Had many visitors but not one online sale. What I’m I doing wrong 

Accepted Solutions (3)

Accepted Solutions
afterburnau
Tourist
11 2 5

This is an accepted solution.

Hey,

I just checked out your store and can spot a couple of things. Please do not take this as negative but I can tell straight away this is a drop shipping store from Ali Express. If you want your website to look more professional and branded I would recommend the below points. This is just from personal experience, my store was pretty empty when I first set it up but after adding the following the conversions went through the roof. You have done well to get the traffic so far and this would be beneficial for you.

• Your pictures of the products are not consistent. For example they are all different sizes. Some with professional models and others with just a normal picture. Resize all the images and try and get some consistency which would make you look more like a branded clothing store. 
  • You need to include an About Us page.
  • You should have a Contact Us page with your address (I have no idea where you are based in the world). You should also include a phone number if possible and a email address. If you are considering advertising on Google Shopping it is a requirement. This information should also be within your footer page. A pop-up contact is not enough and I wouldn't be happy buying from a store I cant email/ring in case of issues.
  • You need to add payment icons to your footer to show which payment methods customers can use to purchase from you.
  • You need a returns/exchange and refund policy. I do not know how to return an item and if I would be entitled to an exchange or refund.
  • You need a shipping policy, how long will handling take? how long will it take to get to me? how will you be shipping this which service?
  • You currency convertor is too much, you have listed 99% of countries. Im in Australia and I couldn't even find AUD. You need to add currencies to reflect the audiences and countries you want to sell to.
  • In your footer there is the following which you need to either change or remove as its from the store template and off putting:

"Talk about your business

Share store details, promotions, or brand content with your customers."

• You need a size chart with measurements for the items. I wouldn't know which size to select without contacting you first. Most peoples attention spans are small and they probably wouldn't go to the lengths of messaging you if the information is not available to them.
  • You should add some tabs with a nice description of items in the product pages, this would be beneficial for SEO purposes. Here also add a shipping tab and refunds/returns tab.
  • You have listed 'join the mailing list' twice in the footer and within an announcement bar remove one.
  • Maybe include a 'Shop all' and 'Whats New' in the header. When I initially went to your site I assumed you had only 4 items until selecting your 'catalog' option. 
  • Within your header you should have seperate categories for example 'Dresses', 'Jumpsuits', 'Tops' etc. You should replace the 'Catalog' tab with this.

Thats just what I can think of from the top of my head so far. I've added the point which would put me off buying. You just have to think of a clothing store you purchased online with recently and have a look at their content and get some inspiration from this. I hope this helps.

View solution in original post

AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4161 244 729

Hello @catura12,

I hope you are doing well! Have you implemented the suggestions and found the solution? Also, if you need a walkthrough of AiTrillion and need any help with setting up the features I will be happy to help! 

Looking forward to your reply!

Thanks

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.

AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4161 244 729

@catura12, thanks for the response. Sure, can you give us your email address where we can reach you? We can have a zoom call.

Thanks

Replies 19 (19)
afterburnau
Tourist
11 2 5

Please attach the store so we can review.

AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4161 244 729

Hello @catura12, please share your store URL.

Thanks

techmaa
32 0 0

Hello,

Please attach the store URL so we can review it.

catura12
Tourist
10 0 1
afterburnau
Tourist
11 2 5

Hey,

I just checked out your store and can spot a couple of things. Please do not take this as negative but I can tell straight away this is a drop shipping store from Ali Express. If you want your website to look more professional and branded I would recommend the below points. This is just from personal experience, my store was pretty empty when I first set it up but after adding the following the conversions went through the roof. You have done well to get the traffic so far and this would be beneficial for you.

• Your pictures of the products are not consistent. For example they are all different sizes. Some with professional models and others with just a normal picture. Resize all the images and try and get some consistency which would make you look more like a branded clothing store. 
  • You need to include an About Us page.
  • You should have a Contact Us page with your address (I have no idea where you are based in the world). You should also include a phone number if possible and a email address. If you are considering advertising on Google Shopping it is a requirement. This information should also be within your footer page. A pop-up contact is not enough and I wouldn't be happy buying from a store I cant email/ring in case of issues.
  • You need to add payment icons to your footer to show which payment methods customers can use to purchase from you.
  • You need a returns/exchange and refund policy. I do not know how to return an item and if I would be entitled to an exchange or refund.
  • You need a shipping policy, how long will handling take? how long will it take to get to me? how will you be shipping this which service?
  • You currency convertor is too much, you have listed 99% of countries. Im in Australia and I couldn't even find AUD. You need to add currencies to reflect the audiences and countries you want to sell to.
  • In your footer there is the following which you need to either change or remove as its from the store template and off putting:

"Talk about your business

Share store details, promotions, or brand content with your customers."

