Feedback please?

Solved
purplelotus
Excursionist
23 0 8

Could I get some feedback on my store? I've had no sales.

Purple Lotus Gemstones

Accepted Solutions (2)

Accepted Solutions
waytoapps
Shopify Partner
736 66 265

This is an accepted solution.

Hello @purplelotus 

Hope you are doing good. Your store looks nice and here are few suggestions.

Make a Sticky header for easy navigation. It helps customers to access menu at any time they want.

Expand images on hero banner to full width, as it gives first impression when customer lands on homepage.

Add Shop Now(CTA) on the Hero banner.

Add Testimonials or Reviews on the Homepage, which helps in building trust with other visitors.

You can promote your products with word of mouth strategy. Boost your sales with the app from the shopify app store  which helps to increase your sales further. Improve your conversions by directly reaching those who close to your customers.

There is no terms and conditions checkbox at checkout. I suggest you to install an app from shopify app store which provides 'I agree to the Terms and Conditions' before checkout .As it makes easy for the customer to read your terms and policies.

You can also sell your products on Etsy marketplace as it is very good platform to sell unique, handmade and Vintage goods . If you are already selling on Etsy store consider our Etsy Integration app in the shopify app store. Etsy is a Huge marketplace, if you have any unique or Handmade product in your store, you can give further exposure to your products.

Mention more contact details, which builds trust on your store.

Thanks,
Waytoapps

View solution in original post

Nick
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
4514 433 982

Hi @purplelotus,

Nick here from Shopify. Huge congrats on getting your store launched, it's a feat in itself and no easy task! I did spot a few things you could adjust/ change to help improve it though. Let's take a look at them:

• I saw your domain is still the .myshopify.com URL domain. I would strongly encourage you to get a custom domain such as purplelotus.com or something along those lines if that isn't available. This will give your store an instant upgrade in terms of credibility from visitors. You can purchase a domain from a third party domain host and then adding it your store or you can purchase the domain through Shopify
  • I love to see you have an About Us section, I think they are very valuable and important. I noticed the B to start the first paragraph isn't capatlised. Spelling and grammar is something I would make sure is correct throughout the store. Sticking with the About Us page, I think you can tell more of your story here and your love for Crystals, how they've impacted your life and what inspired you to set up Purple Lotus. People love stories and it helps them get emotionally attached to the store or brand making it more likely to make a purchase as they want to support you and feel part of the brand. The content team at Shopify have written a great blog post with some tips on this which you can read here. I would also look into removing the #'s and focusing more on SEO with this page and replacing them with a strong image to help further your story. 
  • I love the fact you have a discount for first time customers and think that's a great way to encourage new people to make their first purchase. I would make the code something much more fun and memorable rather than a variety of letters and numbers. This is a small thing, but getting all the letters and numbers could put someone off if it is awkward. 

How have you found using Shopify and do you have any other questions about the store and setting up? Best of luck with it all. 

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 6 (6)
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4161 244 729

Hello @purplelotusThis is AiTrillion- an All-in-one Marketing Platform on Shopify. Here is my feedback on your store that you can:

The home page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. Slideshow Image- Collection List- Product Recommendations- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- Blog Posts- Instagram Feed.

- There are two 'You May Also Like' sections. Remove one.

AiTrillion_0-1629119204166.png

- You should add a loyalty program in your store. Many brands have started using the loyalty program to build long term relationships with their customers. To make customers purchase from you again you have to give them rewards and loyalty points. You can give welcome points, on allowing for push notification, on a sign-up, on following or sharing on social media, and many other activities. Engage them with gratification and build relationships with your customers by offering such kinds of rewards. It will help you to increase the number of push subscribers, email subscribers, reviews, social media presence.

- Add a call to action button on the announcement bar so customers can take an action on it.

If your store is engaging then it will help you to reduce Customer Churn Rate i.e percentage of customers who stop purchasing from your brand and will also increase your customer retention.

To add the above marketing engagement tools there are many apps available in the Shopify app store. Instead of installing multiple apps, you can install the all-in-one Shopify app AiTrillion and get all the benefits of marketing features in a single app to drive conversions. 

P.S- Free plan available.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
collinsmbaka
Shopify Partner
222 26 95

Hi @purplelotus 

Thank you for sharing your store. I'd be happy to take a look and give my feedback.

