Feedback on my store

Charmaine1
2 0 1

I am looking to get feedback on my store www.decadencebeautyboutique.com Trying to reinvent my business during Covid has forced me to concentrate on my online store. I am in California and my type of business is STILL shut down! Hoping to increase sales.

Thank you in advance!

Charmaine

LuckyDanny
Shopify Partner
311 62 188

Hi @Charmaine1!  

First of all, kudos on reinventing your business to accommodate COVID. There is no universal playbook on how to manage during these weird and tough times, but it’s so great to see merchants like you making the most of it. 

Before we begin, you need a favicon. It’s easy to add, and it’ll help build your brand even more. 

Let’s see what we can do to increase those sales!

Homepage: There are a few things I would do to clean it up. In general, heatmaps (to see where people click and how they scroll) will help you evaluate what’s working and what’s not. At first glance, I notice:

• Your hero image: I would focus on one rather than all four. 
  • Your welcome message is very, very long. Since you’re not driving people to your service but rather to make an online sale, I would move this information to the footer. 
  • Free shipping: Don’t bury this! Add in a banner to get that information in front of your visitors! 
  • Move your Instagram feed lower on the page. Click heatmaps will show you if people are actively engaged with it or if they are skipping it.
  • For your collections (Best Sellers, Sun Care, Bath & Body), I would switch up the images and move that higher on your page. Test it out under your header. 
  • Our Favorites: I LOVE THIS COLLECTION. You are the experts in skin care, and this is what people want to see. I would move this up so that it’s below your collections. Instead of highlighting so many products, I would feature six of them and link to the Our Favorites collection.
  • Newsletter form: I doubt many people are reaching this point on your page. Instead, replace it with a poll that launches once someone engages with your products. Offer value (i.e., a discount) and tell them why they should join (i.e., get skincare tips). Remember that most people aren’t sure they are ready to buy from you, not to mention get emails from you.
  • Gift with purchase: Repeat after me - I will stop burying my offers. Get this into a banner or featured on the Eminence products. Most people aren’t going to scroll to the bottom of your homepage, and they would miss this offer! 

Footer: The easiest thing to fix is your Instagram link. Make sure it opens in a new tab. Other issues I found:

• Contact us: Add in your phone number, linked email address and a message on how quickly they can expect to hear from you.  Remove the phone number field from the form though; it causes a high rate of abandonment. 
  • While I’m glad you have a contact form, don’t forget about live chat. That lets you answer questions while they are still on your website. 
  • Return policy: Link your email address
  • You also need to add pages for About Us (get your story out there) and Shipping Policies 

Navigation: If you do nothing else, you have to fix your menu bar. I wasn’t able to get it to work at all. Everything led to your homepage! Once you get it working, watch session recordings, which act like a DVR for your website. Watch how people move across your store and navigate to your products. 

Collection Page: I was able to get to your H is for Love collection from the homepage. Now, let’s talk about a few things:

• I like Laura’s testimonial, but I don’t think it needs to be as huge on the page. Test out removing it or minimizing it. The same goes for your Eminence Organics. - most of your visitors aren’t going to care about Eminence’s mission. It’s cool that they plant a tree for every product sold, but this may not be the best place to feature it. 
  • Back to the H is for L collection, remove your gift card option. It stands out in a bad way.
  • Add in some filters here. Since it looks like you group products by brand, I would add filters for use (i.e., hydrator, cleaning, etc.), cost, rating, material, etc. It’s going to help your visitors find their ideal products.

Consider providing FAQ and guides to help people find their ideal product. Just like you would do in the store, you need to help them find what’s missing from their daily face cleaning routine. 

If you used live chat, you could set up specific auto invite triggers that would invite visitors to chat so that you can help them find their products. You could set it up to invite them to chat if they spent more than a minute looking at your Eminence Organics collection. That would help you stop people before they leave.

Product Page: For reference, I’m on the Apricot Calendula Nourishing Cream. 