• You need a size chart with measurements for the items. I wouldn't know which size to select without contacting you first. Most peoples attention spans are small and they probably wouldn't go to the lengths of messaging you if the information is not available to them.
  • You should add some tabs with a nice description of items in the product pages, this would be beneficial for SEO purposes. Here also add a shipping tab and refunds/returns tab.
  • You have listed 'join the mailing list' twice in the footer and within an announcement bar remove one.
  • Maybe include a 'Shop all' and 'Whats New' in the header. When I initially went to your site I assumed you had only 4 items until selecting your 'catalog' option. 
  • Within your header you should have seperate categories for example 'Dresses', 'Jumpsuits', 'Tops' etc. You should replace the 'Catalog' tab with this.

Thats just what I can think of from the top of my head so far. I've added the point which would put me off buying. You just have to think of a clothing store you purchased online with recently and have a look at their content and get some inspiration from this. I hope this helps.

afterburnau
Tourist
11 2 5

Sorry also this is not good you should only have 1 as the apps are clashing and place weirdly.

Screen Shot 2021-03-23 at 3.50.22 pm.png

AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4161 244 729

Hello @catura12, I hope you are doing well! Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase:

- Make the professional header menu. Make your store easy to navigate.

The home page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. Slideshow Image (with a call to action button on it)- Collection List- Product Recommendations- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- Instagram Feed.

- Add a separate page of the shipping policy.

- Setup product recommendations on product pages as well as cart pages.

- Add reviews on the product page. 90% of people read reviews before making a purchase.

- You need to engage your visitors coming to your site by giving loyalty reward points which will increase repeat purchase and customer lifetime value. You can add web push notifications which will help you to retarget your customers anytime even when they are not in your store. This will help you to run your store smoothly and decrease the bounce rate and will capture your visitors and convert them into prospective or paying customers. You will be able to retain your customers for the long term.

Entice customers by giving them loyalty points on activities like sign up, leaving a review, allowing push notification, visiting a store, on birthdays, and more. This will help you to increase the email and push subscribers. You can then run email and push campaigns to reach your customers on the basis of customer behavior. This helps in increasing the conversion and retention rate.

Moreover, if you would like to implement the above customer engagement features/ marketing tools in your store I suggest you to install the 'All in one' Shopify app AiTrillion, a full-fledged marketing solution. It will help you to capture visitors coming to your store and will help in getting more conversions. 

Hope this helps!

bracknelson
Excursionist
46 0 6

Do not put your shoulder down it is too soon,  To examine your store we need to look out at your store thoroughly and we might help you or give you some idea about how to generate sales and get people attracted to your website. So please provide the link

catura12
Tourist
10 0 1
catura12
Tourist
10 0 1

www.da12collection.com 

Thanks! My shoulders are definitely way 😩 down 

catura12
Tourist
10 0 1

I'm not understanding what are you asking me to do with the professional header. I'm new to this whole process for the last year I've played around in shopify, paid for adds offered discounts and nothing. 

I have a sildeshow on page at the bottom. Are you telling me to move it up top?

Should I delete the page tabs and realign in this order, I'm confused

catura12
Tourist
10 0 1
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4161 244 729

Hello @catura12,

I hope you are doing well! Have you implemented the suggestions and found the solution? Also, if you need a walkthrough of AiTrillion and need any help with setting up the features I will be happy to help! 

Looking forward to your reply!

Thanks

catura12
Tourist
10 0 1

Yes, I would greatly appreciate the help. Please reach out via phone 312-636-7169.  Or if you have a zoom link. 

catura12
Tourist
10 0 1

Hello, 

Which apps are clashing?

AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4161 244 729

@catura12, thanks for the response. Sure, can you give us your email address where we can reach you? We can have a zoom call.

Thanks

catura12
Tourist
10 0 1

Hello, 

My email is da12collect@gmail.com. I’m available after 530pm CST daily. Whatever day works for you is ok with me.

catura12
Tourist
10 0 1

@AiTrillion @Are you still available to do the zoom? Never heard back.

AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4161 244 729

@catura12, sure, will love to connect. Sorry, for the delay. I have sent you an email just now.