Hi All -
Thanks for your time and feedback in advance. I am hoping you can check my website and provide some feedback.
I have been with Shopify for 3 years now and NO sales, NO traffic. Thiniing in moving to etsy and/or amazon.
Actually I sell a little bit more on Amazon.
I pay Facebook and Instagram Ads and somehow people see the ads but they do not feel compelled to visit the site.
I am wondering if there is something that I have not seen on the site that hinders visitors to buy?
Hi @warriorgoddess ,
I visited your website. your products and web design are very nice. I like them. But I saw something, this may be helpful to get traffic and a higher conversion rate:
Maybe you set customer target wrong. Please check!
I own a cosmetics brand on Shopify and manage to earn an average of 4000-5000 per month. This is thanks to doing online marketing with FB ads and SEO, which helps drive more than 800+ organic views to my website monthly.
And from my experience, in order to run ads effectively, you need to do some good research with SEO first. By doing SEO, you'll understand what are the most effective keywords from organic traffic and also, customer behavior on your website.
Then you can optimize your ads with SEO insights and improve your on-site elements to boost conversion. By the way, there's no need to hire a costly SEO expert as there are some free and effective Shopify apps that offer good service (I'm personally using this one: https://bit.ly/2YxoOYC)
As a fellow store owner who also struggled at first, here are my personal recommendations for you. Just make sure:
1. you have a winning product.
2. Your store is professional-looking and high-converting.
- add a best seller category
- The slide banner with great visuals with your products and the "call to action" button. the slide banner should show the benefits of your products ( you can choose the best sellers to describe), your events, your discounts (Black Friday is coming, right?)
- add realistic product images
- make videos to attract customers and increase time on site
- pop up chat and discount pop up
- Add reviews for each product (some Shopify review apps can help) and a lower price next to the original one or to attract customers (on both the homepage and the product page)
- And don't forget to add JSON LD to your site to display your reviews on Google search by SEO app. (This SEO app I use 1 year: https://bit.ly/3wrKsKp)
- SEO: your mobile version is not good. Heading tags, Meta tags, keywords are not optimized. To handle this I usually use the above SEO app.
- One thing I noticed while on your website, was that you have Powered by Shopify in your footer. here is how you can remove that:
Step 1. Navigate to your Online Store > Themes section of your admin.
Step 2. In the Action drop-down menu next to your current theme, select Edit Languages.
Step 3. In the Search Translations bar next to Filter please type in "power".
Step 4. Under Powered by Shopify, in the text bar, just put in a single space. This will erase the Powered by Shopify.
In the top right corner, select Save.
3. Effective and diverse marketing strategies including ads, email marketing, SEO, etc
For me, step 3 is where most people including myself could go wrong. My advice for small stores starting out with a limited budget would be to invest 80% on ads and 20% on SEO. At first, you need to prioritize ads for quick sales but never miss out on SEO as it helps you grow your online presence sustainably with an affordable strategy. By the way, there's no need to hire a costly SEO expert as there are some free SEO apps that offer good service.