Feedback on My Store

NellieThreadsCo
2 0 3

I would love to have feedback and any suggestions on the store I created. Also, need help on how to market for success. Thanks to all who reply. https://nelliethreads.com/

Replies 4 (4)
Marty
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
512 74 97

Hi @NellieThreadsCo.

Thank you for your message and for sharing your store link, I would be happy to provide you with some feedback.

I really enjoyed looking through your Nellie + Threads shop, it looks like you have some fantastic handmade products to offer. I think you have done a great job in creating a professional storefront that includes some great images, information about your brand and product as well as some customer reviews. I did notice a couple of small things that I would recommend looking into. 

First, your logo looks a bit small and blurry, you want to make sure you are uploading the highest quality content you can as this will play into your store's professionalism.

We have a handy document called Uploading Images that you can check out, it offers our uploading requirements for images to ensure optimal quality.

I really liked how on your FAQ page you mentioned that "Nellie is the name my children gave their little blankets when they were small." This is a great anecdote that can be used to help explain your brand story more. For example, I love how you have included an "About us" section, however, this would be another great area to expand on how you named your products and what that means to you and your business.  This provides further back-story into the creation of your brand and also helps built customer trust and then retention. It may be worthwhile to check out our About Us guide here, which talks about writing an effect about us for your business. 

I also noticed that you have a very limited menu system, which is just your "Homepage" and "Shop now" menu items. This is by no means a bad thing, however, I see that on your storefront you mention you will have more products soon, don't forget you have the ability to add more menu items for your products. This is a great way to separate different product types into specific collections and menus to help your customers find the product they are looking for easier. For example, once you get more products in stock, you could always create a menu system like this:

There is no rush for this idea as you do mention to your customers that more products will come in time, however, check out our Menu items guide here for more information if you are curious about this idea.

In regards to marketing and promoting your store, I notice you have your Facebook and Instagram pages connected to your footer. This is great to see, have you looked into running any specific advertisements through Facebook and Instagram? I also recommend checking out our documents for Marketing on Facebook, they offer essential tips on how to start advertising using our Facebook channel. Another great informational tool you can look into is our Marketing and Promotions guide, which walks you through great tips to increase traffic and convert sales. 

If you are more of a visual learner, I suggest checking out our free training tools on our Shopify Compass website. On this shop, you can find free training videos and tutorials for Shopify, like this great Intro to marketing course here

Perhaps the biggest aspect of getting traffic and sales on your store is search engine optimization or SEO for short. Search Engine Optimization is essentially making sure your shop is as easy as it can be to find on search engines such as Google. We have a very in-depth guide for Improving search engine optimization here, that you can check out to ensure you have taken the right steps with your shop to ensure your store is being seen.

I hope some of these ideas help you out moving forward, please feel free to reach back out here directly with any questions you may have, we are always happy to chat!

Marty | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

DataisSacred
Tourist
5 0 3

This was a very helpful feedback not only for the original requester but also for other folks in similar situation of setting up shop.

I truly appreciate your help!

Marty
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
512 74 97

Hi @DataisSacred.

Thank you for saying that, I am happy you found some merit in this feedback, for your store, I appreciate that!

Please feel free to reach out to us anytime, we love chatting with our merchants. 

Marty | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

NellieThreadsCo
2 0 3

Thank you so much!