Feedback on

Solved
Maggz_Mik
Tourist
5 0 0

Good day, I’m on day 4 of having my store and 1 day of going live. I decided to go live while continuing to edit behind the scenes because I know “waiting to launch” is wasting time. 

I think I’ve utilized lots of tips I learnt from different articles but I’d appreciate a personal review. Comments on what can be changed in the early stage to aid with success are most welcomed.  

Thank you in advance.

my site is: https://maggz-mik.myshopify.com

Accepted Solutions (4)

Accepted Solutions
Bo
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1793 197 456

This is an accepted solution.

Hey there, @Maggz_Mik 

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

I would have to disagree with you in terms of waiting to launch. A store only has one opportunity to make a first impression. First impressions are crucial in all walks of life and it is no different for your online store. When a customer lands at your store they should be met with a website that looks and feels professional. If a customer was to land on your store prior to you finishing the setup it leaves an impression that the store is not serious, it is not finished. This can be damaging to the buyer's trust and will result in them not checking out and not ever returning. I would highly recommend that you take a look at our Essential Shopify Launch Checklist here.  

Your contact page should have a professional email based on your custom domain, a phone number and if applicable, the physical location of the business. You should also have a contact form on this page. I would recommend taking a look at this guide on creating a contact page with a contact form. 

Your About Us page is lovely and personal, however, it is telling us more about you than the business itself. I would recommend keeping all the information about yourself there but adding additional information about the business. What an About Us page should be is a goal-oriented sales page, one that focuses on highlighting the biggest selling points of your story and brand, making a strong impression on curious customers. You can read up on how to write a persuasive About Us page here.

You will need to have a social media following on Instagram, Facebook, or other local platforms. A store without a social following does not look like a legitimate business. I can see that you do have Facebook and Instagram linked, however, you should really have content on these pages. It is suggested that you should have at least 9 Instagram posts upon launch so it fills the customer's screen. We have a guide on growing your social media following right here.

Product pages should all have reviews. Seeking out online reviews has become such a standard part of the buying process for people these days that every online retailer needs to be thinking about them. You can view our review apps here.

All the Best,

Bo

Bo | Retired Staff Member

View solution in original post

AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4161 244 729

Hello @Maggz_Mik, I hope you are doing good! here are some suggestions:

- Add a Favicon.

Home Page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. Slideshow Image- Collection List- New/ trending/ recently viewed products- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- Instagram Feed. 

To add new trending, recently viewed products you can install the all-in-one app AiTrillion and simply enable the product recommendations. 

- Add a call to action button on the banner image.

Showcase reviews on the home page or create an exclusive page that will build more trust in visitors.

- Improvise the product descriptions:

• Make sure you specify every detail of the product.
  • Showcase its features and benefits.
  • Use numbering and bulleting to make it easily scannable.
  • Use keywords to optimize your descriptions.
  • Use power words that entice customers.

Setup announcement bars or timers to promote your offers on the store.  AiTrillion has pre-designed templates of announcement bar, timer & sales motivator bars. 

- Add a discount popup. Give rewards to your customers. Entice them by giving them a discount code.

- Add Instagram shop & feed.

- Add the Wishlist option below the product. 

You can start giving Loyalty Points and Rewards to WOW your customers. This will increase repeat purchases and customer lifetime value by giving points and rewards that give customers more reasons to return to your store.

If you would like to implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to try out the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. I am sure you will find it useful.

Hope this Helps! 

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.

waytoapps
Shopify Partner
733 65 264

Hi

Hope you are doing good. I went through your store and here are few tips.

I suggest you to add a nice Logo to look your store more professional .

Add CTA ( shop Now) button on the hero banner to take customers directly to offered products.

Make a Sticky header so that customer can easily navigate on the header Section.

It is further good if you add more number of products on the Home Page.

Install a nice background theme to get attractive Look.

Add more Related products in the purchase page to increase your cross sales.

There is no terms and conditions checkbox at checkout. I suggest you to install an app from shopify app store which provides 'I agree to the Terms and Conditions'  before checkout .As it makes easy for the customers to read your terms and policies.

If you have any hand made products in your store Consider to sell on Etsy platform. There are Etsy Integration apps in the shopify app store .

Thanks

ShopList 

Thanks,
Waytoapps

EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
1070 143 333

Hey @Maggz_Mik,

Congratulations on launching your store!

After taking a look through your website, I have a few suggestions.

I'd spend some time adjusting the homepage, right now it looks a little disconnected. I first see stickers and then as I scroll down further I see images that are mismatched (different backgrounds, unrelated products).

screencapture-maggz-mik-myshopify-2021-01-07-12_58_48.png

As far as your products, there isn't a whole lot of options available.

screencapture-maggz-mik-myshopify-collections-mom-2021-01-07-13_04_41.png

When choosing products for your store, look for items with these qualities:

1. High demand. Look for "problem fixing products".
  2. Not easily accessible. Look for products that are not available in stores or online through big retailers or Amazon.
  3. Popular. Look for trending products.

I have a lot more to say on this topic, but I cover it in our video so I'll leave it here for you to watch:

PS: If you decide to give Ecomhunt a try, here is our affiliate link: https://www.ecomhunt.com?afmc=2tp
Using our affiliate link does not cost you anything extra, it tells Ecomhunt we sent you and we may receive earnings for that referral.

