FROM CACHE - en_header

Feedback On My Store

Solved
DestinyElyse91
Tourist
4 0 1

Hello everyone,

My name is Destiny Elyse I just opened my store and have been marketing well before opening by running ads on my instagram. My store’s traffic isn’t that great and Im not really making any sales and some days I get traffic but no one stays long. I know that a lot of people have the white backgrounds for product pictures however I wanted to do something different and make my product pictures more original but I do feel like that is my downfall(maybe the whole page is my downfall?). Can anyone please give me their honest opinion on my store and suggestions on what I can do to drive people to my website and convert into sales. Thank you in advance

Elysenaturalcosmeticco.com

Accepted Solutions (2)

Accepted Solutions
EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
1070 143 333

This is an accepted solution.

Hey Destiny Elyse (@DestinyElyse91),

Congratulations on launching your products and store! I've taken a look through and I have a few suggestions.

Upon landing it isn't immediately evident what it is you sell. I'd recommend re-sizing your image so that we can see the whole container. As is, it's hard to discern what it is I am looking at. You also sell hair accessories and lashes so I'd look at adding another banner image in that features those products as well. Another thing I'd recommend is adding some text to your banner, ie. "Handmade Skincare for Acne Prone Skin" or something along those lines, you want to make it immediately clear what your store contains.

elyse.png

On your collection page, I would re-size the images so that they are all the same width and height, it will make it look cleaner.

screencapture-elysenaturalcosmeticco-collections-2021-03-10-13_12_22.png

My next recommendation is to spend some time on your SEO. By default, Shopify will pull your product titles and descriptions and use that as your SEO (that is what is happening in your case). You don't want to leave your SEO to default, you want make sure you include the same words that a person trying to find your product would search in Google. 

screencapture-elysenaturalcosmeticco-collections-lip-care-2021-03-10-13_13_13.png

We created a video walking you through how to do your SEO: 

On that same note, you may consider tweaking the names of your product so that the customer has an immediate sense of what the scent/flavors are. Your "Mismatch Lip Scrub" for example, you might rename it "Watermelon Kiwi Lip Scrub".

I'd prioritize getting reviews on your product as you make sales, here is a plugin we recommend and how to install it:

Lastly, you mentioned you were doing ads on Instagram. I'm not sure if you meant your own or if you were working with an influencer but a good free way to advertise is doing content marketing - being present on social media and creating helpful content that people within your niche will love. I would highly recommend getting on TikTok. TikTok is a newer platform, you are going to grow so much faster on there than you would Instagram. On TikTok - you can link it to your IG account and automatically share your TikToks to IG as well (kill two birds with one stone). TikTok also has a Shopify app.

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

PS: If you are interested in talking to us 1-1 about your store, we offer training sessions. You can email us at ecomgeeksco@gmail.com for more information.

Best of luck!

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

View solution in original post

PageFly
Shopify Partner
2881 399 1750

Hi @DestinyElyse91 

This is PageFly - Landing Page Builder. 

Congrats on your new store. It's very pretty. I have just had a look at your store. I have just some small things I'd suggest for your Homepage for a better chance of gaining sales. May it help!

1. Make a sticky header

Sticky header helps customers easily access menu navigation although they scroll down or up on your page. Customers can also quickly reach the Search field to find products with a sticky header. You should display like this picture below:

PageFly_0-1615417239452.png

You should display the header on this place or you can find a way to stick it. If the logo is quite blurry, I suggest we can move it to the left side. In mobile this menu is okay, but on a laptop, it's hard to find your menu, it can help merchants to access your products, collection, business information.

It's better to make this header have different colors when you scroll. You can see an example on our website below.

PageFly_1-1615417239475.gif

Besides, you should link more tabs on the menu to show which products you are selling. Sometimes, people just focus on what they can see immediately in your store.

2. Improve your hero banner

The banner is very significant in hero material. It is the first thing customers see when they visit your website. Let's get consumers to know exactly what you're having in 5 seconds first. Your current images are pretty but I think we can improve them more, it doesn’t show the attractive products you have.

What should you do?

- Add a premium banner. It makes your site more professional and helps attract the attention of customers 

- Display the products on the banner. As soon as they see your sign, let your customers know what you're selling. You can use slideshow, the other text color to make it highlighted. Your image is okay but it can be better. The content should be improved as my picture in comment number 1. 

3. Improve your contents

There are some other contents you should consider to revise it, I will list below with my image:

PageFly_3-1615417239425.png

PageFly_4-1615417239471.png

PageFly_5-1615417239434.png

PageFly_6-1615417239438.png4. Add more content on your homepage

• Besides the hero banner, I suggest that you should add more information in your homepage. It can be your collections and product lists to make intuitively what you are selling. I think you should put 1 specific product detail, the best seller collections, the new arrivals collection, for example, before the section “How it works” and instead of “Pick What You'd Like to Try”.
  • Besides, you can add blogs or reviews of your customer as testimonials. Here is an example of testimonials and unique points that is displayed on our page templates, you can refer more.

PageFly_7-1615417239460.png

To build a better Homepage, you also can take a look at our blog here : Personalize Your Homepage (LINK)

If you find my comments helpful to you, like it or mark as a solution. Let me know if you have any questions. I recommend you take a look at our PageFly is a powerful page builder to help merchants to build pages. 

Besides building attractive and powerful pages,you should spend more time focusing on marketing strategies. 

Good luck and have a nice day! Cheers!

If you find it helpful, please let me know by giving it a like or marking it as a solution.

PageFly- Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check our Back-to-School Marketing Ideas of Best Platforms To Sell Online. 

View solution in original post

Replies 6 (6)
EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
1070 143 333

Hey Destiny Elyse (@DestinyElyse91),

Congratulations on launching your products and store! I've taken a look through and I have a few suggestions.