• Point out the free shipping! You need shipping information here, and free shipping could make the difference between someone buying or leaving.
  • Remember that deal you offered on the homepage? Get that feature on this page. I’m on the right product, but I would have no idea how to get that deal. 
  • You have a broken image link by “Award Winning Award Winning” (Also, note the duplicate text)
  • Rearrange your text here. I would run a poll asking your visitors what is most important to them when buying facial products - organic materials, not tested on animals, ingredients, etc. That’s going to help you prioritize your focus, especially in the text. 
  • Again, make it easier for people to find their products. How could you better detail what’s good for dry skin or sensitive skin that they can understand just by glancing at? 
  • Look at the rest of your page using the poll results. The “We believe in” and “We say no to” information may be a better fit on your About Us page rather than here. 
  • Don’t forget about reviews! You need to provide a space for reviews and invite your customers to leave a review in your post-purchase communication. 

You’re definitely on the right track, Charmaine! I can’t wait to see how visitor behavior helps you improve your store and drive more sales. Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings, polls, live chat and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at US $10/month

I hope this helps! Good luck, Charmaine!

Cheers - Danny

Proud to be a Shopify Plus Partner

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Hi Charmaine

Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase. We work with a couple UK and Canadian beauty and skincare brands.... so my feedback will be based on this experience.

Product Page  Feedback

1. Add links to your shipping and return/refund policy on each product page

2. Make sure each product has 3 - 5 images as that will help someone decide if they want to purchase. A lot of products I saw only had 1 or 2 images

3. Add a section for customer reviews when you get them. This helps build social proof and makes it easier for people to trust your brand. Ask past customers for reviews is a great way to get this started

4. Make sure all your product images are the same size and dimensions and the same style/brand as you add more to the site. This is going to help tie your site together

5. Add a section at the bottom of product pages to show your most viewed/bought items from the site. This can help increase your average order value

Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level.  Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know. You can also accept this post as a "Accepted Solutions" if you found it extra helpful! Good luck.

We help ecommerce & DTC brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
0 Likes
Growave
Shopify Partner
1109 35 380

Hi @Charmaine1 !

Welcome to Shopify and I wish you good luck!

1. Add a favicon

2. Hero banner - use high-resolution images only. Clear CTAs - help to show what to do next. Hero banner on your homepage is a key to make a connection with every visitor. You should clearly communicate what your website is about. Engaging images - you need them on your homepage to give visitors a sense of what your business is about. Images help you to tell a story and show visitors what they can gain from your product. For a product website think about how images can convey the value of your product and help your visitors to achieve their goals. 

3. Your homepage does not intrigue the visitor to stay more and browse for the products. Make it more interesting, 

4. Welcome to Decadence Organic Beauty Boutique! - this part needs to be changed. It does not look professional. Add more images, not just plain text.

5. The items in your store are more on an expensive side, therefore I recommend giving back to your customers by rewarding them with free shipping, discounts, and other goodies for spending a certain amount of money on your site. That way,  letting your customers know that you care about them. 

6. The items on your store are something that will most likely be purchased by one person several times. For better customer retention I recommend using Rewards program by Growave, that will give out various discounts depending on how much a person has spent on your store or how many actions he/she has completed (left a review, shared the site, created an account, etc.)

7. The items in your store are something that every person will need in their lives. Therefore, I recommend using a Referral program by Growave to give your customers an opportunity of sharing your products with friends and getting rewarded for that. 

8. Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer.

9. Imagine if you saw something that you quite like in the store, however you want to browse more, get more options, and then choose the best one. That often happens to me, because I am indecisive. That is when Wishlist comes in handy. Since you have a lot of products on your site, I recommend adding that feature to improve the user experience on your site. Besides, if the items on the wishlist have not been purchased, automated emails will be sent out as a reminder. 

10. 90% of people read reviews before purchasing an item. I personally do not read the description too much, I go straight on to the reviews section because that is social proof. In my opinion that is essential for every site. I highly recommend (almost insist) and adding that feature on your site. You can use Growave for that, it offers automated emails within the Reviews feature as well. 

