Hi @SallyDavies , I'm Richard - CRO Expert at PageFly Free Page Builder.
Congrats on your new store. Overall, when surfing the web I find it very simple to follow the content. You did a good job on the web structure I might say. I want to give my compliments on that! Furthermore, the store speed is really good, however there are some unnecessary Java and CSS codes that slow down your store, you can check them here and remove them to make the store faster: Shopify Analyzer, Pagespeed
There are also some points I'd like to make so you can better your store and gain sales!
1. Layout Color
- The logo and footer color of your website is mint, however the pictures added in the homepage has brown/beige palette. I think you can change this if you want to make the web more aesthetically better. t might help the web looks more professional.
Make the header sticky so that customers can jump from pages to pages easier.
3. Hero section
The hero section is the first thing a visitor look at when getting into your web so it is of importance to make it crystal clear about what you sell on this section.
For this section of yours, it might confused visitors a little bit cause they are not sure what you are selling (I thought it was a pet store not a supplies-for-pet store). I highly recommend you to change the picture to something more intelligible.
You should also include a CTA button here
4. Collection page
- Make sure the size of the images for product pages (in the collection page) are in the same size.
- Also, it could be great if you can include the star rating, color swatches for the products
- Furthermore, a secondary hover image is also a thing should be done. It gives your potential customers another chance to consider the product
- You are using the "Pagination Loading Schema" for the Collection Page but I recommend you use the 'Load More' schema. The Pagination is not mobile friendly as the Load More and when the customers want to look back at some products they have seen they have to click through some pages (which might make them feel uneasy)
- You can also add a 'Back To Top' button
5. Product Page
- Include the social proof and testimonial will help you a lot on gaining more sales cause customers believe their peer more than what brand say
Hope that my recommendations would be useful for you and you can apply that. Furthermore, you can check this article to optimize your store speed. Please like if you find my comment helpful for you. Thank you so much.
PageFly- Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.
Check our Evergreen List of Best Platforms To Sell Online.
Learn how to boost your sales for Father's Day with PageFly
Great job on your store so far, I can tell you've put a lot of time into your website and a lot of thought into your writing.
One thing I noticed right away were some of your titles, I'll take this product for example. When I take a look at your product SEO, this is what I see and this is how it would show up in search results or social media shares:
By default, Shopify will take your product title and the description and add that into your SEO. The issue here is that a person searching for your type of products wouldn't type "Same Sale - cute cat bed" into Google. We’ve created a video walking you through how to do your SEO properly so that you can target your intended audience:
The other thing I'd recommend is to have an active social media presence. You have a link to Facebook, but the link doesn't work. Having an active social media presence adds trust to your brand. Potential customers are going to research before purchasing and one of the first places they are going to check is social media.
Back to your homepage, when I first land this is what I see:
That area top section of your website is prime real estate for getting eyes on your products. Instead of a photo of a dog, I'd add product photos or better yet a photo of a cat and a dog wearing or using products. I see only dog photos at the top and you sell for cats as well so I'd make that very clear visually.
As I scroll down I see this:
I would spend some time curating a few items that are currently trending or the ones that customers seem to view the most or purchase.
Again, great job so far and congratulations on the sales you've made. We wish you all the best! We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up!
PS: If you need some graphics for your store for Black Friday, we just released a free pack. They look like this:
They come in 4 different colors and have percentage variations ranging from 20%-80% off. You can download them for free when you sign up for our email list.
Hi @SallyDavies !
I highly recommend changing the theme store.
90% of people read reviews before purchasing an item. I personally do not read the description too much, I go straight on to the reviews section because that is social proof. In my opinion that is essential for every site. I highly recommend (almost insist) and adding that feature on your site. You can use Growave for that, it offers automated emails within the Reviews feature as well.
The items in your store are something that every person will need in their lives. Therefore, I recommend using a Referral program by Growave to give your customers an opportunity of sharing your products with friends and getting rewarded for that.
