Hoping someone may be able to help me get my first sale on my new store. It has been running for 2 weeks and has now had about 500 page views. I have still not sold a thing! I feel my prices are competitive and I’m selling to the UK with quick uk shipping so I’m having a hard time working it out. Contact details are there and I think it looks ok. Please give me some tips and suggestions!
Congratulations on your store!
Hope the following suggestions will help you
Example of the product page:
Hello @Housetohome, you need to make your store professional make people purchase from you. Here are a few suggestions:
- Setup announcement bars or timers to promote your offers on the store. AiTrillion has pre-designed templates of announcement bar, timer & sales motivator bars.
- The home Page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. Slideshow Image- Collection List- New/ trending/ recently viewed products- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- Instagram Feed.
- You can start giving loyalty points to your customers on different activities like signing up, visiting a store, making a purchase, allowing for push notifications, share/ follow on social media. This will help you to entice your customers and retain them. You can reward your customers in order to redeem those points. When you will give points to them they will come again in the future to make a purchase in order to redeem those points. This encourages repeat purchases which increase sales and help in retaining your customers.
- Add web push notifications, it will help you to retarget your customers even when customers are not in your store without getting their email address. It also helps to reduce the abandoned cart rate.
- Add a chatbot to make sure you never lose any of your customers. Every visitor can be your customer.
If you would like to implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to install the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. I am sure you will find it useful.
Hope this Helps!
Just had a look at your store. I believe that your products are really cool and they have potential. I would like to give the following feedback to improve it and for some conversions.
* Make a bigger website header in landscape form and replace your current image with something that gives more customer value and pleasing to the eyes. For example, A big room of a house decorated with your products with a happy family inside, add a caption something like "Make your house into a home" or "Make your house into most comfortable living"
* Similarly, add a section on the homepage where you can show the potential customers how your products look in the homes. This will improve your positioning and value for the customer.
* Be very active on your Facebook and Instagram page, a dedicated effort where you can showcase your products and sell your value. The social platforms will help you driving traffic to your website.
* Improve the copy of the delivery message. You can write something like Fast Delivery with a fast delivery icon and write below something like "You will get your orders in 3-5 days maximum"
* Add a live chat widget on your store to welcome and greet your new visitors.
* To protect your store exits and bounce rate, integrate an interactive exit intent to engage the potential customers. I would recommend you integrating Wheelify by Care Cart. It will gamify your store by running spin a wheel game to give discount codes to the potential customers.
* If possible, make a crisp marketing video, It can be a stock one showcasing your products and positioning value.
* Collect the email ids of your store visitors so that you can retarget them through email campaigns.
* Turn your existing traffic into your social proof by showing it on your products. This will build social proof for your store. You can try Trafficly app by Care Cart to implement this feature.
Hope the feedback helps. Good Luck
Hello @Housetohome. Hope you are doing well.
I understand how it can be frustrating to be doing everything right but still not getting your traffic converted to sales. You may find comfort in knowing that you're not the only one on that boat. Millions of Shopify store owners are facing the same problem. This is not because you are necessarily doing something wrong, but rather because Sales is an organic process, involving people getting to know you, visiting your brand, looking at your products, comparing them with others, and finally making the decision to purchase from you. So this takes some time, during which you have to hold on tight. But, you can't be just passively waiting for sales to grow, so I would recommend you look at these tips and see which ones you can use: You have great faith in your online shop, but why aren’t visitors converting?
Another thing you could consider: Not all traffic is good traffic.
Traffic will only have any chance of converting to sales if they are being generated by the right consumer. If your product is for females under the age of 30, but your ads are being viewed by males over 50, that is a lot of traffic, but it will never convert to sales. So, before you spend on targeting, a good idea is to have a simple Google Trends search, that will tell you who is looking for the products you search, what is their age, gender, and location. Then you can put forward some really targeted ads that are bound to generate clicks.
I have some more observations.
Hopefully, these will do for now. All the best and happy selling.
Hi @Housetohome ,
Here is Bruno from Suproof.
