currently trending/popular.

screencapture-attractivearomas-2020-12-14-12_15_48.png

Your store needs some organization. When you click Cologne, there are 269 pages of products. You want to make it incredibly easy for the customer to find what they are looking for. I'd recommend separating these into collections by who created them ie. Clive Christian, Creed and etc. You can also add other filters as well that you think your customers may want.

With these perfumes and colognes there are already large, well-known companies selling this same thing. When a person is searching for this type of product in Google, these big companies are who is showing up in search results and who you are competing with for customers. A person can complete IF they give people a reason to purchase from them vs. the other guys. An example of this might be someone who makes a product locally, their "reason" as to why you should purchase from them vs the other guy is because they are local and a lot of people are passionate about shopping local. I would recommend figuring out what sets you apart and make that clear on your website.

I'd also recommend adding contact information on your website as well as social media links if you have them (if you don't you should set those up). Some of these colognes are hundreds of dollars so making your website look trustworthy enough to purchase from is huge.

My last recommendation is to spend some time on your SEO. By default, Shopify will pull your product titles and descriptions and use that as your SEO (that is what is happening in your case). You don't want to leave your SEO to default, you want to be intentional about the words you use so that you are reaching your intended audience. We see it a lot, store owners get plenty of traffic but no sales and they are left discouraged and frustrated. Definitely don't want that for you so please do watch this video:

EcomGeeks_1-1607977530657.gif

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

LuckyDanny
Shopify Partner
352 67 210

Hey there, @MH20201!  

Welcome to Shopify! It’s frustrating when you get traffic and no sales, but the good news is that means there’s room to grow. 

Right off the bat, I see a few things:

• Create a logo instead of just using text. 
  • Once you have a logo, use it as your favicon.
  • Link your entire announcement bar instead of just the CTA

Those are little things you can do to drive more sales.

Looking further, here are a few suggestions:

• Homepage hero image: I don’t have your image, but you need a CTA.
  • Collection features on the homepage: Use better images (one is lifted from a paid stock image site) and make sure they have the same sizing. Add text to really spice it up.
  • Home page About Us: Remove it. The testimonials are going to be stronger than your About Us block of text. Use a scroll heatmap to see how far people scroll and what details they miss. Make this a page linked from your footer. 
  • Quick links: Add Contact information and include value in your newsletter subscription. What do they get if they sign up? Remember that most people don’t know if they want to buy from you, so you’re going to need to highlight why they should sign up for your newsletter.
  • Shipping information: You mention that there’s a flat rate across the country. Which country? What’s the rate? Provide more information. 
  • Main Navigation: You say you have the perfect scent, but how would visitors know? Watch session recordings, which act like a DVR for your website, to see how people move around your store. This may be a great opportunity to expand your main navigation in a way that helps visitors find that perfect scent. For example, Home | Shop All | Shop by Scent | Shop by Price | Shop by Brand may be more helpful. A buying guide may also be really helpful here. 
  • Collections: You have to get filters. There’s no way around this. You have two filters: Colognes for Men and Perfumes for Women. That isn’t going to be helpful when you have thousands of products. You have to make it easier for your visitors. Provide filters for scents, brands, prices, ratings, etc. Also, you’re scaring away people by having the default sort by price from high to low. It conflicted with your testimonial that said you had great prices. I get the reason behind the strategy, but you don’t want to scare away visitors in the process. Use a click heatmap to see where people are clicking and if they are immediately sorting by something else.  
  • Product Pages: Get that shipping pricing out from and center. Again, since you mention that it’s a flat rate, let people know how much it costs. Edit your photos down; I’m looking at the 1 Million Eau De Toilette Spray, and the photos are all basically the same with slightly different lighting. Edit the text for grammar issues and make it easier to find. Be sure to add in reviews! Also, I wasn’t a fan of your “You May Also Like” because it highlighted your most expensive products when I was looking at a $43.60 product. You may want to consider offering testers for people who aren’t ready to pay full price but want to give it a try. 
  • Chat: I can’t leave without discussing your chat. It’s misbranded as VIP Fashion  Trend.

Overall, there’s some work to be done, but you’re on the right path. You’re headed in the right direction, and using visitor behavior will help you see exactly what’s going on with your visitors. You’ll be able to understand why they aren’t checking out. Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at US $10/month.

I hope this helps! Good luck!

Cheers - Danny

I’m the co-founder of Lucky Orange, one of the top recommended Shopify apps to grow sales. More than 26,000+ merchants use our app and have left us more than 600 5-star reviews.

We’re also proud to be a Shopify Plus partner.

-Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
-Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!