Getting sales is a big challenge for every business. So be wary of anyone promising to help you with sales. I will recommend you focus your energy on researching if your product collections are in demand, marketing strategy, understand the audience you're trying to reach, and your pricing. People selling similar items reach out to learn how their sales are going and any tricks you can learn from them. Try to learn more about these areas.

I have had a look at your store and here my feedbacks for improving the overall store experience for your customers.

Show Estimated Delivery Date - Many customers don’t want to wait until checkout to know when they’ll receive their order, and showing the Estimated Delivery Date helps users to estimate when they can expect to receive their order. Add the delivery-date estimate, or delivery-date range, within the product page, it should be close to your "buy" button. When viewing an estimated delivery day like “Standard Shipping — 4 business days. Get it by Aug 17”, Your customers will have more confidence to make the purchase. You should also add a link to your full shipping policy.

Add product reviews - This is easily the most important information you need to show on your product page. People are more likely to trust your brand and products when they read reviews from other buyers.

Add 4 - 5 Product images - Images help sell your products, you should have 4 - 5 high-quality images with different angles. Showcasing your products

Make your header sticky - The header is what your customers use to navigate the store, so it is important that they can access it from any section of your store. Make the header sticky, so when your customers scroll down they can still use the header and see the information on it.

Best of luck and cheers!

Collins Mbaka
Web Developer | Shopify Developer
Hire Me: collinsmbaka.com/contact
waytoapps
Shopify Partner
736 66 265

Hello @purplelotus 

Hope you are doing good. Your store looks nice and here are few suggestions.

Make a Sticky header for easy navigation. It helps customers to access menu at any time they want.

Expand images on hero banner to full width, as it gives first impression when customer lands on homepage.

Add Shop Now(CTA) on the Hero banner.

Add Testimonials or Reviews on the Homepage, which helps in building trust with other visitors.

You can promote your products with word of mouth strategy. Boost your sales with the app from the shopify app store  which helps to increase your sales further. Improve your conversions by directly reaching those who close to your customers.

There is no terms and conditions checkbox at checkout. I suggest you to install an app from shopify app store which provides 'I agree to the Terms and Conditions' before checkout .As it makes easy for the customer to read your terms and policies.

You can also sell your products on Etsy marketplace as it is very good platform to sell unique, handmade and Vintage goods . If you are already selling on Etsy store consider our Etsy Integration app in the shopify app store. Etsy is a Huge marketplace, if you have any unique or Handmade product in your store, you can give further exposure to your products.

Mention more contact details, which builds trust on your store.

Thanks,
Waytoapps
Nick
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
4514 433 982

Hi @purplelotus,

Nick here from Shopify. Huge congrats on getting your store launched, it's a feat in itself and no easy task! I did spot a few things you could adjust/ change to help improve it though. Let's take a look at them:

• I saw your domain is still the .myshopify.com URL domain. I would strongly encourage you to get a custom domain such as purplelotus.com or something along those lines if that isn't available. This will give your store an instant upgrade in terms of credibility from visitors. You can purchase a domain from a third party domain host and then adding it your store or you can purchase the domain through Shopify
  • I love to see you have an About Us section, I think they are very valuable and important. I noticed the B to start the first paragraph isn't capatlised. Spelling and grammar is something I would make sure is correct throughout the store. Sticking with the About Us page, I think you can tell more of your story here and your love for Crystals, how they've impacted your life and what inspired you to set up Purple Lotus. People love stories and it helps them get emotionally attached to the store or brand making it more likely to make a purchase as they want to support you and feel part of the brand. The content team at Shopify have written a great blog post with some tips on this which you can read here. I would also look into removing the #'s and focusing more on SEO with this page and replacing them with a strong image to help further your story. 
  • I love the fact you have a discount for first time customers and think that's a great way to encourage new people to make their first purchase. I would make the code something much more fun and memorable rather than a variety of letters and numbers. This is a small thing, but getting all the letters and numbers could put someone off if it is awkward. 

How have you found using Shopify and do you have any other questions about the store and setting up? Best of luck with it all. 

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

purplelotus
Excursionist
23 0 8

hank you for your input I really appreciate it. I am in the process of trying to implement the changes.

I am having a problem with the sticky header The one code I found that actually works made the other pages bad so, I'm not sure what I am going to do about that. I do not have any reviews as of yet. I have had no sales so far. Thank you!

purplelotus
Excursionist
23 0 8

Thank you for your feedback! I am going to be making the changes you suggested thank you again! I really appreciate it!