Good work having your store up and running! You should initially tweak your store to make it more appealing to potential customers. You do have some interesting products, I think there is potential.
- I suggest updating your main page banner. It looks cutoff on desktop
- Right above the footer there is an image, I am not sure what it is. You could update the image and also add a CTA to take to products page there
- Add a favicon
- Consider reducing size of product images on main page. It's too big right now
- I suggest you create an Instagram account and be active there. Connect with people within UK that have similar interest
- After making these changes, you can try to run a small ad campaign and see the traction. Check where whether customers are dropping out in the initial page or product page.
- At the end you should build trust with product reviews as well. There are options available on Shopify apps, I suggest taking a look at Suproof. It would let you or your customers create photo/image/text based stories for your products. This will help customers make up their mind about buying your product.
Hope this helps.
My name is Richard - CRO Expert at PageFly Free Page Builder. I have spent time to look at your store and leave some constructive comments.
I really appreciate that the store is clear enough for customer to understand and scan through, and the store's theme quite fits with the products that you are selling.
However, I believe things I mention bellow will help you to positively affect your sale volume. Hope that will give you some useful ideas.
1. Navigation menu
I really appriciate that you make your categories be on the first navigation menu, that allows your customers could find their product more easily.
To make it looks better, I recommend you to put them in a line.
You can also consider to make it a dropdown menu, so that users don't have to click on the categories to see the subcategories under it.
2. Create a seperate category for discount products on the first navigation menu. It will help you boost sales on promoted products.
3. Help your customers to see products' variations and image of other angles of products add Secondary Hover Image, so that customers don't have to access the product page to find what they want to see.
You can consider to leave a BUY NOW button on the collection page and let them go directly to the check out page. This will reduce touch point until they complete the purchage. The more time customers have to consider, the more likely you will lose your sales.
4. It needs more than 2 product images to persuade your customer before they come to the final purchasing decision.
5. To make your website more professional, please consider other features like:
I hope these recommendations will help. The last thing, I recommend you to check out more latest tips to boost sales in this guide.
If you find it difficult to make changes to your storefront, you may want to take a look at PageFly - this app helps you to build up store with no coding skill required, free subscription plan and 24/7 support.
If you find my suggestion helpful to you, please hit Like.
Thank you. Have a nice day then!
Hope you are doing good. Store is looking really nice. I have a few tips which you can work on it.
Your home page is looking great but you can further improve by adding a nice theme on header and footer space.
Add a nice favicon.
Try to install a sticky header so that customer can easily navigate on the menu and search field.
And adjust the sale badges to top left of product image.
Add more related products which increases the cross sales.
Increase the font size of product description.
I didn't find any reviews on your products. You can add customer reviews on your products to increase your sales.
Add a chatbot so that customer can easily contact for any queries.
There are terms, Refund and privacy policies but the customer need to accept to these before purchasing any product from your store.
If you have any hand made products in your store Consider to sell on Etsy platform. There are Etsy Integration apps in the shopify app store .
Have seen your site and have some suggestions for you:
- You should have more than one banner. You can add some banners that show some specific products.
- Add Quickview or Quickshop for your products.
- You can see that those texts are quite hard to see.
- I think you're not making sales because you lack social proof. Here are some ways that can help you increase your social proof:
+ Have more reviews and photo reviews. Adding a review section on the homepage can be a good idea.
+ Have more social network accounts with more followers, likes, etc.
Have seen your Instagram account, and have good content. So you can add an Instagram gallery to show your Instagram content.
If you want to have one, check this app Shoppable Instagram Gallery. It will help you create a shoppable one which can increase your sales.
+ Have live chat support
- Add the section that shows the benefits when shopping at your store.
- On your product pages, you should add:
+ The Buy Now button
+ More Upsell and Cross-sell methods
+ Detailed description
+ The Sticky Add to Cart bar
- If you want to provide your customers with PDF invoices, the app Drag and Drop PDF invoice will help you create many unique templates.
Hope this helps!
Connect your PayPal account to allow your customers to checkout using the PayPal gateway a...By Ollie Jul 28, 2022