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

Replies 8 (8)
Bo
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1793 197 456

Hey there, @Maggz_Mik 

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

I would have to disagree with you in terms of waiting to launch. A store only has one opportunity to make a first impression. First impressions are crucial in all walks of life and it is no different for your online store. When a customer lands at your store they should be met with a website that looks and feels professional. If a customer was to land on your store prior to you finishing the setup it leaves an impression that the store is not serious, it is not finished. This can be damaging to the buyer's trust and will result in them not checking out and not ever returning. I would highly recommend that you take a look at our Essential Shopify Launch Checklist here.  

Your contact page should have a professional email based on your custom domain, a phone number and if applicable, the physical location of the business. You should also have a contact form on this page. I would recommend taking a look at this guide on creating a contact page with a contact form. 

Your About Us page is lovely and personal, however, it is telling us more about you than the business itself. I would recommend keeping all the information about yourself there but adding additional information about the business. What an About Us page should be is a goal-oriented sales page, one that focuses on highlighting the biggest selling points of your story and brand, making a strong impression on curious customers. You can read up on how to write a persuasive About Us page here.

You will need to have a social media following on Instagram, Facebook, or other local platforms. A store without a social following does not look like a legitimate business. I can see that you do have Facebook and Instagram linked, however, you should really have content on these pages. It is suggested that you should have at least 9 Instagram posts upon launch so it fills the customer's screen. We have a guide on growing your social media following right here.

Product pages should all have reviews. Seeking out online reviews has become such a standard part of the buying process for people these days that every online retailer needs to be thinking about them. You can view our review apps here.

All the Best,

Bo

Bo | Retired Staff Member

AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4161 244 729

Hello @Maggz_Mik, I hope you are doing good! here are some suggestions:

- Add a Favicon.

Home Page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. Slideshow Image- Collection List- New/ trending/ recently viewed products- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- Instagram Feed. 

To add new trending, recently viewed products you can install the all-in-one app AiTrillion and simply enable the product recommendations. 

- Add a call to action button on the banner image.

Showcase reviews on the home page or create an exclusive page that will build more trust in visitors.

- Improvise the product descriptions:

• Make sure you specify every detail of the product.
  • Showcase its features and benefits.
  • Use numbering and bulleting to make it easily scannable.
  • Use keywords to optimize your descriptions.
  • Use power words that entice customers.

Setup announcement bars or timers to promote your offers on the store.  AiTrillion has pre-designed templates of announcement bar, timer & sales motivator bars. 

- Add a discount popup. Give rewards to your customers. Entice them by giving them a discount code.

- Add Instagram shop & feed.

- Add the Wishlist option below the product. 

You can start giving Loyalty Points and Rewards to WOW your customers. This will increase repeat purchases and customer lifetime value by giving points and rewards that give customers more reasons to return to your store.

If you would like to implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to try out the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. I am sure you will find it useful.

Hope this Helps! 

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
waytoapps
Shopify Partner
733 65 264

Hi

Hope you are doing good. I went through your store and here are few tips.

I suggest you to add a nice Logo to look your store more professional .

Add CTA ( shop Now) button on the hero banner to take customers directly to offered products.

Make a Sticky header so that customer can easily navigate on the header Section.

It is further good if you add more number of products on the Home Page.

Install a nice background theme to get attractive Look.

Add more Related products in the purchase page to increase your cross sales.

There is no terms and conditions checkbox at checkout. I suggest you to install an app from shopify app store which provides 'I agree to the Terms and Conditions'  before checkout .As it makes easy for the customers to read your terms and policies.

If you have any hand made products in your store Consider to sell on Etsy platform. There are Etsy Integration apps in the shopify app store .

Thanks

ShopList 

Thanks,
Waytoapps
EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
1070 143 333

Hey @Maggz_Mik,

Congratulations on launching your store!

After taking a look through your website, I have a few suggestions.

I'd spend some time adjusting the homepage, right now it looks a little disconnected. I first see stickers and then as I scroll down further I see images that are mismatched (different backgrounds, unrelated products).

screencapture-maggz-mik-myshopify-2021-01-07-12_58_48.png

As far as your products, there isn't a whole lot of options available.

screencapture-maggz-mik-myshopify-collections-mom-2021-01-07-13_04_41.png

When choosing products for your store, look for items with these qualities:

1. High demand. Look for "problem fixing products".
  2. Not easily accessible. Look for products that are not available in stores or online through big retailers or Amazon.
  3. Popular. Look for trending products.

I have a lot more to say on this topic, but I cover it in our video so I'll leave it here for you to watch:

PS: If you decide to give Ecomhunt a try, here is our affiliate link: https://www.ecomhunt.com?afmc=2tp
Using our affiliate link does not cost you anything extra, it tells Ecomhunt we sent you and we may receive earnings for that referral.

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

Maggz_Mik
Tourist
5 0 0

Thank you very much. 

I do see your POV on waiting to launch. You have also made very important points that I overlooked and have now 
made changes. 

Maggz_Mik
Tourist
5 0 0

thank you. this was very helpful. I have taken some of the tips from you that I'd like to work with and they are live on the website now. 

Maggz_Mik
Tourist
5 0 0

all good points. thank you 

Some of the products can be customized. ill look into the Etsy avenue 

Maggz_Mik
Tourist
5 0 0

this is especially helpful as I continue to curate for the site. thank you