Feedback on my store - traffic but no sales!

Solved
DaisyBoho
1 0 0

Hi, 

Please can you offer some advice on my store, as I am posting hard on 4 social media (all brand new) and google ads and Facebook and Instagram ads. I have been getting some traffic but no sales. 

www.daisyboho.com

thank you. 

Accepted Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
RichardNguyen
Shopify Partner
1270 176 850

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @DaisyBoho,

I'm Richard - CRO Expert at PageFly Landing Page Builder.

Congrats on your new store. I have just had a look at your store. It's quite good about the design, images, information. I have just some small things I'd suggest for your Homepage for a better chance of gaining sales. May it help!

You can also refer to this article to get more tips to personalize your e-commerce store. Or this guide to know how to optimize conversion rate for your store.

1. Your banner

You should make a sticky headerSticky header helps customers easily access menu navigation although they scroll down or up on your page. Customers can also quickly reach the Search field to find products with a sticky header.

Boho Accessories – Daisy Boho Boutique 2020-12-20 20-10-48.png

About the search field, I think it's hard to see now. I think you should move it next to other icons (sign up, cart).

One more thing, please check the Facebook icon. It leads to facebook.com, not your Facebook page.

2. Set hover state to the button on the banner

Boho Accessories – Daisy Boho Boutique 2020-12-20 20-14-36.png

This button is really critical and it is the primary button in your page. You should add the hover state to it so that customers can know it is clickable. And consider making this button bigger, more clearly and outstanding.

3. Add secondary images for your collection

When customers hover on collection image, they can see other images of products in this collection. So it make customer want to see the collection more.

4. Using buttons with same style will make your page look more professional.

Boho Accessories – Daisy Boho Boutique 2020-12-20 20-21-53.png

5. Open the new page

Set "open the new page" for "See more" button so that customer can still visit your homepage without going back

Boho Accessories – Daisy Boho Boutique 2020-12-20 20-23-57.png

6. Add testimonials/ reviews

People love proof, especially when they visit a store and see many good reviews, they will be willing to shop! So you should add testimonial/product reviews on your store.  know you have a page to show review and you linked it on menu navigation. But I think you should put it right on your home page to gain more customers' attention.

You can check this guide to know more its benefit and how to make it effective. 

I also see one of your product pages: https://www.daisyboho.com/collections/gifts-1/products/diamond-style-mobile-phone-case-with-fluff-ba...

One thing I see that, this product has 2 color variants but when I choose color, it only has pink option. So if I want to buy a blue one, I will not know how to buy.

You can consider using a Shopify app builder to do more customization to your page. This is the app I'm working on - PageFly. This app helps you easily customize your any Shopify page and make it more attractive.

If you find my comment useful, you can like or mark it as a solution. Have a great day!

PageFly- Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen List of Best Platforms To Sell Online.

Check our guide The Most Common Ecommerce Merchants Problems And How To Avoid Them

Learn how to boost your sales for Father's Day with PageFly

View solution in original post

Replies 4 (4)
Kloonk
Shopify Partner
6 0 3

Hi DaisyBoho,

Overall the design looks pretty good. You're not getting sales because most customers leave your store before even see what you're selling. And that's because of your website loading speed. If it will be a Top Slowest Websites, you'll definitely make it in 1st position - 6 on Mobile / 13 on Desktop (Ideally is over 85, but anything over 65 will do great. Check your speed here.

There are many ways to improve a Shopify Store Speed, and I'll share some that it will help: Remove Shopify apps that you don't use, and remember this: every app you install into a store is taking down the speed of the website - Less apps, better speed. After you perform this action, install an app to optimise the speed and performance of the store (cleaning unused code left by other apps, optimise images, etc) and then delete the app after performing those actions.

After that, try to implement those tips: (I'll go from top to bottom of the homepage website)

1. Logo: I recommend redesign your logo and keep it simple and professional: remove the text and keep just the icon heart with the circle. make it a bit smaller as just the header is taking about 40% of the screen on laptops and smaller devices. Aim for maximum 15%-20%
  2. Try the header layout with logo-left and menu-centered
  3. Optimise your main menu as follow: Shop, About us, Blog, Contact - you don't need "Home" as anyone knows that clicking on the logo they'll go home. On Impluse theme (that you use) can add extra menu on the top bar - left, so you can add there "track your order" and "reviews" 
  4. Your website is way too overwhelming. Don't list all your collections of the first page (coming down the speed too) and try to group them, ideally into 3 main categories:
    - Accessories (with sub-categories: Rings, Necklaces, earrings, sunglasses, watches)
    - Body Arts & Chains
    - Bags
    I personally would remove Home Decor and Notebooks for now as they are out of the context of your main business, and think o adding more categories later on when you keep growing. 
  5. Best Selling Bracelets: Reduce it to 1 line instead of 2. 6 products and choose all the products that have white background. It will look more professional. 
  6. Trendy necklaces apply the same rule as above. 
  7. remove everything else under this point until the footer. 

Keep it simple. First page always matter, especially technically speaking, speed and user experience. 
    After those implementations, your website speed will greatly be increased too. 

Less is more, Daisy. 

