First of all, kudos on reinventing your business to accommodate COVID. There is no universal playbook on how to manage during these weird and tough times, but it’s so great to see merchants like you making the most of it.
Before we begin, you need a favicon. It’s easy to add, and it’ll help build your brand even more.
Let’s see what we can do to increase those sales!
Homepage: There are a few things I would do to clean it up. In general, heatmaps (to see where people click and how they scroll) will help you evaluate what’s working and what’s not. At first glance, I notice:
Footer: The easiest thing to fix is your Instagram link. Make sure it opens in a new tab. Other issues I found:
Navigation: If you do nothing else, you have to fix your menu bar. I wasn’t able to get it to work at all. Everything led to your homepage! Once you get it working, watch session recordings, which act like a DVR for your website. Watch how people move across your store and navigate to your products.
Collection Page: I was able to get to your H is for Love collection from the homepage. Now, let’s talk about a few things:
Consider providing FAQ and guides to help people find their ideal product. Just like you would do in the store, you need to help them find what’s missing from their daily face cleaning routine.
If you used live chat, you could set up specific auto invite triggers that would invite visitors to chat so that you can help them find their products. You could set it up to invite them to chat if they spent more than a minute looking at your Eminence Organics collection. That would help you stop people before they leave.
Product Page: For reference, I’m on the Apricot Calendula Nourishing Cream.
You’re definitely on the right track, Charmaine! I can’t wait to see how visitor behavior helps you improve your store and drive more sales. Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings, polls, live chat and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at US $10/month
I hope this helps! Good luck, Charmaine!
Cheers - Danny
Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase. We work with a couple UK and Canadian beauty and skincare brands.... so my feedback will be based on this experience.
Product Page Feedback
Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level. Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know. You can also accept this post as a "Accepted Solutions" if you found it extra helpful! Good luck.
Hi @Charmaine1 !
Welcome to Shopify and I wish you good luck!
1. Add a favicon
2. Hero banner - use high-resolution images only. Clear CTAs - help to show what to do next. Hero banner on your homepage is a key to make a connection with every visitor. You should clearly communicate what your website is about. Engaging images - you need them on your homepage to give visitors a sense of what your business is about. Images help you to tell a story and show visitors what they can gain from your product. For a product website think about how images can convey the value of your product and help your visitors to achieve their goals.
3. Your homepage does not intrigue the visitor to stay more and browse for the products. Make it more interesting,
4. Welcome to Decadence Organic Beauty Boutique! - this part needs to be changed. It does not look professional. Add more images, not just plain text.
5. The items in your store are more on an expensive side, therefore I recommend giving back to your customers by rewarding them with free shipping, discounts, and other goodies for spending a certain amount of money on your site. That way, letting your customers know that you care about them.
6. The items on your store are something that will most likely be purchased by one person several times. For better customer retention I recommend using Rewards program by Growave, that will give out various discounts depending on how much a person has spent on your store or how many actions he/she has completed (left a review, shared the site, created an account, etc.)
7. The items in your store are something that every person will need in their lives. Therefore, I recommend using a Referral program by Growave to give your customers an opportunity of sharing your products with friends and getting rewarded for that.
8. Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer.
9. Imagine if you saw something that you quite like in the store, however you want to browse more, get more options, and then choose the best one. That often happens to me, because I am indecisive. That is when Wishlist comes in handy. Since you have a lot of products on your site, I recommend adding that feature to improve the user experience on your site. Besides, if the items on the wishlist have not been purchased, automated emails will be sent out as a reminder.
10. 90% of people read reviews before purchasing an item. I personally do not read the description too much, I go straight on to the reviews section because that is social proof. In my opinion that is essential for every site. I highly recommend (almost insist) and adding that feature on your site. You can use Growave for that, it offers automated emails within the Reviews feature as well.
11. If your website doesn’t have a blog already, make creating one a priority. But if you have a blog, it gives people a reason to keep coming back. Blogs also help improve your SEO because you’re constantly adding new content to your page. The strongest results came from the most frequent posts.
12. If your website is credible, you’ll be able to generate more site traffic.
One of the best ways to gain credibility is to leverage your relationships with influencers. You can approach this tactic in many different ways.
If you have the means, you can use celebrities to promote your brand.
That’s because these people are already known and trusted. Working with a celebrity shows your brand is legitimate. The problem is it’s obvious to consumers these celebrities are getting paid to pitch your products or services. As an alternative solution, you can use micro-influencers. One of the top reasons why I’m an advocate for using micro-influencers is because they have high engagement rates with their followers.
For adding the functions above you can several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at once just with a couple of clicks, try Growave.
We have 6 great features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts, etc.
There is a free plan available.
Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post.
Congrats on you store!
I'm sure with the advices given above you will be able you to create a top-notch website.
One of the things that you can improve on is the "Gift with purchase" on the bottom of your homepage, I think it will be a good idea if you increase the size of the font for the title "Gift with purchase" and use the bold effect to more effectively catch people's attention. You should consider adding the sense of urgency. Many people don't buy from a store because they feel like they can buy it whenever they want by adding the sense of "fear of missing out" it can help turn your visitor to buyers. An app that helps with this is https://apps.shopify.com/better-countdown.
Furthermore, another tip I would like to suggest is retargeting campaign. Once you manage to drive more traffic to your website you should use retargeting campaign to re-engage with potential customers. You can do this by downloading Ako Retargeting on your shopify app store: https://goo.gl/vrERY1. Ako retargeting is a cost efficient tool that could help you business increase awareness and conversion. The app helps you get your visitors and potential customers back to your site by delivery a variety of creative ads most relevant to them at the right time, right impression and right cost. You can learn more about Ako retargeting from here: https://medium.com/@akohubteam/what-is-ako-retargeting-c43bda83143b.
All the best!
I hope you're safe and well in these difficult times. It's a great thing that you're innovating to keep the business running and are making the most of your resources.
Here are a couple of suggestions to help you keep the store experience great and improve your sales.