Hi, I opened up shop about a month ago, been doing ok at driving traffic in as far as I can see, but cant seem to convert. I've read alot of posts about it and followed alot of suggestions. I've even gone and placed a test order to see how the process is and it seemed pretty smooth to me. I would really appreciate some outside opinions on why people just arent buying. My site is : inspire-pets.com
Thanks in advance for all the help
Clayton Bates here from Shopify Experts.
If you're getting some sales already it might be time to upgrade the theme template. If you're getting a lot of mobile traffic it might be worth using these ones
I noticed the button on that page doesn't match your website might be worth changing the color.
If you're making sales might be worth getting some professional images done that make the site not look like a drop shipping site. The key is to not look like everyone else.
Congratulations on your store!
Hope the following suggestions will help you
Hello @NoemiD, I hope you are doing well! here are some suggestions:
- Add a Favicon.
- After the collection list give the product recommendations. Add a section of trending, new, recently viewed products. To add this you can also install the all-in-one Shopify app AiTrillion and simply enable the product recommendations.
- Add Instagram shop & feed to your store.
- Add reviews on the home page. It helps in building trust with other visitors.
- Add 'add to cart' & 'buy now' buttons below the products.
- Add web push notifications to reach your customers directly without getting their email addresses.
- Make your store engaging and interactive enough to capture visitors & convert them into paying customers. Add loyalty program, chatbot in your store.
You can give loyalty points to your customers on activities like signing up, allowing for web push notifications, making a purchase, visiting a store, and many more.
This will help in doubling the sales as when you give loyalty points to your customers they will come again to your store to make a purchase in order to redeem those points. You can give rewards to your customers to redeem those points.
For customer engagement tools you can try the all-in-one Shopify app AiTrillion. I am sure you will find it useful.
Hope this helps!
Hope you are doing well.
I understand how it can be frustrating to be doing everything right but still not getting your traffic converted to sales. You may find comfort in knowing that you're not the only one on that boat. Millions of Shopify store owners are facing the same problem. This is not because you are necessarily doing something wrong, but rather because Sales is an organic process, involving people getting to know you, visiting your brand, looking at your products, comparing them with others, and finally making the decision to purchase from you. So this takes some time, during which you have to hold on tight. But, you can't be just passively waiting for sales to grow, so I would recommend you look at these tips and see which ones you can use: You have great faith in your online shop, but why aren’t visitors converting?
Another Thing you could consider: Not all traffic is good traffic.
Traffic will only have any chance of converting to sales if they are being generated by the right consumer. If your product is for females under the age of 30, but your ads are being viewed by males over 50, that is a lot of traffic, but it will never convert to sales. So, before you spend on targeting, a good idea is to have a simple Google Trends search, that will tell you who is looking for the products you search, what is their age, gender and location. Then you can put forward some really targeted ads that are bound to generate clicks.
The headings are important to navigate the site. If the headers keep disappearing, it makes it hard to find what the customer is looking for. That is why if you make your headers sticky, the user can see them even if they have scrolled down, which makes the site more user friendly.
You can also consider making your headings a bit bigger, so that they catch the eye more easily.
A good idea is to have your newsletter as a popup so that it shows up when the customer enters the home page. This will make it more visible and attract more people to your newsletter from where you can target more interested people..
Customers read user reviews more than they read product descriptions. If they find that 50 other people have liked your product and have purchased from you, it helps your credibility and they feel safer buying from you. So try to add some reviews of your products and services to your homepage.
Especially for this kind of product, it is a good idea to have multiple images of the product, from multiple angles, so that the customer can have a feel of what they are buying. If you are looking for an image processing company that will solve all your needs, you can check out CutOutWiz.
People tend to buy more from people they can easily relate to. If you share your journey, your goals, and your aspirations with your customers, it will be easier for people to connect with you. If you can create an emotional connection with your visitors, people are sure to buy products from you.
Hope this helps you. If you find it useful, leave a like to let me know! Happy Selling! Thank you and the Very Best of Luck to you!
Dear @NoemiD ,
My name is Richard - CRO Expert at PageFly Free Page Builder. I have spent time to look at your store and leave some constructive comments.
I really appreciate that the store is clear enough for customer to understand and scan through, and the store's theme quite fits with the products that you are selling. You also provide instant help by adding Live Chat window on your page, that's amazing.
However, I believe things I mention bellow will help you to positively affect your sale volume. Hope that will give you some useful ideas.
1. You should make product categories the first level of the Main Navigation rather than putting them all on a catalog. Showing categories on Main Navigation will allow your customers find products that fit their needs more effectively, instead of letting them go through many touch points before reaching the products they want.
There is a search bar on the top right corner, the "Search" on the navigation is definitely unneeded.
2. There are too many blank spaces on your site. It just takes around few seconds to gain good impression when users first come to your site. The more values you can show-up, the more likely you can convert traffics to conversions.
My recommendation: you can reduce the right and left margins of your page, recude spacing between elements, add more banners/product images, etc.
3. Banners on slideshow are not in high quality. I think you should consider to change them. CTA button is not really convincing enough to make customers click on. You can also think about adding more promotional texts to persuade customers, instead of using only one button on the Slides.
4. Add featured/ hot-sale products on your homepage to allow customer to complete their purchases dirrectly on their homepage, without accessing categories and product pages.
5. To make your website more professional, please consider other features like:
I hope these recommendations will help. The last thing, I recommend you to check out more latest tips to boost sales in this guide.
If you find it difficult to make changes to your storefront, you may want to take a look at PageFly - this app helps you to build up store with no coding skill required, free subscription plan and 24/7 support.
If you find my suggestion helpful to you, please hit Like.
Thank you. Have a nice day then!
PageFly- Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.
Check our Evergreen List of Best Platforms To Sell Online.
Learn how to boost your sales for Father's Day with PageFly