Feedback on my store

kdcoogler
Excursionist
14 1 4

Please give me some feedback on my store. www.coogscoffee.com. I’ve redesigned perhaps too many times and trying to see what others think. I can feel like it’s finished and looks good then after looking at other more established coffee sites it leaves me thinking mine looks amateurish but I don’t have any specifics on why I feel that way. Even if trying to follow the basic layout of another site mine just ends up seeming like it’s lacking to me. Shopify tells me it’s in the top 8% of store traffic when compared to stores that opened the same week but that hasn’t translated in to sales. I don’t even have an abandoned cart rate as it seems people leave shortly after reaching my site. 

Replies 4 (4)
Nick_Marketing
Shopify Partner
1363 314 397

Hi @kdcoogler 

For the start, you've got a very pleasant-looking website! Here are my few suggestions

1. Main banners (pumpkin and cinnamon buns) need more association with Coffee. At first glance, I did not initially interpret that you sell flavoured-coffee. Make it apparent at first glance.
2. Add social media links at the footer. So far the only mode of communication is the contact page.

Nick | Ecommerce & Marketing Technology Consultant | Toronto, CANADA
- For consulting work availability, please send me a Private Message or submit a ✍️Contact Form.
- For FREE Shopify Tutorials, Subscribe to my YouTube channel (▶️ Ecommerce TV).
Marty
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
512 74 97

Hey @kdcoogler.

Thank you for your message, I would be happy to provide you with some feedback on your store. 

I really enjoyed checking out your shop, it looks like you have some fantastic coffee blends for sale here that had me itching for a warm cup myself. The design of the shop itself looks good, I would have liked to have learned more about your brand and companies story, perhaps in a dedicated "About Us" section. You provide some great, quick information on how you roast and ethically source your beans, but think about how passionate coffee drinkers are about what their consuming, how can you separate yourself from other coffee companies that may have similar products. A well-told brand story and detailed information about your product is always a great place to start for building customer trust and retention. I recommend creating a page in Shopify admin with a more detailed story about your brand and then create an "About Us" page that you can think of the link to both your footer and main menu area of your store.

If you need some guidance on doing this, check out our guide for creating pages here, and also our guide on writing an effective "About US" page here

I also noticed you do not currently have an Instagram or Facebook page for your shop yet, is this something you intend on adding to your store? Facebook and Instagram can be immensely positive platforms for growing your brand, building traffic and even making sales directly through. Before you can start selling on Facebook or create Facebook ad campaigns in Shopify, you need to set up Shopify's Facebook channel. Once you have successfully set up our Facebook channel within your admin, you are able to cross-sell your products on both Instagram and Facebook as well as create specific marketing campaigns within both platforms. I would suggest checking out our Facebook channel guide for more information if you are curious about getting this setup. 

Have you thought about adding an announcement bar to your homepage, which would show up above your header/main menu area?

You can add an announcement banner on your website to inform customers about important information about your business, such as:

• any shipping delays or regions not accepting international shipments
  • any updated or new policy pages
  • any promotions being offered at this time, such as new gift cards

Some themes have a banner feature built-in, while others require you to download an app to get a banner, you can check if your theme has an announcement bar built-in by heading to Online store>Themes>Customize>Theme Settings. In the Header section, search for "Announcement bar" or "Banner settings". For example in my test-stores Shopify theme, you can see my Announcement banner options under Header and the option to show my announcements on my homepage only, or all pages across the shop. 

We have a guide for Adding an announcement bar which provides a full breakdown here if you wanted to take a look.

You mentioned getting some traffic coming into your shop, this is great! can you elaborate further on what you are currently doing to market the shop? There are many factors that come into play when you notice traffic coming in but sales don't seem to be converting. Some factors to consider are:

1. Is your main navigation easy to use?
  2. Does your visual brand look professional?
  3. Does your website copy speak to your target audience?
  4. Are shoppers adding products to their cart?
  5. Are shoppers abandoning their carts?
  6. Are price or payment options stopping them from checking out?

These quick links are from a fantastic article that I love to share with our merchants called "Traffic but not sales," you can check it out here. This article provides some really detailed information on why you may be seeing traffic growth but not seeing that growth converting into sales, it's worth a read. 

Overall the shop does look good, I would not consider it an "amateur" looking shop as you suggested. You have great and detailed product photos and some awesome information about your brand. I would focus on determining why your traffic may not be converting and providing more information on the story of your brand and business to build up your customer "community."

I hope some of these ideas help you out moving forward, please do not hesitate to reach back out here with any questions you may have. If only it was over a cup of your Cinnabon coffee, but alas, let us know we are always happy to chat!

Marty | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
1070 143 333

Hey @kdcoogler,

When you get high traffic and no sales it either means you are getting the wrong kind of traffic (not your target audience) or there is something within your store that is turning people away (product prices, shipping time, shipping cost, a site error etc.).  I've taken a look through your store, hopefully my feedback will provide some insight as to what is going on.

coogs-01.png

SITE IDENTITY
I would recommend using your logo as an anchor point for the design of your store. Match the fonts in your store to your logo, not every piece of text, not the body text but things like headings or page titles would be good. Normally you would pull colors from your logo to use for things like buttons, link colors and your navigation bar. Since yours is black I would suggest hiring someone to provide you with a colored version of your logo or perhaps help you develop a color palette. This is going to level up your store even more and make you look very professional. 

SOCIAL MEDIA
I noticed you don’t have any social media links listed. Having an active social media presence adds trust to your brand. If there’s nothing about your brand online, it’s a red flag to your visitors. Potential customers are going to research before purchasing and one of the first places they are going to check is social media. Highly recommend getting on social media and adding those links to your Shopify store.

FAVICON
I’d recommend adding a favicon so that your visitors can find you quickly when they have multiple tabs open in their browser. We did a video on how to upload a favicon that you can watch here: