Need some feedback on a site.
We've been live with this site for about 1.5 years and have struggled to get our conversions up. Been working on many things lately, most importantly SEO, using analytics, heatmaps, some user feedback and surveys, and just aren't making a lot of headway in terms of improving our conversion numbers. We have a marketing department and utilize Facebook and Instagram ads and get a decent amount of traffic from those sources.
Surveys are showing that around 50% of people can find what they are looking for, so I feel like this is pretty low and need some feedback on navigation/search/finding products. We're missing something here.
Anything of relevance to help get a direction in growing our online sales will help greatly.
Less is more.
First impression... you are shouting at me (design-wise) on your home page. I feel intimidated, and on guard.
You have several different design vibes going on... big, splashy, in your face elements... and then simple, minimal layouts. It's confusing.
I clicked around your site, then on "Cardinal's Select" and could not find my way back to the home page I landed on.
Finally, you have so many products one hardly knows where to begin. Not sure how you can promote any one product line when you have so many you are trying to put out there.
Hi @Rustin !
Add clear CTAs. Clear CTAs - help to show what to do next. Hero banner on your homepage is a key to make a connection with every visitor. You should clearly communicate what your website is about.
Imagine if you saw something that you quite like in the store, however you want to browse more, get more options, and then choose the best one. That often happens to me, because I am indecisive. That is when Wishlist comes in handy. Since you have a lot of products on your site, I recommend adding that feature to improve the user experience on your site. Besides, if the items on the wishlist have not been purchased, automated emails will be sent out as a reminder.
Social media has become a huge thing nowadays. I highly recommend taking advantage of that and adding Instagram galleries on your homepage. It will help drive traffic from your site on to your account and vice versa.
Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer.
For adding the functions above you can use several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at once just with a couple of clicks, try Growave.
We have 6 great features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts, etc.
There is a free plan available.
Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post.
Hello @Rustin, here are some suggestions:-
- Add an attractive banner image with a different font style. Currently, it doesn't look good.
- The home Page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this.
Slideshow Image- Collection List- New arrivals, Bestsellers- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- Instagram Feed
- Add a longer product description as this is how you convince someone to buy on your site.
Paid Ads will help you to get more traffic to your store but make sure your store is engaging enough to convert the traffic and reducing the bounce rate. Here are some quick tips:-
- You can start giving loyalty points to your customers on different activities like signing up, visiting a store, making a purchase, allowing for push notifications. This will help you to entice your customers and retain them. You can reward your customers in order to redeem those points. When you will give points to them they will come again in the future to make a purchase in order to redeem those points. This encourages repeat purchases which increase sales and helps in retaining your customers.
- Add a referral program. Referral marketing is a cost-effective way to gain new and loyal customers. Because people are social creatures, individuals that are referred to your company are much more likely to remain loyal customers.
- Set up Newsletter Subscription with automatic emails with thankyou and discount coupon.
- Showcase reviews on the home page or create an exclusive page that will build more trust in visitors.
To implement these tools in your store. I would recommend you to install the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion.com.
I am also happy to assist you in setting up the above features in your store. Looking forward to your reply soon.
We are happy to help sellers to increase sales in this BFCM.
Hi @Rustin welcome to Shopify community
Hope your business is going well during these difficult times. I checked your store website, and I have a few tips and feedback I'd like to share,
1. Free shipping is the biggest enticement for shopping online. And I see that free shipping isn't an option right now. So either you can provide free shipping as Standard (normal delivery), and shipping charges applied for Expedited (faster delivery)| or you could provide free shipping for orders above a certain value. Either of these, it will help you get more sales/increase conversions.
2. I noticed that the product descriptions are not descriptive, A brief info about the product is required. Why? Because you can use potential keywords in such circumstances that are likely used on search engines. (try out this https://kwfinder.com/ to find phrases that are related to the keyword and also have a high search volume.) This will help increase organic traffic (google)
3. Have a featured collection based on your offers, new arrivals, best sellers, etc. This will grab the attention of customers when they browse the homepage itself. Also adding more graphic product labels/stickers like Sale, Fast Selling, Free Shipping can help increase your sales by tapping into powerful psychological triggers such as scarcity, social proof, and urgency. You can read more about it here
4. Adding product stickers/trust badges can help increase your sales by tapping into powerful psychological triggers such as scarcity, social proof, and urgency. Also having graphic and personalized stickers on products will help grab the attention of customers easily and nudge them to purchase.
I hope this helps!
Thanks for the feedback @TCsox, very useful.
We spent a good deal of time coming up with our aesthetic and matching it to our store, so glad to hear first impression was good.
You pretty much nailed the concept. Our primary market is the Texas Tech gear and then branching out into the other product categories. We will keep this in mind, balancing local appeal with national reach and minimizing that overwhelming factor.
We will definitely work on the responsiveness of the menu. I can definitely see that causing some frustration while trying to navigate the site.
The Select box was an early concept that we had that has been put on the back burner until we can sort through our main site here, but we're definitely going to be moving back on to that soon.
I think you have an amazing point about competing with the convenience of the big chains, so we'll work on providing the unique experiences that offer a better option as opposed to them.
We do have a large variety of products and it has made design work to incorporate those products more difficult as well, like you said strength and weakness. When users know what they are looking for it's great, but when they don't, that's where we may be struggling the most.
Thanks for your feedback @JMWolfe.
I agree with the less is more and that was definitely the design we were going for, so interesting that you had the impression that you did. I can see where you would see the clashing of the design, we will keep that in mind as we move forward.
I'll incorporate some links to navigate back to the main site, thanks for finding this.
We definitely have a large variety of products, but having these products in store and online is something that we want to keep, so any suggestion on a better way to organize our products if you have any, or examples perhaps of unique ways to achieve this, would be helpful.
Connect your PayPal account to allow your customers to checkout using the PayPal gateway a...By Ollie Jul 28, 2022