I'd like to get feedback on my store. The initial goal with opening my shop was to sell kids toys but I'm realizing I may be interested in selling clothing for kids and adults instead. What are your thoughts on the name of the store? Is it worth pivoting? Please be brutally honest with your feedback regarding existing design, setup and whether or not pivoting may be an option with the existing name. Thank you!
I like the name! The first thing I see is a logo, whereas I'd rather see photos of the products you're offering. The name applied to clothing might depend on the type of clothing. It sounds like a good name for beach wear, casual wear, fun clothes, hoodies, eco friendly clothes, etc.
Just had a look at your store. Here is my feedback.
1. First and foremost about brand name, I believe choosing a brand name is one thing and the other thing which most important is to see if the brand is communicating the promise, rolls out well the tounge and if it is making a connection with the value what we are giving to the customers. At the end of the day, its the customer value which is drives everything and generates sales. I can see that behind your brand name Beluga Whales you have a philosophy but we need to see if that philosophy is clearly communicating what is intended.
Adding more into this, the website header is the first thing that a visitor sees, it creates the first impression so we need to make sure that the banner clearly communicates what the business is about and what value a customer will get out of it. Currently, your banner is not communicating the customer value I believe.
What you can do is adding some of your main products picture here and write a short copy that communicates the customer value. If you do not want to add the products picture then showcase something that clearly states what business you are in.
2. Secondly, after the website banner, i think you need to work more on your homepage. The homepage has to be very clear, communicative, and attractive to make a mark. Add more sections for example, Featured Products Section, then another section where you can add some copy about your vision and brand story, that is the place where you can talk about your brand's philosophy. That story can lead the user to your "About Us" page. Then next section you can add your customers testimonials, then finally conclude the homepage with the newsletter box and social links on the footer.
3. Thirdly, try to play with graphics to communicate the value. I have seen the about us page and that has some good content but besides the content add some relevant pictures reflecting your target audience enjoying the brand value that you aspire to give to them.
4. Your shop/products page are good with some great graphical representation and reviews. So keep it up on that and constantly improve the copy and graphics. You just need to add flavors to your homepage to make it more impressive and clear.
5. Lets come to the SEO side of your store. I did not see meta description on your products page. Make sure that you update the Meta data (Meta title and description) on each page of your website.
6. Add a blog page to your store as well and share weekly or bi-weekly blogs. This will also improve your on-page seo.
7. Lastly, employ some in-store marketing tactics. An exit intent pop up would be handy in giving incentives to your potential customers. You can try Wheelify app from Care Cart to integrate this feature. Also integrate an abandoned cart recovery mechanism so that you can retarget your lost customers. Cart abandonment is one of the major issues in online stores.
Hope this helps. Good Luck
Hello @blubelugaco, I hope you are doing well! here is the feedback on your store:
- The home page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. Slideshow Image- Collection List- Product Recommendations- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- Instagram Feed.
- Add a separate page of the shipping policy.
- Improve the product descriptions:
- Setup Product recommendations on product pages as well as cart pages.
- You need to engage your visitors coming to your site by giving loyalty reward points which will increase repeat purchase and customer lifetime value. You can add a chatbot to make sure you never lose any of your customers. You can add a web push notification which will help you to retarget your customers anytime even when they are not in your store. This will help you to run your store smoothly and decrease the bounce rate and will capture your visitors and convert them into prospective or paying customers. You will be able to retain your customers for the long term.
- Make sure you are using email marketing automation to reach your customers. Use triggers and workflows to automatically send messages to consumers after they take a specific action.
If you would like to implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to try out the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. I am sure you will find it useful.
If you need help with setting up the features, I will be happy to help.
Hope this Helps!