Feedback wanted on new store that sells Japanese themed fine art prints

stonemen
Tourist
9 0 2

Hi there,

We sell original Japanese themed fine art prints. We intend only to sell in the USA at present.

Kimonoboy Fine Art Print Gallery 

I'd be most grateful if a few of you would visit at my new store and evaluate its usability and appearance.  We're using the Debut theme with a number of modifications to it.

We've not done any marketing whatsoever yet, including social or paid. I want feedback about the store functionality before beginning our marketing program. 

You can be very helpful in providing some honest feedback about the store's:

1.  Store's overall ease of use, or not

2. Store's general appearance

3. ease of adding product to cart and checkout process

4. any other comments

Thank you in advance for you assistance.

Regards,

Jim Austih

Replies 7 (7)
PageFly
Shopify Partner
2491 342 1665

Hi @stonemen 

This is PageFly - Free Landing Page Builder. I would love to provide my recommendation for your store based on 5 years of providing solutions for about 97.000 active Shopify merchants.

Basically, your store looks good with color and design and have some good points:

• Have a favicon to make your store look unique and professional
  • Invest in high-quality images
  • Have a CTA button on the hero banner so customers find it easier to visit the collections

However, I would love to provide some recommendations
1. Home page

You really need to show more content on the home page

1.1 Make the menu sticky

A sticky menu header helps customers to reach out to the menu and access the menu anytime they want. The menu has a search bar, and making a search bar prominent is very important. This helps customers feel rest assured and they can search anytime when they scroll up or down on the home page.

1.2 Add section about your brand story

A business can stand out with their brand story. A brand story helps customers understand more about your business and also helps your store look more professional. 

1.3 Show store's collections on the home page

With the first impression when visiting the homepage, many customers will feel so confused because they don't know what to do except seeing only 1 hero banner.

=> You should show more collections on the home page so customers will have a general view of the store's collections

Moreover, you should show featured products for each collection. This helps to catch more customer attention and keeps them staying longer to discover more.

1.4 Add testimonial - customer reviews

You can show rating stars for each product or you can add customer reviews as text and photos.

You can use Loox or Yotpo app to review widgets with photos gallery because both of them integrate with PageFly already. 

Or you can show testimonials in a slideshow, let’s consult my Stella template

Stella – PageFly 2020-12-09 09-11-17.png

1.5 Display social media

As usual, social media is one of the effective ways to get more traffic and make a good connection with your customers. By displaying social media such as Instagram (or Facebook, Twitter) and constantly updating the feed.

=> I have a guide on personalizing the Shopify home page, check it if you are interested in it because it provides many tips.

2. Collection page

I take this page for example https://www.kimonoboyfineartprints.com/collections/giclee-fine-art-prints

2.1 Add a secondary hover image on each product image

I recommend you should add a secondary hover image. By adding secondary hover images on each product image, customers can see a different image of each product and this provides more information as a visual aspect for customers and this also helps them to compare different products in a collection. 

2.2 Add average rating stars for each product

=> What helps you to build your store more easily, especially what helps you to build all options I comment on above is a page builder.

It would be a good choice for you to have professional sites that look incredible on mobile & desktop without any extra coding, and you will have lots more time focusing on marketing strategies, so you can consider checking PageFly.

For more information, you can consider subscribing to our channel “Ecom Learning With PageFly” in which we provide you with actionable insights into building your own eCommerce business, including everything from Business Ideation, Product Research, Brand Building to proven eCommerce Marketing Strategies, Store Design and Conversion Rate Optimization Strategies. The first video about picking winning Dropshipping products in June 2021 is out now!

We're here to help you thrive in the eCommerce world, one video at a time!

If you feel my answer helpful, like it or give it a thumb up. Let me know if you have any questions. Cheers!

PageFly!

PageFly- Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen List of Best Platforms To Sell Online.

stonemen
Tourist
9 0 2

Hi Pagefly,

I got to your 4th line where you say "get a favicon" and stopped reading.

I have a favicon.

Jim

MS-WEB-DESIGNER
Shopify Partner
3012 181 488

Dear @stonemen 

Hope the following suggestions will help you

• Improve store speed for mobile

kimspeed.png

• Show collections as menu ay header
  • Add Custom Sliders(Hero banners) with Call to Action

slider.png

• At footer:

kinfoter.png

• At home page: Add Trust Badge, Highlight your USP, Add Featured Collection​, Add Featured / Bestseller products,Add Testimonials at homepage
  • Collection page layout needs to improve

• Product page layout needs to improve

Example use tab like below image

produtpage2.png

• Improve On page SEO
Click Here to Hire Shopify Store Customization Experts
Boost Conversions & Average Order Value with this
Best App for Sticky Add To Cart
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4161 244 729

Hello @stonemenThis is AiTrillion- an All-in-one Marketing Platform on Shopify. I have reviewed your store and here is a feedback:

• Homepage recommended layout - The home page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this, top announcement bar, Slideshow banners, Collection List, Product Recommendations, product reviews, Newsletter sign-up box, Blog Posts, Instagram Feed & footer.
  • Missing Offers - You must show the offers and discounts banners on the store to collect emails and convert customers.
  • Header Menu- Add categories, about us in the header. 
  • Product page- Add the ‘buy now’ button- it lets your shoppers purchase the products they want faster and avoid extra steps of the checkout process.

AiTrillion_0-1622548156282.png

• Add these customer engagement tools in your store:

- Add an announcement bar with a call to action button.

- Add a timer bar to create curiosity among the customer stating 'HURRY! OFFER WILL END SOON'. 

Add web push notifications, it will help you to retarget your customers even when customers are not in your store without getting their email address. You can send back in stock and price drop alert notifications to bring customers back to your store. 

- Capture the email addresses of the visitors with a newsletter sign-up or welcome popup with a discount code. This will help you to reach customers via email and you can build relationships with customers via email campaigns.

If you would like to implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store you can install the all-in-one Shopify app AiTrillion. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4161 244 729

Hello @stonemen

I hope you are doing well! Have you implemented the suggestions and found the solution? 

Did you get a chance to try the app AiTrillion? If you need help with setting up the features, I will be happy to help or you can email our support at support@aitrillion.com

Looking forward to your reply!

Thanks

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
PageFly
Shopify Partner
2491 342 1665

Hi @stonemen 

At first, I said that it's one of the good points of your store, you can read carefully and then I gave my recommendations.🙂

Re_ Feedback wanted on new store that sells Japanese themed fine art prints - Shopify Community 2021-06-06 17-07-18.png

🙂 

PageFly- Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen List of Best Platforms To Sell Online.

waytoapps
Shopify Partner
733 65 264

Hello @stonemen 

Hope you are doing good. Your store looks nice and here are few suggestions.

Add few products with ATC(add to cart) buttons on the Home page.

Mention more contact details of your store to look trustworthy.

Add Testimonials or Reviews on the Homepage, which helps in building trust with other visitors.

You can promote your products with word of mouth strategy. Boost your sales with the app from the shopify app store  which helps to increase your sales further. Improve your conversions by directly reaching those who close to your customers.

There is no terms and conditions checkbox at checkout. I suggest you to install an app from shopify app store which provides 'I agree to the Terms and Conditions' before checkout .As it makes easy for the customer to read your terms and policies.

You can also sell your products on Etsy marketplace as it is very good platform to sell unique, handmade and Vintage goods  If you are already selling on Etsy store consider our Etsy Integration app in the shopify app store. Etsy is a huge marketplace where you can give exposure to your products.

Add Blog page,  blog posting will allow you to show your followers a personal side of your business. In this way you can engage with Existing and New customers.

Thanks,
Waytoapps