Hope you're doing well.
I am Vinod from Bombay India providing professional website design and development, Google And Bing Ads, Email Marketing and Conversion Rate Optimization Services to merchants across globe.
Below is my feedback
1. Great store. Great products. Try to get the logo little more professional.
2. Regarding Product delivery I have a question how are the products delivered? Are you dropshipping with UK vendors or you have your own inventory in stock?
3. Also are the products insured when getting delivered? Will the product be delivered at door step along with setting up the product at home ?
4. Is after sales warranty there ?
I would further love to grow your product sales via digital channels let me know you need my service. You can email me below.
I'm Richard - CRO Expert at PageFly Landing Page Builder.
Congrats on your new store. I have just had a look at your store. Your store is pretty. I have just some small things I'd suggest for your Homepage for a better chance of gaining sales. May it help!
1. Make a sticky header
Sticky header helps customers easily access menu navigation although they scroll down or up on your page. Customers can also quickly reach the Search field to find products with a sticky header.
Your header will disappear when we scroll down. It's better to make this header have different colors when you scroll. You can see an example on our website below.
2. You need a more suitable banner
The banner is very significant in-hero material. It is the first thing customers see when they visit your website. Let's get consumers to know exactly what you're having in 5 seconds first. That content is hard to see on your banner now. Using a slideshow is a good idea, but those images are quite blurry and not highlight your products.
What should you do?
- Add a premium banner. It makes your site more professional and helps attract the attention of customers.
- Display the products on the banner. As soon as they see your sign, let your customers know what you're selling.
I think you can use the slideshow at the end of the page to replace the current hero banner, to show your products here. Besides, in the hero banner, you should put a “Call to Action” button.
3. Align the content of your product lists
Product and collection lists are just shown below. You should align 3 columns to have the same height and CTA button in a line.
4. Add more content on your homepage
Besides the hero banner, I suggest that you should add more information in your homepage. It can be your collections and product lists to make intuitively what you are selling, for example, the best seller collections. Besides, you can add blogs or reviews of your customer as testimonials.
5. Classify principal and secondary Call-to-action (CTA) button on your Home page
One crucial thing for an online store's home page is a primary call to action. With this icon, you are going to redirect customers to the page where they mostly want to take action. This also helps your store to improve its conversion rate.
I found that you have a few CTA buttons now, we also can add more CTA buttons in the collection list, product list (“View more" or “More detail" buttons) and below your product list (You can add “Buy Now"/”Shop Now" buttons).
Besides, you should define which button is the principal one, which is the secondary one. They should have suitable styles (same color for same level of CTA). The principal buttons should be the most highlighted on your page.
To build a better Homepage, you also can take a look at our blog here: Personalize Your Homepage
If you find my comments helpful to you, like them or mark them as a solution. Let me know if you have any questions. I recommend you take a look at our PageFly is a powerful page builder to help merchants to build pages.
Besides building attractive and powerful pages, you should spend more time focusing on marketing strategies.
Good luck and have a nice day! Cheers!
PageFly- Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.
Check our Evergreen List of Best Platforms To Sell Online.
Learn how to boost your sales for Father's Day with PageFly
I have a few recommendations after taking a look at your store.
1. On your homepage banner, I would remove "Be Inspired" and replace it. One of the keys of selling is getting inside your customers head, what problem do they have that you can solve? What words or phrases do they use that you can as well to show that you understand their needs.
2. I would recommend you have a logo done up. You can get one done fairly inexpensively from Fiverr.com.
3. You are offering products that are dominated by big box stores as well as sites like Amazon and Wayfair. When you search any of these types of items, this is who is showing up in search results and who you are competing with for customers. People with well known, well established brands with massive marketing budgets.
A person can complete IF they give people a reason to purchase from them vs. the other guys. An example of this might be someone who makes these locally, their "reason" as to why you should purchase from them vs the other guy is because they are local and a lot of people are passionate about shopping local. I would think about what it is that makes your store unique and why people should purchase from you vs. the other guys and market yourself in that way.
4. From a customers standpoint, I took a look at your shipping and return policy and after reading it, I wouldn't feel comfortable purchasing from your store.
You write "Staffordshire uk furniture is not responsible for lost or stolen packages." the shipping companies themselves don't have the ability to refund purchases, it's on you so if you aren't willing to do that the customer won't have confidence to shop.
On your return policy you have "The customer is obliged to return any received item(s) within 14 days after the day of delivery to a return address provided by Staffordshire UK Furniture." Two weeks isn't a whole lot of time, especially considering shipping time alone could take weeks.
Overall, I'd recommend revisiting your policies. Try and find a balance that works for you but that also serves your customer and gives them confidence to shop.
5. My last recommendation is to spend some time on your SEO. By default, Shopify will pull your product titles and descriptions and use that as your SEO (that is what is happening in your case). You don't want to leave your SEO to default, you want to be intentional about the words you use so that you are reaching your intended audience. A common mistake in SEO is using the wrong words. You have to include words that a person trying to find your product would search in Google. We created a video walking you through how to do your SEO:
We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!
Best of luck!
Bit late to respond to this discussion but just wanted to add that I think the site looks great. I see that you had experience with VidaXL in the past (not great feedback), I'm just starting out with them but sticking to non furniture based products. Would be keen to know more about your experience with VidaXL if you would be open to discuss, not a problem if not, looks like your having great success based on your posts.
- Add a call to action button on the banner image of the homepage. Also, design a great brand logo. It will help you in branding.
- Setup product recommendations on the homepage.
- Add testimonials on the homepage. It helps in building trust with other visitors.
- Add reviews on the product page. Reviews are an essential tool for online business.
- Maximize customer engagement in your store. It will help you to engage the visitors coming to your store:
If you would like to implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store you can install the all-in-one Shopify app AiTrillion. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
Firstly thank you to everyone above for the feedback on my store, I think I am going to hire a professional to take it to the next level.
VidaXL short and simple they have a lot of products and good levels of stock. They can deliver in a reasonable time. That is where the good stops.
Customer service - awful
Product quality - awful
Last year 30%-40% of sales were returned due to poor quality from VidaXL. There response to me was they increased the prices on my login as I had too many returns. bare in mind this was because cushions were turning frayed and stitching not done properly. Items constantly broken or bent and just not meeting the customers expectation.
This year my return rate is around 3% its so minimal because the quality of the products is far better. I would rather sell less but good products than more and have hassles everytime you load up your laptop. Still there are challenges to face when running this business but you cannot create a business on crap products. Not one that is going to last longer than a year. With review sites and others it will just catch up with you.