The items on your store are something that will most likely be purchased by one person several times. For better customer retention I recommend using Rewards program by Growave, that will give out various discounts depending on how much a person has spent on your store or how many actions he/she has completed (left a review, shared the site, created an account, etc.)
For adding the functions above you can use several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at once just with a couple of clicks, try Growave.
We have 6 great features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts, etc.
There is a free plan available.
Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post.
Hi @SallyDavies welcome to Shopify community
Hope your business is going well during these difficult times. I checked your store website, and I have a few tips and feedback I'd like to share,
1. Send abandoned cart emails: If you have lots of traffic and little sales due to abandoned carts so you can get lost revenue using abandonment email campaigns. There are many Automated tools for abandoned carts. They can help you increase sales and re-engage visitors to your site who have left. You can also send promotional emails to your subscriber's list.
2. Have a featured collection based on your offers, new arrivals, best sellers, etc. This will grab the attention of customers when they browse the homepage itself. Also adding more graphic product labels/stickers like Sale, Fast Selling, Free Shipping can help increase your sales by tapping into powerful psychological triggers such as scarcity, social proof, and urgency. You can read more about it here.
3. Good navigation provides an improved user experience leading to more sales and revenue. Add a top navigation bar with the product catalog broken down into different collections & categories so that customers can quickly browse and reach their desired products faster. Also, have an auto-complete and suggestion feature in the search bar so that it provides an extra helping hand to relatable collections and products will also be useful.
4. Adding product stickers/trust badges can help increase your sales by tapping into powerful psychological triggers such as scarcity, social proof, and urgency. Also having graphic and personalised stickers on products will help grab attention of customers easily and nudge them to purchase.
5. Shopify store owners made sales worth over $2.9 Billion during BFCM 2019. This year according to a Google report, "People will discover and buy online even more" and most of them will shop at local, small businesses. It’s past time to prepare your Shopify store for the biggest shopping weekend in the United States!
Now this year may not be exactly the same. Customer priorities and buying behavior has changed SIGNIFICANTLY this year, thanks to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Read more in our blog here to get a complete rundown of how to Increase Black Friday Cyber Monday Sales with Your Shopify Store Experience.
I hope this helps!
Hello @SallyDavies, I hope you are doing good! here is the feedback:
- The home Page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. Slideshow Image- Collection List- New arrivals, Bestsellers- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- Instagram Feed
- Add a call to action button on the banner image of the homepage.
- Showcase reviews on the home page or create an exclusive page that will build more trust in visitors.
- Add a reward program for giving points and let customers redeem on their next purchase.
- Add announcement bars or timers to promote your offers on the store.
- Add web push notifications, it will help you to retarget your customers even when they are not on your store without getting their email address.
Hope this helps!
If you are looking to implement customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to install the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. You can check it out. I am sure you will find it useful.
I am also happy to assist you in setting up the above features in your store. Looking forward to your reply soon.
We are happy to help sellers to increase sales in this BFCM.
Hey @SallyDavies, I hope you are doing fine!
Congratulations on your store!
Your store looks absolutely fantastic no doubt there, the home page and layout colors everything is great. One thing that I found odd is that your product titles and their description don't live up to the store's amazing look, if the description is a little organized and descriptive it will surely help customers to understand better about the product. Lastly the product title a good product title should have all the essential information about the product take Amazon’s product titles for example.
When I was exploring your store I didn't find any worthy description for any product, and also no review section, customers usually find reviews and product descriptions helpful before purchasing any product and also it's an essential part for building the trust of the customers.
In addition, I checked your website's On-Page SEO score and it wasn't looking good. I'd strongly suggest you work on that along with the products which have useless meta description as meta description and SEO rating vastly impact your store visibility on google and other possible interaction places. Also, the meta description plays an important role in attracting the right kind of traffic ultimately resulting in better conversions and increased sales.
I’d really suggest you try Descrii, they provide titles, descriptions, and meta descriptions for your products that’ll help your website to climb high in search rankings and ultimately gain more traffic and conversion.
I hope this helps you achieve your goals.
Good luck with the store.
Have a nice day!