Hope it help and don't forget to give it a Thumbs up to my tips - it may help others too. 

Best,
    Daniel
RichardNguyen
Shopify Partner
1270 176 850

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @DaisyBoho,

I'm Richard - CRO Expert at PageFly Landing Page Builder.

Congrats on your new store. I have just had a look at your store. It's quite good about the design, images, information. I have just some small things I'd suggest for your Homepage for a better chance of gaining sales. May it help!

You can also refer to this article to get more tips to personalize your e-commerce store. Or this guide to know how to optimize conversion rate for your store.

1. Your banner

You should make a sticky headerSticky header helps customers easily access menu navigation although they scroll down or up on your page. Customers can also quickly reach the Search field to find products with a sticky header.

Boho Accessories – Daisy Boho Boutique 2020-12-20 20-10-48.png

About the search field, I think it's hard to see now. I think you should move it next to other icons (sign up, cart).

One more thing, please check the Facebook icon. It leads to facebook.com, not your Facebook page.

2. Set hover state to the button on the banner

Boho Accessories – Daisy Boho Boutique 2020-12-20 20-14-36.png

This button is really critical and it is the primary button in your page. You should add the hover state to it so that customers can know it is clickable. And consider making this button bigger, more clearly and outstanding.

3. Add secondary images for your collection

When customers hover on collection image, they can see other images of products in this collection. So it make customer want to see the collection more.

4. Using buttons with same style will make your page look more professional.

Boho Accessories – Daisy Boho Boutique 2020-12-20 20-21-53.png

5. Open the new page

Set "open the new page" for "See more" button so that customer can still visit your homepage without going back

Boho Accessories – Daisy Boho Boutique 2020-12-20 20-23-57.png

6. Add testimonials/ reviews

People love proof, especially when they visit a store and see many good reviews, they will be willing to shop! So you should add testimonial/product reviews on your store.  know you have a page to show review and you linked it on menu navigation. But I think you should put it right on your home page to gain more customers' attention.

You can check this guide to know more its benefit and how to make it effective. 

I also see one of your product pages: https://www.daisyboho.com/collections/gifts-1/products/diamond-style-mobile-phone-case-with-fluff-ba...

One thing I see that, this product has 2 color variants but when I choose color, it only has pink option. So if I want to buy a blue one, I will not know how to buy.

You can consider using a Shopify app builder to do more customization to your page. This is the app I'm working on - PageFly. This app helps you easily customize your any Shopify page and make it more attractive.

If you find my comment useful, you can like or mark it as a solution. Have a great day!

PageFly- Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen List of Best Platforms To Sell Online.

Check our guide The Most Common Ecommerce Merchants Problems And How To Avoid Them

Learn how to boost your sales for Father's Day with PageFly

AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4161 244 729

Hello @DaisyBoho, I hope you are doing good! your store looks nice and professional. Here are some suggestions that you can work on:

- Add a favicon.

- Add reviews on the product pages. For reviews, you can try the app AiTrillion

You can setup the recently viewed section in the store which will show the recently viewed products by customers in that section, personalizing their shopping experience. You can implement this with the help of the all in one app AiTrillion and enable the product recommendations.

Add web push notifications, it will help you to retarget your customers even when customers are not in your store without getting their email address. It also helps to reduce the abandoned cart rate.

Start giving loyalty points on activities like on signing up, allowing for push notifications, follow or share on social media, on birthdays, visiting a store, leaving a review. This will help you to entice your visitors and will also increase the number of push subscribers, reviews, newsletter subscribers. A loyalty program helps in increasing sales and increase the retention rate.

- Add exit-intent popup. Track when someone is about to leave your website and show the visitor exit-intent popup with attractive offers and coupon code to complete the purchase.

These tools will make your store engaging & interactive and will help you to drive more conversions to your store. 

If your store is engaging then it will help you to reduce Customer Churn Rate i.e percentage of customers who stop purchasing from your brand and will also increase your customer retention.

If you would like to implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to install the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. I am sure you will find it useful.

Hope this Helps! 

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
1070 143 333

Hey @DaisyBoho,

Before I get into my feedback, I wanted to let you know that we are giving away prizes every week leading up to Christmas. Prizes include things like custom logos and favicons, custom store banners, one hour of store tweaks and for one lucky person, we are giving away a complete store re-design. To get your entry in, all you need to do is sign up for our email newsletter. Oh, and we are giving away FREE Christmas store banners and pop up graphics automatically to everyone who signs up.

Now, onto my feedback..

I like the homepage banner, I think you've done a great job there.

I would recommend having your logo re-done. It's one of our giveaway items so make sure to enter. Alternatively, you could also get one done up inexpensively from Fiverr.

I'd also recommend making the background for the main photos of your products consistent across the board. Use the ones with different background as additional product photos instead.

boho-products.png

My last recommendation is to spend some time on your SEO. By default, Shopify will pull your product titles and descriptions and use that as your SEO (that is what is happening in your case). You don't want to leave your SEO to default, you want to be intentional about the words you use so that you are reaching your intended audience. We see it a lot, store owners get plenty of traffic but no sales and they are left discouraged and frustrated. Definitely don't want that for you so please do watch this video:

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook