Feedback On my store

Solved
upknots
Tourist
5 0 2

Hi all,

I just launched my store using shopify platform, www.upknots.com. Its an online thrift store for women clothing's. Please share your valuable feedback. I am also not getting enough sale and traffic and try to figuring out the reason by using during apps but didnt get any success. Please share , what i am doing wrong

Accepted Solutions (2)

Accepted Solutions
Ryder
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
450 56 88

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @upknots!

Ryder here, from the Social Care Team at Shopify. Welcome to the Community and thanks for posting. I took a look at your shop, and it's looking great so far! The site is visually appealing, and the user experience is simple and accessible. You mentioned that you're not getting much traffic - and I'm curious as to whether that may be the best opportunity to focus on at this moment since the issue isn't that you're receiving a ton of traffic with a lack of conversion.

The Shop

Before we dive into marketing - I would like to suggest a couple of things for your website. Firstly - on your About Us page, which is beautifully worded, you may want to capitalize the "f" in "Sustainable future" just to keep it consistent with the capitalization of the other paragraph headings. You can also look into writing some relevant blog posts! This will help boost your Search Engine Optimization (SEO) while simultaneously offering some value to your shoppers.

Instagram

I took a peek at your Instagram and noticed you've started posting already which is fantastic. Keep it up! You may want to consider what your brand color scheme is to keep your posts uniform. Over time, this will make your branding more memorable to users who see your posts. I also recommend checking out our Grow Your Business with Instagram course in Shopify Compass to learn how you can use this platform to scale your business.

Other Marketing

Aside from Instagram, what other marketing have you done? Have you already outlined who your specific target market is in your marketing plan? These steps are both crucial so if you haven't, building a buyer persona can go a long way. For example, knowing where your ideal customers spend most of their time online will allow you to strategize where to sell or market to reach them.

This guide will delve a little more into what sales channels you may want to consider for selling vintage clothing, and what methods of marketing are appropriate. One marketing option not mentioned there, however, is TikTok marketing. After outlining who your target market is, you'll have a better idea of whether this is even where your ideal customer spends their time but it definitely has been gaining popularity as of late and many businesses are utilizing this platform for advertising.

Content

The great thing about having a niche is that you can re-create that same content on another platform when creating content for one platform. For instance, you created an Instagram post with "Eco-Friendly Tips For Your Laundry Routine". You could also write up a blog post and create a quirky TikTok video for the same topic. Another idea is creating content as to the benefits of sustainability. You can check out the #sustainablefashion and other related hashtags on both Instagram and TikTok for some more content inspiration!

Analytics

I hope this helps you get an idea of where to put your energy towards the next little while. We recommend our merchants set an initial benchmark goal of receiving 1000 online store sessions in the last 30 days before taking a look at their conversion rates for a more accurate portrayal of how their business is doing. Generally speaking, we like to see businesses' conversion rates lie between 2-4%, though this will differ for each business. If after seeing 1000 online store sessions in the last 30 days you're still not making any conversions we can take another look at who you've been marketing towards and what the potential causes of them leaving your shop might be.

Please let me know if there's anything I can clarify!

Cheers.

Ryder A. | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

waytoapps
Shopify Partner
734 65 264

Hello @upknots 

Hope you are doing good. Your store looks nice and here are few suggestions.

Make Sticky Header for easy Navigation, It helps customers to access menu at anytime they want.

There are no reviews on the products. Add customer review app, so that customer can review on your products.

Add Testimonials or Reviews on the Homepage, which helps in building trust with other visitors.

Add Blog page,  blog posting will allow you to show your followers a personal side of your business. In this way you can engage with Existing and New customers.

You can also promote your products with word of mouth strategy. Boost your sales with the app from the shopify app store  which helps to increase your sales further. Improve your conversions by directly reaching those who close to your customers.

There is no terms and conditions checkbox at checkout. I suggest you to install an app from shopify app store which provides 'I agree to the Terms and Conditions' before checkout .As it makes easy for the customer to read your terms and policies.

Mention more contact details of your store to look trustworthy.

Thanks,
Waytoapps

View solution in original post

Replies 7 (7)
Ryder
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
450 56 88

Hey, @upknots!

Ryder here, from the Social Care Team at Shopify. Welcome to the Community and thanks for posting. I took a look at your shop, and it's looking great so far! The site is visually appealing, and the user experience is simple and accessible. You mentioned that you're not getting much traffic - and I'm curious as to whether that may be the best opportunity to focus on at this moment since the issue isn't that you're receiving a ton of traffic with a lack of conversion.

The Shop

Before we dive into marketing - I would like to suggest a couple of things for your website. Firstly - on your About Us page, which is beautifully worded, you may want to capitalize the "f" in "Sustainable future" just to keep it consistent with the capitalization of the other paragraph headings. You can also look into writing some relevant blog posts! This will help boost your Search Engine Optimization (SEO) while simultaneously offering some value to your shoppers.

Instagram

I took a peek at your Instagram and noticed you've started posting already which is fantastic. Keep it up! You may want to consider what your brand color scheme is to keep your posts uniform. Over time, this will make your branding more memorable to users who see your posts. I also recommend checking out our Grow Your Business with Instagram course in Shopify Compass to learn how you can use this platform to scale your business.

Other Marketing

Aside from Instagram, what other marketing have you done? Have you already outlined who your specific target market is in your marketing plan? These steps are both crucial so if you haven't, building a buyer persona can go a long way. For example, knowing where your ideal customers spend most of their time online will allow you to strategize where to sell or market to reach them.

This guide will delve a little more into what sales channels you may want to consider for selling vintage clothing, and what methods of marketing are appropriate. One marketing option not mentioned there, however, is TikTok marketing. After outlining who your target market is, you'll have a better idea of whether this is even where your ideal customer spends their time but it definitely has been gaining popularity as of late and many businesses are utilizing this platform for advertising.

Content

The great thing about having a niche is that you can re-create that same content on another platform when creating content for one platform. For instance, you created an Instagram post with "Eco-Friendly Tips For Your Laundry Routine". You could also write up a blog post and create a quirky TikTok video for the same topic. Another idea is creating content as to the benefits of sustainability. You can check out the #sustainablefashion and other related hashtags on both Instagram and TikTok for some more content inspiration!

Analytics

I hope this helps you get an idea of where to put your energy towards the next little while. We recommend our merchants set an initial benchmark goal of receiving 1000 online store sessions in the last 30 days before taking a look at their conversion rates for a more accurate portrayal of how their business is doing. Generally speaking, we like to see businesses' conversion rates lie between 2-4%, though this will differ for each business. If after seeing 1000 online store sessions in the last 30 days you're still not making any conversions we can take another look at who you've been marketing towards and what the potential causes of them leaving your shop might be.

Please let me know if there's anything I can clarify!

Cheers.

waytoapps
Shopify Partner
734 65 264

Hello @upknots 

Hope you are doing good. Your store looks nice and here are few suggestions.

Make Sticky Header for easy Navigation, It helps customers to access menu at anytime they want.

There are no reviews on the products. Add customer review app, so that customer can review on your products.

Add Testimonials or Reviews on the Homepage, which helps in building trust with other visitors.

Add Blog page,  blog posting will allow you to show your followers a personal side of your business. In this way you can engage with Existing and New customers.

You can also promote your products with word of mouth strategy. Boost your sales with the app from the shopify app store  which helps to increase your sales further. Improve your conversions by directly reaching those who close to your customers.

There is no terms and conditions checkbox at checkout. I suggest you to install an app from shopify app store which provides 'I agree to the Terms and Conditions' before checkout .As it makes easy for the customer to read your terms and policies.

Mention more contact details of your store to look trustworthy.

Thanks,
Waytoapps
upknots
Tourist
5 0 2

thanks a lot, its a great suggestion

upknots
Tourist
5 0 2

Thanks a lot, its a great suggestion's and i already implemented few of them.

upknots
Tourist
5 0 2

Hi Ryder,

Thanks for writing in detail. This is very helpful. I fixed all the things which were doable immediately. I also noticed, that in last 30 days, I have 990 online store sessions which you asked me to target in the first 30 days. So seems like the problem is very low conversion which is only 0.4%. Are there tips to improve that? Thank you so much in advance.

AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4161 244 729

Hey @upknotsThis is AiTrillion- an All-in-one Marketing Platform on Shopify. Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase:

- You should not use these images. Use better product images with models. Current images won't attract customers to make a purchase. Products must look attractive to customers.

AiTrillion_0-1623134924333.png

- Add categories in the header menu. 

Add an announcement bar to highlight important information that you don't want your customers to miss out on.

- Add loyalty rewards program. Start giving loyalty points on activities like on signing up, allowing for push notifications, follow or share on social media, on birthdays, visiting a store, leaving a review. This will help you to entice your visitors and will also increase the number of push subscribers, reviews, newsletter subscribers. A loyalty program helps in increasing sales and increasing the retention rate.

You can add a countdown timer with the title 'Offer Will End Soon' to create urgency for your promotions or offers with the countdown timer bar and motivate your customers to buy more from the store. It helps in increasing sales.

- Add a web push notification. It turns visitors into subscribers and subscribers into customers. You can retarget customers & send notifications of new updates and offers. It can be sent even when customers are not in your store and bring back the lost customer to your store. You can also send an abandoned cart push notification, it helps to reduce the abandoned cart rate.

If you would like to implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store, you can install the all-in-one Shopify app AiTrillion. Bring all your marketing efforts to one place and don't bear the hassle of managing multiple apps in your Shopify store.

P.S- If you need help with setting up the features, I will be happy to help.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
Ryder
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
450 56 88

Hey, @upknots!

I would recommend making your way through the suggestions in this Beginner's Guide to Conversion Rate Optimization to start off. Moving on from that, I'm curious what your Bounce rate might be. You can find this information by going into your Analytics > Reports > Sessions over time and setting the time period to the Last 30 days. In this report, you'll have the option to Edit columns to include the Bounce rate. You can also include other columns such as Referrer source, which can help you determine where your visitors are coming from. In regards to the Bounce rate, however, what yours is currently at? 

If you're seeing a Bounce rate higher than 70%, it's often attributed to poor campaigning. If this is the case for your business,  you may want to review your specific audience and build a buyer persona to ensure you're targeting the right people. What are the demographics and psychographics of your target market? 

Cheers.