Feedback on my store

Solved
ourancestories
Tourist
9 0 4

Hello, I'm looking for feedback on my new store please: www.our-ancestories.com

I sell children's books. Any ideas on ways to improve the store?

Accepted Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
PageFly
Shopify Partner
2475 339 1659

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @ourancestories 

This is PageFly - a Free Shopify Landing Page Builder. I would love to provide my recommendation for your store based on 4 years of providing solutions for over 80.000 active Shopify merchants.

Basically, your store has many good points:

• Have a favicon to make your store look professional and unique
  • Have a sticky menu with a search icon: helps customers to reach out to the menu and access the menu anytime they want.
  • Have a hero banner with clear CTA buttons
  • Have rating stars on each product and secondary image when hovering

However, I have some recommendations

1. Home page

1.1 Add a section to introduce your store

I notice that you have an About us page, so on the home page, I recommend you can show a section to introduce your store so customers can immediately know. This also builds more trust.

1.2 Add the CTA button to each product

Our Ancestories - Children’s Books on African History 2021-03-15 08-39-30.png

By adding CTA buttons, helps to encourage customers to take action

For the Our Product section, you also add CTA buttons for each product.

1.3 Increase the description text size

Our Ancestories - Children’s Books on African History 2021-03-15 08-42-04.png

It's hard to read the text because the text is too small, so I highly recommend you should increase its size.

For the description, you can divide it into bullet points so customers can catch the main info. 

1.4 Add a review gallery to show the customer testimonials

You already show the rating stars for each product, this is a good point. However, many customers want to see more than this. So you can add a testimonial section.

You can use Loox or Yotpo app to review widgets with photos gallery because both of them integrate with PageFly already. Or you can use a slideshow to show them, let's consult my Stella template

Stella – PageFly 2020-12-09 09-11-17.png

1.5 Display social media

As usual, social media is one of the effective ways to get more traffic and make a good connection with your customers. By displaying social media such as Instagram (or Facebook, Twitter) and constantly updating the feed.

1.6 Have direct links for the Return and Shipping policies

• Many customers want to know the return policies as well as shipping info before making purchases. And this is crucial to their decision on whether to purchase products in your store. And they are likely to find it on the footer so it's necessary to add this information. 
  • Shipping policy is essential because many customers want to know the shipping options available to them before they committed to adding a product to the cart page and go to the checkout page

2. Product page

I take an example for this one https://our-ancestories.com/collections/merchandise-tees-and-hoodies/products/the-dancing-idia-t-shi...

2.1 Add more images from different angles and on a human model

By adding more images from different angles, customers can see more details of the images and this helps them to take action

You can use the images with a human model

2.2 Use color swatches 

By using color swatches, customers don't have to see color in the dropdown, they can see how many colors the product have. 

What helps you to build your store more easily is a page builder. It would be a good choice for you to have attractive and powerful pages quickly and you will have lots more time focusing on marketing strategies, so you can consider checking PageFly. I also have a post of feedback on good factors of a high-converting store, you can check here

https://community.shopify.com/c/Feedback-On-My-Store/Store-Feedback-by-Shopify-Expert/td-p/1036094

Above are my recommendations for your store and it's really important to customize attractive and unique pages to increase conversion rate. 

If you feel my answer helpful, like it or give it a thumb up. Let me know if you have any questions. Cheers!

PageFly.

PageFly- Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen List of Best Platforms To Sell Online.

View solution in original post

Replies 4 (4)
PageFly
Shopify Partner
2475 339 1659

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @ourancestories 

This is PageFly - a Free Shopify Landing Page Builder. I would love to provide my recommendation for your store based on 4 years of providing solutions for over 80.000 active Shopify merchants.

Basically, your store has many good points:

• Have a favicon to make your store look professional and unique
  • Have a sticky menu with a search icon: helps customers to reach out to the menu and access the menu anytime they want.
  • Have a hero banner with clear CTA buttons
  • Have rating stars on each product and secondary image when hovering

However, I have some recommendations

1. Home page

1.1 Add a section to introduce your store

I notice that you have an About us page, so on the home page, I recommend you can show a section to introduce your store so customers can immediately know. This also builds more trust.

1.2 Add the CTA button to each product

Our Ancestories - Children’s Books on African History 2021-03-15 08-39-30.png

By adding CTA buttons, helps to encourage customers to take action

For the Our Product section, you also add CTA buttons for each product.

