Hello Erika (@Bremusa),
I've taken a look through your store and I have a few suggestions.
First, I think there are a few things you could do to improve the first impression of your store. Here are a few things you might consider:
1. Changing your theme. In our video we walk you through our favorite free ones:
2. Using professional photos in your store:
3. Creating a logo. You can do this for free with just a few clicks of a button using a Shopify tool, we show you how to do that here:
4. When you download your logo, you should have a Favicon as well. Here is how to upload that to your store:
The next thing I'll touch on is your products. You want to stay away from selling items that are already commonly available. The problem with these types of products are that they can be already be purchased offline in hundreds retail stores as well as online through thousands and thousands of online stores. So when a person is searching for a certain book or toy in Google, these big companies with massive marketing budgets are who is showing up in search results and who you are competing with for customers (ie. Amazon, Walmart, Target etc.). A good product choice should have these qualities:
We did a video on how to find winning products:
PS: If you decide to give Ecomhunt a try, here is our affiliate link: https://www.ecomhunt.com?afmc=2tp
Using our affiliate link does not cost you anything extra, it tells Ecomhunt we sent you and we may receive earnings for that referral.
My last recommendation is to add in your Return, Shipping and Terms of Service policies. Shopify makes this really easy, you can auto-generate them with the click of a button:
I will leave it at that for now but if you would like talk to us 1-1, we offer sessions where take a look at your store, identify the greatest issues holding you back, then provide solutions and advice. You can email us at email@example.com for more information.
We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!
Best of luck!
Hey Erica, congrats on the store. I think @EcomGeeks made a good point about your products, but I think you have a unique opportunity to sell things that are commonly available in retail if you can effectively communicate that you curate the products on your site. You mention in the mission statement that you specialize in ethically made goods and local businesses but I don't see anything in product descriptions or collections hi-lighting this. Maybe some more info on the manufacturer of each item on the product pages would help incentivize shoppers to make a purchase.
Additionally, I would recommend adding shipping and return policies as well as social media into your footer. You should also consider a new theme, right now it looks pretty basic.
Hello @Bremusa, I hope you are doing well! Sachin here, from the AiTrillion Team at Shopify. Thanks for posting! I've taken a look at your store, and here are some inputs from my side:
- Add policies, social media links in the footer menu.
- Add a section of trending and new products on the homepage.
- Add a drop-down menu in the catalog option of the navigation bar. Make your store easy to navigate.
- Having a good brand logo will help you in branding.
- Add reviews on the product page. Add review carousel on the homepage.
- Add a web push notification - It turns visitors into subscribers and subscribers into customers. It’s a powerful and effective marketing tool adopted by online businesses to reach out to and interact with their audience, keep them updated about any important information, announcing sales and offers, and eventually driving more eCommerce conversions.
- Start giving loyalty points on activities like on signing up, allowing for push notifications, follow or share on social media, on birthdays, visiting a store, leaving a review. This will help you to entice your visitors and will also increase the number of push subscribers, reviews, newsletter subscribers. A loyalty program helps in increasing sales and increase the retention rate.
If your store is engaging then it will help you to reduce Customer Churn Rate i.e percentage of customers who stop purchasing from your brand and will also increase your customer retention.
Moreover, if you would like to implement the above customer engagement features/ marketing tools in your store I suggest you to install the 'All in one' Shopify app AiTrillion, a full-fledged marketing solution. It will help you to capture visitors coming to your store and will help in getting more conversions.
Hope this helps!
Hyde here from Shopify.
Congratulations on getting started! Your site, however, definitely needs a little more work and attention if it is to generate interest and produce conversions. We have a full list of things you absolutely need right here. These are essential, and you're setting yourself up for failure if you haven't gone at least some of the way towards completing that list.
Have a look at that and then get back to me once you've implemented some of that. We can then look at progressing your brand to the next stage, I'd be very happy to give you more advice.
All the best, Hyde.