Feedback on our store

Miriam-Lavatz
3 0 2

Hey! I would really appreciate some feedback on our store.

A little bit about us:

We started working on making our own brand of designed lash boxes and false lashes last year. It's been almost a year of hard work and we finally launched our webpage about ten days ago. So far we are having some traffic, but no sales yet. As first time makers of a shopify store we would really appreciate feedback on what to approve to get more conversions.  Any guidance or tips would be helpful at this point, as we feel a bit stuck.

This our webpage: www.lavatz.com

We do have an instagram and facebook account, but low on followers and probably need more content. We also are currently running ads on facebook.

Thank you in advance!

Miriam

Replies 6 (6)
EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
1070 143 333

Hey Miriam (@Miriam-Lavatz),

Congratulations on the launch of your store! I've taken a look through and have some feedback for you.

screencapture-lavatz-2021-07-08-09_50_57.png

PRODUCTS
As you know, lashes can be purchased offline in hundreds retail stores as well as online through thousands and thousands of online stores. When a person is searching for a pair of lashes in Google, big companies with massive marketing budgets are who is showing up in search results and who you are competing with for customers.

Now, a person can complete IF they give people a reason to purchase from them vs. the other guys. An example of this might be someone who sells locally, their "reason" as to why you should purchase from them vs the other guy is because they are local and a lot of people are passionate about shopping local. In addition to this, they can also get products to their customers faster and can offer incentives such as free local delivery.

I would think about all your "whys" and what sets you apart and use that in your marketing and in the text in your store.

HOMEPAGE BANNER
That main banner area is prime real estate for selling.  One of the keys of selling is getting inside your customers head, what problem do they have that you can solve? Or what is it that they desire that you provide? Use words or phrases that they do to show that you understand their needs. We recommend using this type of text in your banner. For the format, we recommend having a professional photo of your products, a title introducing your brand or product, a line of text underneath that expands on your title and a call to action button such as "Shop Now". Here is an example:

macarons-04.png

FAVICON
I’d recommend adding a favicon so that your visitors can find you quickly when they have multiple tabs open in their browser. We did a video on how to upload a favicon that you can watch here:

PRODUCT SEO
Moving onto your products, you have them named things like “Dreamer” or “Forest Fairy” and the issue with this is that anyone trying to find a product like yours in Google is not going to type “Dreamer” or “Forest Fairy” into Google, they would likely search something like “wispy faux mink lashes” so it’s very important that when you are writing your product titles and description that you keep your SEO in mind so that you are showing up in search results. We have a video where we teach you how to do your SEO that I will leave linked here:

LOCAL
Your main issue is you need sales so here is what I would do if I was in your position.

I’d start local.

I’d post online to local community Facebook pages, marketplace, etc. I’d also approach local salons and spas to see if they are interested in carrying a selection of your products.

With everything you do locally, make sure to include a business card with a discount for their next online order. This will create awareness that you have an online shop. Here is how to create a discount code:

You could also offer incentives such as free local delivery:

If delivery is not an option, or if you want to offer two things, you could offer local pickup as well:

I would highly recommend that you encourage your customers to leave a review on the products they purchase. Positive reviews are very valuable, they add a lot of trust to your store. Here is a video on how to add a free review app to your store:

MARKETING
For you, I’d recommend creating videos to market your products. You can do short 30 second to 1 minute videos for TikTok, IG Reels, Facebook. You can also do longer videos and post them on YouTube or Facebook. As for the platforms, right now I personally suggest TikTok & YouTube. You are going to grow way faster on TikTok right now than you could on IG Reels or Facebook.
It has the potential to be a double fold success for you because not only can you earn on the platforms themselves (ie. with YouTube you can get adsense, add affiliate links and do brand deals) but also you are driving traffic to your store and selling there as well. A good example of this in action is the Detail Geek. He has a service based vehicle detailing business and creates YouTube videos of himself detailing vehicles. He will mention products he is using and drive traffic to his online store AND he also earns adsense money by allowing YouTube to place ads in his videos.
I think this could be great for you, hope you give it a go!

PAID ADVERTISING
Here are a few tips to help you with your paid ads:

1. When working with influencers, don’t be blinded by numbers. A large following does not mean success. Be cautious of bringing in “general traffic”, you want an influencer that is in your niche.
  2. Remember that every social platform has a primary user demographic. You want to create profiles and run ads on whichever platform your target demographic spends the most time. Check Social Sprout for the 2021 Social Media Stats.
  3. Target your ads. Do not make your ranges to broad, know your target audience and dial in to reach exactly who you intend to reach. Remember, high traffic is not a good thing if it’s the wrong traffic.

SHIPPING
You need to add in an estimated shipping time at checkout. For some people, shipping time can be a deal breaker so they won’t proceed with their purchase without that information. 

I will leave it at that for now but if you would like to talk to us 1-1, we offer sessions where we take a look at your store, identify the greatest issues holding you back, then provide solutions and advice. If you would like to book a session, you can do so here: https://calendly.com/ecomgeeks/1-1-session

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

waytoapps
Shopify Partner
736 66 265

Hello @Miriam-Lavatz 

Hope you are doing good. Your store looks nice and here are few suggestions.

Add a Favicon which helps to find you when customers have multiple tabs in their browser.

Expand the Hero banner to full width, as it gives first impression when customer lands on the homepage.

There are no reviews on your products. Add Product review app, so that customer can review on your products.

Add Testimonials or Reviews on the Homepage, which helps in building trust with other visitors.

You can promote your products with word of mouth strategy. Boost your sales with the app from the shopify app store  which helps to increase your sales further. Improve your conversions by directly reaching those who close to your customers.

Add terms and other shipping, refund policies to the Footer section.

There is no terms and conditions checkbox at checkout. I suggest you to install an app from shopify app store which provides 'I agree to the Terms and Conditions' before checkout .As it makes easy for the customer to read your terms and policies.

You can also sell your products on Etsy marketplace as it is very good platform to sell unique, handmade and Vintage goods . If you are already selling on Etsy store consider our Etsy Integration app in the shopify app store. Etsy is a Huge marketplace, if you have any unique or Handmade product in your store, you can give further exposure to your products.

Thanks,
Waytoapps
Miriam-Lavatz
3 0 2

Thank you both for your replies! I will definitely look into tweaking the headings and the "whys" to buy our products.

Going local is unfortunately not an option being situated in a very small country with low market for this types of product.

A lot of the other stuff we can deifnitely use though, so thank you so much!

RichardNguyen
Shopify Partner
1279 178 854

Hi @Miriam-Lavatz 

I'm Richard Nguyen, CRO Expert from the PageFly - Free Landing Page Builder. I would love to provide my recommendations for your store based on 5 years of providing solutions for more than 100.000 active Shopify merchants.

Your store looks nice and professional, I would love have some suggestions below

Add favicon to your store

Having a favicon for your store will make your store unique and help customers easily recognize it. You can check this article to know how to add it.

1. Home page

1.1 Make the menu sticky

A sticky menu header helps customers to reach out to the menu and access the menu anytime they want. The menu has a search bar, and making a search bar prominent is very important. This helps customers feel rest assured and they can search anytime when they scroll up or down on the home page.

1.2 Add testimonial - customer reviews

You can show rating stars for each product or you can add customer reviews as text and photos.

You can use Loox or Yotpo app to review widgets with photos gallery because both of them integrate with PageFly already. 

Moreover, you can check this guide to pick the best reviews app for your store!

1.3 Display social media

As usual, social media is one of the effective ways to get more traffic and make a good connection with your customers. By displaying social media such as Instagram (or Facebook, Twitter) and constantly updating the feed.

1.4 Have direct links for the Return and Shipping policies

• Many customers want to know the return policies as well as shipping info before making purchases. And this is crucial to their decision on whether to purchase products in your store. And they are likely to find it on the footer so it's necessary to add this information. 
  • Shipping policy is essential because many customers want to know the shipping options available to them before they committed to adding a product to the cart page and go to the checkout page

1.5 Have a signup form

Customers can subscribe their emails via the form and you can send do marketing campaigns.