1.3 Increase the description text size

Our Ancestories - Children’s Books on African History 2021-03-15 08-42-04.png

It's hard to read the text because the text is too small, so I highly recommend you should increase its size.

For the description, you can divide it into bullet points so customers can catch the main info. 

1.4 Add a review gallery to show the customer testimonials

You already show the rating stars for each product, this is a good point. However, many customers want to see more than this. So you can add a testimonial section.

You can use Loox or Yotpo app to review widgets with photos gallery because both of them integrate with PageFly already. Or you can use a slideshow to show them, let's consult my Stella template

Stella – PageFly 2020-12-09 09-11-17.png

1.5 Display social media

As usual, social media is one of the effective ways to get more traffic and make a good connection with your customers. By displaying social media such as Instagram (or Facebook, Twitter) and constantly updating the feed.

1.6 Have direct links for the Return and Shipping policies

• Many customers want to know the return policies as well as shipping info before making purchases. And this is crucial to their decision on whether to purchase products in your store. And they are likely to find it on the footer so it's necessary to add this information. 
  • Shipping policy is essential because many customers want to know the shipping options available to them before they committed to adding a product to the cart page and go to the checkout page

2. Product page

I take an example for this one https://our-ancestories.com/collections/merchandise-tees-and-hoodies/products/the-dancing-idia-t-shi...

2.1 Add more images from different angles and on a human model

By adding more images from different angles, customers can see more details of the images and this helps them to take action

You can use the images with a human model

2.2 Use color swatches 

By using color swatches, customers don't have to see color in the dropdown, they can see how many colors the product have. 

What helps you to build your store more easily is a page builder. It would be a good choice for you to have attractive and powerful pages quickly and you will have lots more time focusing on marketing strategies, so you can consider checking PageFly. I also have a post of feedback on good factors of a high-converting store, you can check here

https://community.shopify.com/c/Feedback-On-My-Store/Store-Feedback-by-Shopify-Expert/td-p/1036094

Above are my recommendations for your store and it's really important to customize attractive and unique pages to increase conversion rate. 

If you feel my answer helpful, like it or give it a thumb up. Let me know if you have any questions. Cheers!

PageFly.

PageFly- Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen List of Best Platforms To Sell Online.

AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4161 244 729

Hello @ourancestories, I hope you are doing well! Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase:

- Display the collection list on the homepage.

- Add loyalty rewards program. Start giving loyalty points on activities like on signing up, allowing for push notifications, follow or share on social media, on birthdays, visiting a store, leaving a review. This will help you to entice your visitors and will also increase the number of push subscribers, reviews, newsletter subscribers. A loyalty program helps in increasing sales and increase the retention rate.

- Make sure to use email marketing automation to reach your customers. Use triggers and workflows to automatically send messages to consumers after they take a specific action. When they sign up, automatically welcome email and thank you email is sent. This helps you to retarget your customers according to their buying behavior and browsing behavior & helps you to automate your store and eliminate lots of manual work.

Add exit-intent popup. Track when someone is about to leave your website and show the visitor exit-intent popup with attractive offers and coupon code to complete the purchase.

Moreover, if you would like to implement the above customer engagement features/ marketing tools in your store I suggest you to install the 'All in one' Shopify app AiTrillion, a full-fledged marketing solution. It will help you to capture visitors coming to your store and will help in getting more conversions.

Hope this helps!

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
Tuecus
Shopify Partner
2589 78 376

Hello,

I just had look into your website, I observed few things on your website.

-> The gallery image sizes are not in equal check it, and some of items last gallery images are not shows whenever clicking the slick button. Check it.
-> Increase your niche.
-> Remove extra contact us text in footer section.
-> Show testimonials on home page. Testimonials take the spotlight away from the seller, and shine it on the customer. Adding client testimonials to your website can be an extremely effective way to establish trust and strengthen your company's reputation. They are extremely powerful tools when it comes to strengthening your branding.

I hope these are helpful for your website:)!

Thanks,
Appfreaker.

Apps Developer Team |
@Elist eBay Integration
@Tuecus-Customer Page
@Aliexpress Dropshipping & More
If the my answer is helpful to you? Click Like/Accept Solution to let me Know!!
ourancestories
Tourist
9 0 4

Wow. Thank you so much!