11. If your website doesn’t have a blog already, make creating one a priority. But if you have a blog, it gives people a reason to keep coming back. Blogs also help improve your SEO because you’re constantly adding new content to your page. The strongest results came from the most frequent posts.

12. If your website is credible, you’ll be able to generate more site traffic.

One of the best ways to gain credibility is to leverage your relationships with influencers. You can approach this tactic in many different ways.

If you have the means, you can use celebrities to promote your brand.

That’s because these people are already known and trusted. Working with a celebrity shows your brand is legitimate. The problem is it’s obvious to consumers these celebrities are getting paid to pitch your products or services. As an alternative solution, you can use micro-influencers. One of the top reasons why I’m an advocate for using micro-influencers is because they have high engagement rates with their followers.

For adding the functions above you can several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at once just with a couple of clicks, try  Growave.

We have  6  great features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts, etc. 

There is a free plan available.

Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post. 

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Login + more

Increase conversions with ease here
0 Likes
IreneWijaya
Pathfinder
96 6 25

Hi @Charmaine1!

Congrats on you store! 

I'm sure with the advices given above you will be able you to create a top-notch website. 

One of the things that you can improve on is the "Gift with purchase" on the bottom of your homepage, I think it will be a good idea if you increase the size of the font for the title "Gift with purchase" and use the bold effect to more effectively catch people's attention. You should consider adding the sense of urgency. Many people don't buy from a store because they feel like they can buy it whenever they want by adding the sense of "fear of missing out" it can help turn your visitor to buyers. An app that helps with this is https://apps.shopify.com/better-countdown

Furthermore, another tip I would like to suggest is retargeting campaign. Once you manage to drive more traffic to your website you should use retargeting campaign to re-engage with potential customers. You can do this by downloading Ako Retargeting on your shopify app store: https://goo.gl/vrERY1. Ako retargeting is a cost efficient tool that could help you business increase awareness and conversion. The app helps you get your visitors and potential customers back to your site by delivery a variety of creative ads most relevant to them at the right time, right impression and right cost. You can learn more about Ako retargeting from here: https://medium.com/@akohubteam/what-is-ako-retargeting-c43bda83143b

All the best!

Irene

Gari
Shopify Partner
184 15 39

Hey @Charmaine1 

I hope you're safe and well in these difficult times. It's a great thing that you're innovating to keep the business running and are making the most of your resources. 

Here are a couple of suggestions to help you keep the store experience great and improve your sales.

1. Your homepage is a bit too long to scroll through. So it causes some fatigue for the shopper. What you can do is that you can have your collections and showcase just a few of the 'Recommended' products. The remaining can be show in the collections.
  2. It's a great idea to get some reviews/testimonials of users who have loved your brand. This will add a human touch to your store and bring some more credibility.
  3. On the product description pages, I see a lot of text - all of which is good information to have but shoppers tend to not read and instead just leave without knowing how gerat the product is. You can engage with them at this stage with more graphic labels, videos or illustrations wherever possible.
  4. It's a good idea to get a chat option in the store to help answer questions immediately and avoid drop offs. 
  5. You have a lot of offers in your store like Free Shipping, recommended products, free samples and free gifts too. You can highlight these more with the help of some labels/stickers. The Shopify app store is source of some really good apps that can add this kind of a focus to your store. I added one below which I thought might look good. What do you think? You can always look up more styles here.

00C4BAA0-01F7-4198-9463-52176BAC64CD_4_5005_c.jpeg

Do let me know if this is useful for you.
Hope to hear from you soon! Till then, good luck and do stay safe!
Gari
ModeMagic
Featured on Shopify Staff Picks
Want a free store consultation to boost your sales? Send me a message.
Grab your limited time offer on install today!
0 Likes
Charmaine1
2 0 1
Thank you so much for your feedback! I will start working on my site ASAP!
With Gratitude,
Charmaine
0 Likes