2. Product page

I take this page for example https://www.lavatz.com/products/eye-lash-6d81

2.1 Add a customer review section

A review widget is highly recommended on a product page so other customers can see others' feedback. With a review widget, there is a button to encourage customers to leave reviews. Loox and Yotpo are good review apps (PageFly also integrates with them). 

2.2 Provide a list of Recently viewed items

Many customers want to view previous items. If it’s too difficult to view again previous items, they will likely frustrated, and may not purchase anymore.

=> What helps you to build your store more easily, especially what helps you to build all options I comment on above is a page builder.

It would be a good choice for you to have professional sites that look incredible on mobile & desktop without any extra coding, and you will have lots more time focusing on marketing strategies, so you can consider checking PageFly.

If you feel my answer helpful, like it or give it a thumb up. Let me know if you have any questions. Cheers!

PageFly!

PageFly- Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen List of Best Platforms To Sell Online.

Check our guide The Most Common Ecommerce Merchants Problems And How To Avoid Them

Learn how to boost your sales for Father's Day with PageFly

Growave
Shopify Partner
1543 52 436

Hi @Miriam-Lavatz 

All-in-one marketing platform Growave is here. Congratulations on opening a new store. While analyzing your Shopify Store, I've noticed you don’t use e-marketing tools that can help you with sales and traffic. Therefore, I suggest you start using some e-commerce marketing tools.

• Add Social Login

Social Login enables one-click signup and makes login much easier. This feature provides easier access to a customer's account and enables creating an account through Social Media. No need for complicated passwords and confirmations through personal e-mail. Also, you can use gained data through social login for customer retention and analysis.

• Add Favicon

Favicon adds legitimacy to your website and helps boost your online branding as well as trust from potential consumers. Favicons are an immediate visual marker for the website which enables easy and quick identification for webpage visitors especially when a lot of tabs are open.

• Add Reviews

I haven't noticed any reviews at your shop. I strongly advise adding testimonials/reviews to products for building customer trust and social proof. Since you've launched the online shop recently, try to collect them through apps, depending on your budget. 

• Referral program

Use a Referral program to give customers an opportunity of sharing your products with friends and getting rewarded for that. Through a referral program, you encourage your customers to grow your brand community. It will help to turn your customers into loyal clients and directly impact your repeat purchases as well as improve retention.

Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post or marking it as a solution.

For adding the functions above you can use several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at once just with a couple of clicks, try  Growave.  We have 5 great features - Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards&Loyalty, Social

In order to install free trial, please press here

To test all-in-one marketing platform Growave for free, press Growave

Tuecus
Shopify Partner
2589 78 376

Hi @Miriam-Lavatz 

I came across your website. I would like to suggest few points to increase  traffic.

1)A buy button gives your customers more convenient ways to purchase.

2)The Wishlist feature on a website allows a user to mark items they are interested in and revisit these items at a later date and they will buy.

3)The recently viewed items allows you to show your visitors the items they've viewed while browsing your site, offering you an opportunity to increase your sales by showing them the items they've already shown interest in. Getting started is easy.

4) If you want lifetime customers, you not only have to continuously prove that your product is worth what they’re paying for it, you also have to give them that something extra. Show them that you’re the expert in your field and reward them for their loyalty.
Here are some other benefits of a customer loyalty program:
Identify your best customers.
Reduce advertising costs
Acquire new customers.
Move customers up the buying ladder
You can offer rewards for Registration, subscription, Order credits, Cart Value, Item review, Monthly, Birth day, Referral and many more.

5) Try to add product details in product page..

Thanks
team Tuecus

Apps Developer Team |
@Elist eBay Integration
@Tuecus-Customer Page
@Aliexpress Dropshipping & More
If the my answer is helpful to you? Click Like/Accept Solution to let me Know!!