Feedback on Store - Plaid Shoppe

Solved
plaidshoppe
Tourist
3 0 2

Hello, I recently launched my site, www.plaidshoppe.com in mid-November.

I've been running ads on Facebook and Pinterest and working with StoreYa on Google ads.  I've had over 1,000 visitors to the site but to date, I've only had two sales.  Currently, I'm selling holiday print on demand products but I plan to expand on products and designs with the intention of this being an online shop for holiday / seasonal home decor and gifts.

I would be grateful for any feedback.  

Thanks so much,
Noreen Sheridan

0 Likes
vinods
Shopify Partner
539 12 88

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @plaidshoppe (Ms. Noreen)

I am Vinod from Bombay India - Providing Professional Google & Bing Ads Management, Conversion Rate Optimization, Email Marketing Services to small & medium business clients across the globe.

Good Site. Good products for Holiday Season.

The first thing came in my mind was once the holiday season / festive season is over what products will be there on this website ? (honestly) As currently the site looks only for Holiday season products.

Everything looks really great on the website.

Cart page - is looking busy with 2 checkout button option one at top and at bottom. Continue Shopping Button needs to be highlighted.

Important - ORDER BY DECEMBER 10 TO RECEIVE BY DECEMBER 24 ? What you mean by this ?

Hope You know that BUY NOW BUTTON IN SHOPIFY on product details page - does not work properly.

Coming back to your marketing - Are you targeting the right audience Via Digital Channels ?

Wouldn't you love to increase sales & conversions ? Perfect!

I would Love to grow your product sales with below services & better ROI.

Feel free to contact on my email.

Thanks

Vinod

Vinod Sachdev.
Digital Marketing Consultant
Google & Bing Ads | Web Design & Development | Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO)
15+ years Industry Experience & Knowledge of Latest Web Technologies
250+ Clients Served - across USA, UK, Spain, Caribbean Islands, India & more.
625+ Paid Ads Search, Shopping, Display, Re-Marketing Campaigns Successfully Managed which achieved higher sales
100+ Custom Websites & Landing Pages Designed & Developed

email vinod.digitalcentrics@gmail.com | https://digitalcentrics.com/
EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
1050 142 343

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @plaidshoppe,

Sorry to hear that you aren't getting the sales to match the traffic. Your website looks great, you've done a great job. It's discouraging not to see the fruit of your labor, I hope that turns around soon for you.

Usually when you see an influx of traffic without the sales to match it's because you are getting the wrong type of traffic (not your target audience).

I have some other thoughts as well.

If I were to put myself in the place of a shopper, shipping time (especially now) is a concern. You have that if you order by the 10th it will arrive in time for Christmas but for anyone who wants to purchase these products for themselves as décor (say the ornaments for example), by the time it arrives it will be just about time to pack everything up before they get to enjoy it.

My other thought was on the products you sell. They are beautiful designs and although there may not be others with the exact replica of yours, there are many with similar designs. Specifically the pillows and mugs, big box stores are offering similar things that are easily accessible (they can be purchased in store and online or through Amazon). What I'd recommend is you set yourself apart by researching what is currently trending and focus on selling that or maybe that means adding a more personalized touch to your products. For example, instead of "Seasons Greetings" you are putting trending quotes on the pillows or on the ornaments you are offering to put a pets name on them with the words "Christmas 2020" on them. 

My final recommendation is to spend some time on your SEO. This will help generate organic (free) traffic to your store. By default, Shopify will use your product titles and descriptions and use that as your SEO (that is what is happening in your case) but you don't want to leave your SEO to default, you want to be intentional about the words you use so that you are reaching your intended audience. A common mistake in SEO is using the wrong words. You have to include words that a person trying to find your product would search in Google. We show you how to do your SEO in this video:

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up!

Best of luck!

PS: Make sure to grab your FREE Christmas store banners & pop-up’s!

Free-Christmas-Graphics.png

You can download them for free when you sign up for our email list.

Enjoy!

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

plaidshoppe
Tourist
3 0 2

Hi, Thanks so much for this feedback.  After watching your video, I realize now that I have a lot of work to do on SEO.  The video was very helpful so thank you for that.

Thanks also for the feedback on the type of products.  Currently I'm working on expanding my product line so there will more unique items not similar to what is already out there.

I'm using print on demand products and due to COVID and the time it takes to process the products, there's a big delay in shipping so I'm highlighting that on all pages so buyers are aware.
I realize I'm getting to the point in the holidays where my sales will be limited but hopefully once I get new products and a bigger variety of products out there, it won't be as much of an issue.

Thanks for taking the time to review my site, your feedback was very helpful.

Best regards,
Noreen Sheridan

EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
1050 142 343

You are very welcome Noreen (@plaidshoppe), glad to hear you found the feedback helpful :).

I wish you all the best! 

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

0 Likes
plaidshoppe
Tourist
3 0 2

Hello Vinod, Thanks so much for your feedback.  I contacted the website designers for the theme I'm using and unfortunately they cannot highlight or make bigger the Continue Shopping link so I'm going to have to keep that as it.  I'm working on fixing some of the Buy it Now issues and Add to cart look.  

I appreciate your offer to help with marketing.  I'm currently trying to do alot of this on my own to save some money but I may follow up with you on this.

Thanks again for taking the time to review my site.

Best regards,
Noreen Sheridan

vinods
Shopify Partner
539 12 88

Hi Noreen

You're always welcome. You need any help is website edits I am happy to serve you.

Regarding marketing yes surely will be happy to serve you for digital too. Keep in mind SEO takes a lot of time as compared to Paid Ads on Google, Bing, Facebook & Insta.

When you start paid ads just start with a budget of $10 per day initially. This is what I always do for my clients. Important is correct abd professional ad setups and targeting.

Feel free to ask any further feedback too. You have my email.

Thank you.

Vinod

Vinod Sachdev.
Digital Marketing Consultant
Google & Bing Ads | Web Design & Development | Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO)
15+ years Industry Experience & Knowledge of Latest Web Technologies
250+ Clients Served - across USA, UK, Spain, Caribbean Islands, India & more.
625+ Paid Ads Search, Shopping, Display, Re-Marketing Campaigns Successfully Managed which achieved higher sales
100+ Custom Websites & Landing Pages Designed & Developed

email vinod.digitalcentrics@gmail.com | https://digitalcentrics.com/
0 Likes