Upon landing it isn't immediately evident what it is you sell. I'd recommend re-sizing your image so that we can see the whole container. As is, it's hard to discern what it is I am looking at. You also sell hair accessories and lashes so I'd look at adding another banner image in that features those products as well. Another thing I'd recommend is adding some text to your banner, ie. "Handmade Skincare for Acne Prone Skin" or something along those lines, you want to make it immediately clear what your store contains.

elyse.png

On your collection page, I would re-size the images so that they are all the same width and height, it will make it look cleaner.

screencapture-elysenaturalcosmeticco-collections-2021-03-10-13_12_22.png

My next recommendation is to spend some time on your SEO. By default, Shopify will pull your product titles and descriptions and use that as your SEO (that is what is happening in your case). You don't want to leave your SEO to default, you want make sure you include the same words that a person trying to find your product would search in Google. 

screencapture-elysenaturalcosmeticco-collections-lip-care-2021-03-10-13_13_13.png

We created a video walking you through how to do your SEO: 

On that same note, you may consider tweaking the names of your product so that the customer has an immediate sense of what the scent/flavors are. Your "Mismatch Lip Scrub" for example, you might rename it "Watermelon Kiwi Lip Scrub".

I'd prioritize getting reviews on your product as you make sales, here is a plugin we recommend and how to install it:

Lastly, you mentioned you were doing ads on Instagram. I'm not sure if you meant your own or if you were working with an influencer but a good free way to advertise is doing content marketing - being present on social media and creating helpful content that people within your niche will love. I would highly recommend getting on TikTok. TikTok is a newer platform, you are going to grow so much faster on there than you would Instagram. On TikTok - you can link it to your IG account and automatically share your TikToks to IG as well (kill two birds with one stone). TikTok also has a Shopify app.

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

PS: If you are interested in talking to us 1-1 about your store, we offer training sessions. You can email us at ecomgeeksco@gmail.com for more information.

Best of luck!

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

PageFly
Shopify Partner
2881 399 1750

Hi @DestinyElyse91 

This is PageFly - Landing Page Builder. 

Congrats on your new store. It's very pretty. I have just had a look at your store. I have just some small things I'd suggest for your Homepage for a better chance of gaining sales. May it help!

1. Make a sticky header

Sticky header helps customers easily access menu navigation although they scroll down or up on your page. Customers can also quickly reach the Search field to find products with a sticky header. You should display like this picture below:

PageFly_0-1615417239452.png

You should display the header on this place or you can find a way to stick it. If the logo is quite blurry, I suggest we can move it to the left side. In mobile this menu is okay, but on a laptop, it's hard to find your menu, it can help merchants to access your products, collection, business information.

It's better to make this header have different colors when you scroll. You can see an example on our website below.

PageFly_1-1615417239475.gif

Besides, you should link more tabs on the menu to show which products you are selling. Sometimes, people just focus on what they can see immediately in your store.

2. Improve your hero banner

The banner is very significant in hero material. It is the first thing customers see when they visit your website. Let's get consumers to know exactly what you're having in 5 seconds first. Your current images are pretty but I think we can improve them more, it doesn’t show the attractive products you have.

What should you do?

- Add a premium banner. It makes your site more professional and helps attract the attention of customers 

- Display the products on the banner. As soon as they see your sign, let your customers know what you're selling. You can use slideshow, the other text color to make it highlighted. Your image is okay but it can be better. The content should be improved as my picture in comment number 1. 

3. Improve your contents

There are some other contents you should consider to revise it, I will list below with my image:

PageFly_3-1615417239425.png

PageFly_4-1615417239471.png

PageFly_5-1615417239434.png

PageFly_6-1615417239438.png4. Add more content on your homepage

• Besides the hero banner, I suggest that you should add more information in your homepage. It can be your collections and product lists to make intuitively what you are selling. I think you should put 1 specific product detail, the best seller collections, the new arrivals collection, for example, before the section “How it works” and instead of “Pick What You'd Like to Try”.
  • Besides, you can add blogs or reviews of your customer as testimonials. Here is an example of testimonials and unique points that is displayed on our page templates, you can refer more.

PageFly_7-1615417239460.png

To build a better Homepage, you also can take a look at our blog here : Personalize Your Homepage (LINK)

If you find my comments helpful to you, like it or mark as a solution. Let me know if you have any questions. I recommend you take a look at our PageFly is a powerful page builder to help merchants to build pages. 

Besides building attractive and powerful pages,you should spend more time focusing on marketing strategies. 

Good luck and have a nice day! Cheers!

If you find it helpful, please let me know by giving it a like or marking it as a solution.

PageFly- Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check our Back-to-School Marketing Ideas of Best Platforms To Sell Online. 

Lindenblueyes
Tourist
4 0 3

Hello,

I like your store and and think you have a great product range.  I found products hard to see and identify with going down the page with the pop ups.  

Check out some competitor stores and look at the script and layout for how they might attract you.  I have one problem I identify with my own store, my banner takes over the page and I think it needs to be more focused on capturing customers in that split second that you get.  The big banner I have seems to lose people from going into my page and I think that might affect yours also.  Interested to hear what others say, this is all a big learning curve for me too.

Good luck Destiny.

Regards, Lin

DestinyElyse91
Tourist
4 0 1

@Lindenblueyes 
I really appreciate you taking the time to review my store. I’m working on incorporating all suggestions. Thank you so much and I wish the best with your store as well!

DestinyElyse91
Tourist
4 0 1

@PageFly Thank you so much for taking the time to review my store I really appreciate your feedback and I will work on incorporating your suggestions.

DestinyElyse91
Tourist
4 0 1

@EcomGeeks Thank you so much for your feedback on my store I will work on incorporating your suggestions now.