FROM CACHE - en_header

Feedback on my store

Jmkshair
2 0 4

Hi there,

Can I get some honest feedback on my store design that could hopefully help to increase my sales? 

My store: www.jmkshair.com

Replies 4 (4)
DanBim
Shopify Partner
486 53 116

Hi @Jmkshair, hope you are doing well. After taking a look at your store, here are some of my feedback. 

• Recommend the same image size for your product to make your site looks more professional Screen Shot 2021-12-10 at 09.48.57.png
  • On the product page, you have 2 review sections, please remove one. 
  • When view you site in mobile view, it has a blank space on the right. 
  •  Screen Shot 2021-12-10 at 09.49.38.png

Is it helpful? Like and Accept solution to let me know 🙂
Ryviu - Aliexpress Reviews app - is a product review software with the ability to import reviews from Aliexpress, Amazon, Etsy, and Dhgate in order to drive traffic, boost SEO, and increase sales. Over 40.000 stores use it.

Jmkshair
2 0 4

Thank you so much for your honest review, i sincerely appreciate, will work on that asap...

RichardNguyen
Shopify Partner
1379 194 874

Hi,

I’m Richard Nguyen - CRO Expert at PageFly- Free Landing Page Builder. With over 5 years’ experience in providing solutions for over 100.000 stores to help merchants increase their conversion rates, I’d like to provide you with some feedback with the hope they would be helpful to you

In General

1. Your hero banner have low resolution

I believe that you can see that by yourself and this can be a very bad customer's experience when they first come to your store. Please carefully redesign the banner with dimension and resolution which are best fitted with your placeholder. This is very important because 8 out of 10 visitor will read your headline, 2 out of 10 check the rest. So it is very important to hook them up right at the first section.

Or you can give a try with PageFly, where you can use any kind of dimension of design and still retain the quality

Screenshot at Dec 10 11-14-50.png

2. Include FREE SHIPPING and put it into your announcement bar

You might don't believe this but customers see FREE SHIPPING even more attractive than discounts. So you can try to set up the price which has included Free Shipping policy and announce it.

Screenshot at Dec 10 11-17-32.png

Homepage

1. Make the menu sticky

• A sticky menu header helps customers to reach out to the menu and access the menu anytime they want. 
  • A sticky navigation bar will help customers navigate themselves from every part of the homepage to any page of your store more conveniently. 

Screenshot at Dec 10 11-18-37.png

2. Add section about your brand story

A brand story helps customers understand more about your business and also helps your store look more professional.

3. Have a newsletter/ signup form right on the canva

• Having a newsletter on your site, customers can subscribe to their emails to receive product information, any sales campaign, etc from your store. But when you put it in the footer, customers most likely to ignore it. You can add a section which include a form and add some copy, image to convince them signing up to your newsletter. Remember to persuade them that your newsletter has values.
  • PageFly integrates with Klaviyo, Omnisend, and MailChimp, they are great apps to customize forms for your page. And you can easily drag your form into your page without relying on the theme

Collection page

I take the VIRGIN & PREMIUM DURABLE WIGS as example.

1. Using the Load more button instead of pagination

• By using the Load more button, customers can compare products loading on one page. This helps to create a constant buying experience for customers
  • Instead of switching to many pages, go and back, you can replace the pagination with a Load more button.

Screenshot at Dec 10 11-25-30.png

2. Set the image placeholders with the same size.

It will provide better UX and increase the retention rate of your collection page.

Screenshot at Dec 10 11-27-38.png

Product page

I take the JMKSHAIR VIRGIN HAIR WIG - SOPHIE BONE STRAIGHT as example.

1. Use swatches as the selector for Color variations

Instead of a drop-down color selector, you can consider using color swatches to provide visibility- this will help users to assess the available colors of products easier.

Screenshot at Dec 10 11-29-51.png

And that's my feedback. You can consider checking PageFly - Free Page Builder with 24/7 support live chat to create a more impressive look for your store to really increase conversion, also please take a look at this guide on how to personalize a Shopify store from PageFly, hope it helps!

If you think my answer was useful, please like and mark it as a solution. Thank you and best of luck!

Richard - PageFly

PageFly- Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen List of Best Platforms To Sell Online.

Or our new series to Build The Perfect Mobile-Friendly Store.

PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
4219 304 902

Hi @Jmkshair overall you have a strong landing page hitting most the marks with the sections you've chosen so far.

💣 Remove social links out of the announcement bar if your goal is sale conversions.

Otherwise what your doing is encouraging visitors to immediately leave your site for a social media platform where your giving control to an algorithm. Customers then can just plain get distracted, or immediately get served an ad from a competitor by an algorithm and never come back. Only do this if your goal is social-media growth , or your prepared to do the testing watching bounce rates around this 1 difference.

Homepage

There is way too much stuff on the homepage.

20+ visuals wanting attention, see embedded screenshot of cues areas, and eye flow.

3 static widgets on the sides, 1 flying distraction from the top(recent purchases), a modal nag a few seconds after load, then a slideshow jumping between images then all the normal design elements in between.

Even when you have a great hotpink color for the CtA it's a visual assault, distracting from the core action of the page "shop now"|"buy now"  there is just sooo much visual weight on the page.

Get rid of 90% of noise until you can do ab testing with healthy traffic or monitoring of bounce rates/conversions, add apps 1 by 1 while testing so there is a factual & measured value to that apps existence on your storefront.

Homepage Slider vs Hero Image

Ditch the slideshow focus on 1  marketing campaign hero image at a time.

Otherwise your splitting your time/focus on managing and coming up with 2 things one of which 80% of the time customers will  outright ignore(see banner blindness).

If showing a collection do as your doing now with "shop now" linked to a /collection. Or link to a section immediately under the hero image on the homepage itself and skip the page load. If showing a product link directly to that product.

If a merchandising image itself has "shop now" text within it the entire image should probably be a clickable link. Questionable whether to leave/remove such text from images, could be clever could be confusing /shrug.

PaulNewton_1-1639609939870.png

Collection page

For the collection page try to shorten that collection image so products are above the fold as much as possible.

For the collection lashes products, I cannot tell if the lashes are actually different between different products photos even they're on a plain background. That's probably okay?... I'm no beauty and not the target market so that should fine as long as your customers themselves have that eye to be able to tell products apart from those photos.  But you may want to up the visual emphasis of each products unique characteristics to differentiate the products when viewed amongst themselves, especially if you want to move some inventory more than others; unless of course only the names of the products are what matter 😉 then just ignore this whole paragraph . 

visual distractions above the fold for jmkshair.comvisual distractions above the fold for jmkshair.com

Finally Combinable Discounts - EARLY ACCESS ONLY - Use Free Shipping With Other Discounts

Answers powered by coffee Buy Paul a Coffee for more answers or donate to eff.org
Problem Solved? ✔Accept and Like solutions to help future merchants
Confused? Busy? Buy a custom solution paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com