We opened our store this week, with our advertising we are seeing about 300-500 visitors per day which isn't too impressive but for week one we are pretty proud. We have targeted ads and decent interaction on social media so we know that at least some of our advertising is connecting with potential customers. We get about 5-10 cart creations a day but other than friend's and family we have not had any sales.
If you would please take the time to review our site and let us know if you see any areas where we could improve. We are currently using a free theme that I have edited a bit since I since I have a background in IT. We haven't reached too many people yet as this is our first week but we are super curious as to why people keep abandoning their carts. We are not the cheapest place to buy clothes but we have very high quality clothing that is very competitively priced with similar plus size stores. We offer flat rate shipping $6 for one item and $8 for multiple items but if you purchase $130 or more you get free shipping. We also offer Route shipping protection in hopes to add some trust to the customers experience.
We are still adding products weekly to expand our line as well. Please let me know if you have any questions and thanks for the help!
I just had look into your website, It's looking good. I observed few points on your website.
-> You can use open new tab on the links on the footer section and items on grid page, then customers are spent more time on your store.
-> You can add the item reviews under product page, Item reviews can help give customers that additional propel they have to confide in your online shop and finish their buy. I would suggest including item reviews too, as reviews for customers to share their positive experience thus different customers can see the reviews and be influenced to purchase.
-> You can Add blog page, Blog initially used to provide a unique way for people to share their thoughts, feelings, experiences, and opinions and It is a huge opportunity to increase your company's visibility.
-> You can improve your Testimonials. Testimonials take the spotlight away from the seller, and shine it on the customer. Adding client testimonials to your website can be an extremely effective way to establish trust and strengthen your company's reputation. They are extremely powerful tools when it comes to strengthening your branding.
Otherwise, Nice work on your store.
I hope these points are helpful for your website.
Congratulations on launching your store! Sorry to hear the sales aren't where you expected, hopefully I can provide some insight as to why this is happening.
First I'll touch on your stores first impression. I do feel that there are a few changes that could make your store look more professional. A professional design will instill trust in your customers and give them confidence to purchase from you.
That main banner area is prime real estate for selling. We recommend having a professional photo of your products, a title introducing your brand or product, a line of text underneath that expands on your title and a call to action button such as "Shop Now". Here is an example:
You've got the right idea on yours but instead of adding the text directly on top of the image, I'd utilize the text option that theme gives you. It will adjust better for mobile users that way as well.
As far as colors go, the blue for your newsletter and top bar don't quite match your logo. You've got some nice colors going on in your logo, I would use those same colors to replace for your accents.
Next, your products. You mentioned "We are not the cheapest place to buy clothes but we have very high quality clothing that is very competitively priced with similar plus size stores." This is very important to emphasize throughout your store. Plus sized clothing can be purchased in big box stores and purchased online through them or Amazon. When you search for plus sized clothing, this is who is showing up in search results and who you are competing with for customers. People with well known, well established brands with massive marketing budgets. A person can complete IF they give people a reason to purchase from them vs. the other guys. I'd establish what it is that sets you apart and then really emphasize that throughout your store and in your advertising.
On the topic of advertising, you can expand your sales channels and promote your products on Google Shopping using the AllFetch Google Shopping Feed app (it's free). It allows you to easily syncing your products from your Shopify store to the Google Merchant Center.
I will leave it at that for now but if you would like talk to us 1-1, we offer sessions where take a look at your store, identify the greatest issues holding you back, then provide solutions and advice. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!
Best of luck!
Hello @FeistyBoutique, I hope you are doing well! To get conversions you need to make your store professional and trustworthy. Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase:
- The home page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. Slideshow Image- Collection List- Product Recommendations- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- Instagram Feed.
- Add reviews on the product page. It helps in building trust with other visitors.
- For getting more conversions and sales you can target your customers by sending automated emails that help to improve the relevancy and timeliness of your campaigns. You can use triggers and workflows to automatically send messages to consumers after they take a specific action. For some reason unknown to you, they leave without making a purchase but with email automation, you can make sure that this user receives an email shortly after they abandoned their cart, reminding them of what they left behind and asking if they need help completing their purchase. In this case, email marketing automation turns a missed opportunity into an opportunity to build a stronger relationship and make a sale.
- Add exit-intent popup. Track when someone is about to leave your website and show the visitor exit-intent popup with attractive offers and coupon code to complete the purchase.
- Start giving loyalty points on activities like on signing up, allowing for push notifications, follow or share on social media, on birthdays, visiting a store, leaving a review. This will help you to entice your visitors and will also increase the number of push subscribers, reviews, newsletter subscribers. A loyalty program helps in increasing sales and increase the retention rate.
Moreover, if you would like to implement the above customer engagement features/ marketing tools in your store I suggest you to install the 'All in one' Shopify app AiTrillion, a full-fledged marketing solution. It will help you to capture visitors coming to your store and will help in getting more conversions.
Hope this helps!