I have recently set up my store, www.neonomad.co.uk. The store specialises in the sale of travel related products selling solely to the UK. Granted this is not the greatest time for the travel industry, but I still feel it has legs.
The site has been live for about 2 weeks, and I have done some Facebook ads with minimal spend. I am getting a very small amount of traffic to the site, approx 20 visits per day. However, I am yet to make my first sale, so any feedback on my site would be most appreciated.
I am slightly concerned about one thing. From my analytics, I can see a number of people have made it to checkout, but have not actually followed through with the purchase. I appreciate this could be the norm, but I am wondering whether there is anything on the checkout page that is dissuading customers from following through.
Have seen your site and it looks colorful and energetic. I love it.
Here are some of my suggestions for you:
- In the second section, I think you need to move the texts to the right and the photo to the left.
- On your product pages, you need to add some:
+ Brand or Vendor of the products
+ Guarantee policy
+ Sticky add to cart bar
+ Upsell and Cross-sell methods
- Have seen your Instagram account, and it still seems to be new. I suggest you build your Instagram account as soon as possible, and also, your Facebook account.
After that, you can have an Instagram gallery to show your Instagram content and your product photos.
Check this app Shoppable Instagram Gallery. It will help you create one with ease.
- Consider having live chat support to improve your customer service. WhatsApp can be a good channel to chat with your customers.
App WhatsApp Chat & Abandoned Cart will help you do that.
- And what are you doing to advertise your brand? Google Ads or Facebook Ads?
Hope you can provide more information.
Hope this helps!
Congrats on your new store. Your store provide a friendly vibe that suits with the products you are selling so I want to give my compliment on that. However there are some points I'd like to make so you can better your store and gain sales!
1. The image and text are overlapping
It can be seen here that your text color is difficult to see due to the big image under it. Text-overlaid images that are difficult to read lowers information scent and causes users to hesitate when deciding which path to take to continue their product browsing. Please consider this cause customers may scroll through your CTA buttons without knowing that they are there
I also suggest you use "real picture" rather than use digital/vector picture since it creates a sense of "human" for your website which makes your customer to engage more.
2. Make your Header sticky so that customers can jump from pages to pages easier.
3. Store Speed Optimization
I use this tool to check your store speed. You can check your result here: https://analyze.speedboostr.com/result/fso6x51r2f. You should compress your image so the store will load faster
I also check your Check Out process and it requires about 3-5 seconds to proceed through each step. Its not a bad number but can be optimized better with the comments on the web I sent you above
4. Include variant swatching + star ratings
You can include the variant here so customers can understand that they have more options to choose. I know your store has just launched but if you can you can consider include star rating there also when you have feedbacks from customers. It adds the credibility effect
Hope that my recommendations would be useful for you and you can apply that. Furthermore, you can check this article to optimize your store speed. Please like if you find my comment helpful for you.
PageFly- Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.
Check our Evergreen List of Best Platforms To Sell Online.
Learn how to boost your sales for Father's Day with PageFly
Congratulations for your store!
I’ve gone through your store and found that there are quite a few things missing on your store which if added can really make a lot of difference to the user experience, conversion rate and your overall sales. Here is a page-by-page/sectional review of your site:
Hi @Neonomad !
I have also found that there are only a few products in your store, try adding more products so that your customers will have a lot of options to select from.
90% of people read reviews before purchasing an item. I personally do not read the description too much, I go straight on to the reviews section because that is social proof. In my opinion that is essential for every site. I highly recommend (almost insist) and adding that feature on your site. You can use Growave for that, it offers automated emails within the Reviews feature as well.
The items in your store are something that every person will need in their lives. Therefore, I recommend using a Referral program by Growave to give your customers an opportunity of sharing your products with friends and getting rewarded for that.
Hello @Neonomad, Overall your store looks great. Here are some suggestions:-
- I think there is some issue with the Gpay payment option. Check it once.
- After the hero banner, display collections like accessories, backpacks, electronics, Bottles & Mugs. After that display trending products, new arrivals, bestsellers. Add a Favicon.
- You can add categories that you have in the header menu too.
- I would recommend you to add some engaging video on the homepage to make the store look more interesting. Any travel-related video displaying your products.
- Display testimonials on the homepage.
- Increase the visibility of your search box- Make sure your search bar is easy for your customers to find. Don’t hide a small magnifying glass for them to click on if they really want to search.
- You can start giving loyalty points to your customers on different activities like signing up, visiting a store, making a purchase, allowing for push notifications. This will help you to entice your customers and retain them. You can reward your customers in order to redeem those points. When you will give points to them they will come again in the future to make a purchase in order to redeem those points. This encourages repeat purchases which increase sales and helps in retaining your customers.
- Add pop up banners- I would personally recommend you to go for a 45-sec-pop-up at the entry. Conversion rates for pop-ups are high and the most surprising discovery is that the pop-up doesn't increase bounce rate at all. This is ample time for your audience to get hooked by your content, whilst also being quick enough to catch skimmers before they leave.
Hope this helps!
If you are looking to implement these customer engagement tools in your store. I would recommend you to install the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. You can check it out. I am sure you will find it useful.
Thank you very much for you feedback, I appreciate it.
I have implemented a few of your recommendations.
Can you elaborate a little more on the guarantee policy, i do have a refund policy page, that offers 14 day returns for any reason. Is this not the same thing?
Hi @Neonomad ,
Very nice looking store, I think you did a good job building it.
It might be that you're not advertising enough or not doing that correctly. I think generating relevant traffic is the number ONE problem with every new Ecommerce store. It's quite a complex mission to create good advertising campaigns on Google and Facebook if you're not familiar enough with the options available or the relevant audience for your store.
You might want to try AdScale to help you with your advertising campaigns. It's a Shopify app that automatically creates and manages advertising campaigns for your store, using advanced AI technology. Our customers' average ROAS is 1,000%! (success stories)
You can learn more about how it works in this video:
Hey @Neonomad, I hope you are doing fine!
Congratulations on your store!
Your store looks absolutely fantastic no doubt there, the home page and layout colors everything is great. One thing that I found odd is that your product titles and their description don't live up to the store's amazing look, if the description is a little organized and descriptive it will surely help customers to understand better about the product. Lastly the product title a good product title should have all the essential information about the product take Amazon’s product titles for example.
In addition, I checked your website's On-Page SEO score and it wasn't looking good. I'd strongly suggest you work on that along with the products which have useless meta description as meta description and SEO rating vastly impact your store visibility on google and other possible interaction places. Also, the meta description plays an important role in attracting the right kind of traffic ultimately resulting in better conversions and increased sales.
I’d really suggest you try Descrii, they provide titles, descriptions, and meta descriptions for your products that’ll help your website to climb high in search rankings and ultimately gain more traffic and conversion.
I hope this helps you achieve your goals.
Good luck with the store.
Have a nice day