Feedback on my store, pleeeeease!!!!! Good traffic and NO SALES!!

Alex2310
3 0 0

Hi guys, 

I think this is a common issue for every beginner, my store is not converting the sales, I think am having a good amount of visitors daily, around 80 and not sales. 

Since I started (2 months) I hade nearly 3000 sessions and only 3 sales, an online conversion rate of 0.1% which is really bad. 

That is my store if someone can give me some feedback it will help me a lot at this time. 

www.anjajewellery.com

Replies 9 (9)
CutOutWiz
Navigator
426 29 146

Hello @Alex2310 

Hope you are well! I understand the frustrations of spending so much on creating traffic, but not having enough sales to make up for it. As you probably already have realized, sales takes a lot of time, effort and patience. However, it is not wise to be passively waiting for sales to just happen. Here are some pro tips on how you can improve sales: You have great faith in your online shop, but why aren’t visitors converting? 

Now to your website: 

The theme is really nice and soothing to the eyes. Very appropriate choice for your products, good job done there. However, there are some things your could consider changing: 

Headers: 

Your headers are too small to notice, consider making your header font a little larger. You may also consider changing the font colour, as black looks too simple. You may also consider making your headers sticky, so that they remain in place even after you scroll down. This will make navigation easier. 

Chatbot: 

You chatbot is an excellent idea to gather customer insights. However, if the chatbot keeps popping up frequently, it makes it difficult to browse the store and users may get annoyed. 

Text: 

There is a big block of text beside your images, which most users will most likely not read. Stick to using one or two lines of key words instead. You may consider putting another picture instead, so that customers get attracted. 

That's all from me! Thank you and Best of Luck!

If you found this helpful, leave a Like to let me know.
If this answers your question, please rate this as an accepted solution 🙂

M, from the Business Development Team of
Cutoutwiz
DangTruong23
Excursionist
10 2 5

Hi @Alex2310,

Honestly your store and product look a lot better than most beginners I've seen, and I've seen a lot, so kudos to you!

With that said, jewelry as a product category might be a tougher sell than others in my experience. So don't worry if you're not getting results right away.

Customers' expectation for jewelry sellers is usually higher, and they need more trust and convincing before making a purchase. And I think that is what you're lacking with the website right now.

1. Your contact information is tiny and put all the way at the top.

Customers tend to feel safer when they see clear contact information, so I would advise you to add the contact information (phone number, email, company name, and maybe address too) in the footer so customers can see it easily.

2. Try adding trust badges, at least badges for safe checkout on the product page (we have more information on what check badges are and why you need them here.)

DangTruong23_1-1608626630042.png

3. Your product descriptions are barebone. You're just giving spec information and don't invoke any emotions at all.

You should use the product descriptions to sell, not only to give information. Make customers imagine the quality of your products and how good it will be if they own one themselves.

Check out how Tiffany does it with their product descriptions here. It's short but sweet, informative but creative at the same time.

DangTruong23_0-1608626597891.png

Those 3 simple improvements should help you with your conversion rate.

Good luck, and let me know if you need more help!

Dang Truong | Ecommerce Expert @ EcomSolid - The Next Generation Shopify Theme

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- Need help setting up and optimizing your store? Learn the latest tactics at https://blog.ecomsolid.com/.
- Want a next-gen Shopify theme for free? Check out EcomSolid.
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4161 244 729

Hello @Alex2310, I hope you are doing well! here are few suggestions that you can work on:

- Engage your visitors coming to your site by giving loyalty reward points which will increase repeat purchase and customer lifetime value. You can add web push notification which will help you to retarget your customers anytime even when they are not in your store. This will help you to run your store smoothly and decrease the bounce rate and will capture your visitors and convert them into prospective or paying customers. You will be able to retain your customers for the long term.

You can start giving loyalty points to your customers on different activities like signing up, visiting a store, making a purchase, allowing for push notifications, sharing or following on social media. This will help you to entice your customers and retain them. You can reward your customers in order to redeem those points. When you will give points to them they will come again in the future to make a purchase in order to redeem those points. This encourages repeat purchases which increase sales and helps in retaining your customers.

Setup Product recommendations on product pages as well as cart page.

- Add timers to promote your offers on the store. AiTrillion has pre-designed templates of announcement bar, timer & sales motivator bars. 

- Add a favicon.

If you would like to implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to install the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. I am sure you will find it useful.

Hope this Helps!

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
Alex2310
3 0 0
Thanks a lot for you feedback, I will follow your advice.

How about the photos and products? Any recommendations?

Thank you so much
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4161 244 729

You're welcome @Alex2310, the product and images both looks great. 

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
1070 143 333

Hey @Alex2310,

Before I get into my feedback, I wanted to let you know that we are giving away prizes every week leading up to Christmas. Prizes include things like custom logos and favicons, custom store banners, one hour of store tweaks and for one lucky person, we are giving away a complete store re-design. To get your entry in, all you need to do is sign up for our email newsletter. Oh, and we are giving away FREE Christmas store banners and pop up graphics automatically to everyone who signs up.

Now, onto my feedback..

First off, congratulations on launching your store. I think you are doing a lot of things right - being active on social media and using TikTok to create videos to market your products is a great idea. I'd recommend using Shopify Sales channels to connect your store to your social accounts for easy purchasing.

My next recommendation is to remove some of the pop ups from your homepage, there are too many things vying for attention currently. Think of thing in terms of priority, is your number one priority for them to chat with you on messenger? Is it for them to sign up for your email newsletter? Is it for them to see your products? 

anja-home2.png

anja-home.png

My next recommendation is to tweak your logo a little bit, the tagline text is difficult to see.

I would also recommend making the background of that main product photo consistent across the board. You can use the photos of the model wearing the product or alternative backgrounds as additional product photos. I would recommend using a close up photo of the product as that main image, it stands out more.

anja-product.png

My last recommendation is to spend some time on your SEO. By default, Shopify will pull your product titles and descriptions and use that as your SEO (that is what is happening in your case). You don't want to leave your SEO to default, you want to be intentional about the words you use so that you are reaching your intended audience. We have a video walking you through how to do your SEO:

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

Alex2310
3 0 0
Thanks a lot for your advice!!
Tasha2
Excursionist
24 1 8

Hi 
I am a bit confused here....So I am looking at your website for jewellery, yet a pop up appears selling a baby's bib, crystals, a thousand dollar necklace.... it goes on. So seeing products that don't even match what you are selling would put me off and I would move on. On curiosity of course, I have to see if you are really selling these products, but I am directed to an entirely different website, that look second rate quiet frankly. Why would you direct a customer to another jewellery store?? I don't know if you are associated with anything here so you need to have a look at that ASAP as it looks tacky and cheap. And you spelt shinning wrong too. Sorry to be a downer by I live in Australia and I would not buy from a site like yours in Australia if that is how you operate. It just feels wrong.

RichardNguyen
Shopify Partner
1275 176 849

Hi @Alex2310

I'm Richard - CRO Expert at PageFly Landing Page Builder.

Congrats on your new store. I have just had a look at your store and want to give you some comments: 

• You should make a sticky header since it is a great way to help visitors to access your navigation and Search bar whenever they need. The search field should be positioned prominently on your page, so visitors will feel more assured when getting stuck or wanting to search more about a product; therefore, I would suggest you make a search box in this case. 

RichardNguyen_0-1608895409117.png

• It’s great when you use a slideshow for your hero banner since it helps you to provide more information about your featured products to customers. However, I notice that both call-to-action buttons on 2 slides lead to the same collection, you could consider to feature different collections on each slide, in which the first slide should feature the sale-off/promotion collection.
  • There is one picture missing in Testimonials- you could add a picture to make it look more professional. 

RichardNguyen_1-1608895409113.png

Above is my recommendation on your store. If you find it helpful, please hit LIKE and MARK AS SOLUTION

Good luck!

PageFly- Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen List of Best Platforms To Sell Online.

Check our guide The Most Common Ecommerce Merchants Problems And How To Avoid Them

Learn how to boost your sales for Father's Day with PageFly