Feedback

Solved
karlandcoco
Tourist
5 0 3

Hi All,

I'm going into month 2 of my store now and I'd love to get some feedback! I'm getting lots of site traffic and subscribers, and a slow trickle of sales. Currently promoting on Instagram and Facebook, and navigating the minefield that is google merchant centre approvals! 

My website is www.karlandcoco.co.uk

Any feedback appreciated!

Accepted Solutions (2)

Accepted Solutions
Growave
Shopify Partner
1128 38 392

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @karlandcoco 

All-in-one marketing platform Growave is here. Congratulations on opening a new store and Welcome to Shopify. If you are getting  lots of site traffic and subscribers but sales are low , it could mean that visitors don´t find your online store reliable enough to make purchase. Consider implementing more eCommerce marketing tools in order to build customer trust and increase conversions. Here are some suggestions that you can work on. I hope it would help.

• Add Reviews / Testimonials

Add testimonials/reviews to products for building customer trust and social proof.  It will increase the confidence of new consumers, reduce rebound rates and abandonment of shopping carts. Consider implemeting review widget next to your selling products.

• Implement Loyalty and Rewards program

The Loyalty and Rewards program system inspires customers to connect more genuinely with your brand. It would positively impact to repeat purchases and turn your customers into loyal clients. Motivate your purchasers by setting points and referral links. You can reward them with points for purchasing, leaving reviews, following on social media accounts, birthday gifts on their special days, etc. Collected points cane exchangen on discount, free delivery or product.

Also, take into consideration the Referral program in order to give your customers an opportunity of sharing your products with friends and getting rewarded for that. Once you get a client, try to gain more orders through him. 

• Implement Social Login 

Attach Social Login buttons anywhere on your Shopify site and enable one-click sign-up or login to your online store. You can let customers log in using their Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Yahoo, Tumblr, Instagram, or Amazon accounts. Gathered data through social login can be studied for customer retention and client analysis.

• Make Menu Sticky

Make your online shop more user-friendly by keeping navigation fixed and remaining visible in the same position as the user moves around the website. Right now, the menu bar on the head of the store disappears when the user scrolls down which is not convenient. 

• Add Wishlist

Offering a Wishlist is an effective way to reduce shopping cart abandonment and fulfil sales from customers, who showed intent but didn't purchase. Add Wishlist for user experience as well. If the items from the Wishlist haven't been purchased, automated emails will be sent out as a reminder.

F1.png

For adding the functions above you can use several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at affordable price, try  Growave.  5 great features - Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards & Loyalty, Social Login, shoppable Instagram gallery on Shopify store under one dashboard. Test Growave during the free trial period to check whether it works for you. 

In order to install a free trial, please press here

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Login + more

Increase conversions with ease here

View solution in original post

CartTurbo
Pathfinder
86 5 26

An email address is not a free item that people just throw around and give out to everyone.

And I like cats but I don’t want a bunch of cat ads clogging up my email.

I don’t know you yet. The first thing you do is interrupt my train of thought with an opportunity to get your emails, which will most likely be spammy, because you are asking for my email by being both disruptive and spammy.

Here is the number you need to measure, how many people that sign up for your email, through the spammy pop-up turn around and make a purchase, vs the number of people you lose due to your spam pop-up, that would have made a purchase but didn’t because of the pop-up.

You need a content plan that doesn’t require a spammy disruption.

You're spending money for ads so let's see if I can figure out some numbers. First remove yourself, friends, family, and competition.

Google’s studies showed that you lose 53% of your traffic if your site takes more than 3 seconds to load and yours takes over six.

And then you’ve got to figure that only about 6% of the people who visit a brand's website make a purchase on their first visit.

So the real question is why would I choose you over Amazon, or the millions of other people selling the same items on the same platform as you?

You bleed valuable link juice to websites you don’t control, to show a profile full of ads.

You have neither a blog, content, videos, or articles. It's just a website full of the same products that I can find in a million other places.

Why should I buy from you over your competition or a big brand name like Amazon.

Replies 4 (4)
Growave
Shopify Partner
1128 38 392

Hi @karlandcoco 

All-in-one marketing platform Growave is here. Congratulations on opening a new store and Welcome to Shopify. If you are getting  lots of site traffic and subscribers but sales are low , it could mean that visitors don´t find your online store reliable enough to make purchase. Consider implementing more eCommerce marketing tools in order to build customer trust and increase conversions. Here are some suggestions that you can work on. I hope it would help.

• Add Reviews / Testimonials

Add testimonials/reviews to products for building customer trust and social proof.  It will increase the confidence of new consumers, reduce rebound rates and abandonment of shopping carts. Consider implemeting review widget next to your selling products.

• Implement Loyalty and Rewards program

The Loyalty and Rewards program system inspires customers to connect more genuinely with your brand. It would positively impact to repeat purchases and turn your customers into loyal clients. Motivate your purchasers by setting points and referral links. You can reward them with points for purchasing, leaving reviews, following on social media accounts, birthday gifts on their special days, etc. Collected points cane exchangen on discount, free delivery or product.

Also, take into consideration the Referral program in order to give your customers an opportunity of sharing your products with friends and getting rewarded for that. Once you get a client, try to gain more orders through him. 

• Implement Social Login 

Attach Social Login buttons anywhere on your Shopify site and enable one-click sign-up or login to your online store. You can let customers log in using their Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Yahoo, Tumblr, Instagram, or Amazon accounts. Gathered data through social login can be studied for customer retention and client analysis.

• Make Menu Sticky

Make your online shop more user-friendly by keeping navigation fixed and remaining visible in the same position as the user moves around the website. Right now, the menu bar on the head of the store disappears when the user scrolls down which is not convenient. 

• Add Wishlist

Offering a Wishlist is an effective way to reduce shopping cart abandonment and fulfil sales from customers, who showed intent but didn't purchase. Add Wishlist for user experience as well. If the items from the Wishlist haven't been purchased, automated emails will be sent out as a reminder.

F1.png

For adding the functions above you can use several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at affordable price, try  Growave.  5 great features - Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards & Loyalty, Social Login, shoppable Instagram gallery on Shopify store under one dashboard. Test Growave during the free trial period to check whether it works for you. 

In order to install a free trial, please press here

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Login + more

Increase conversions with ease here

CartTurbo
Pathfinder
86 5 26

An email address is not a free item that people just throw around and give out to everyone.

And I like cats but I don’t want a bunch of cat ads clogging up my email.

I don’t know you yet. The first thing you do is interrupt my train of thought with an opportunity to get your emails, which will most likely be spammy, because you are asking for my email by being both disruptive and spammy.

Here is the number you need to measure, how many people that sign up for your email, through the spammy pop-up turn around and make a purchase, vs the number of people you lose due to your spam pop-up, that would have made a purchase but didn’t because of the pop-up.

You need a content plan that doesn’t require a spammy disruption.

You're spending money for ads so let's see if I can figure out some numbers. First remove yourself, friends, family, and competition.

Google’s studies showed that you lose 53% of your traffic if your site takes more than 3 seconds to load and yours takes over six.

And then you’ve got to figure that only about 6% of the people who visit a brand's website make a purchase on their first visit.

So the real question is why would I choose you over Amazon, or the millions of other people selling the same items on the same platform as you?

You bleed valuable link juice to websites you don’t control, to show a profile full of ads.

You have neither a blog, content, videos, or articles. It's just a website full of the same products that I can find in a million other places.

Why should I buy from you over your competition or a big brand name like Amazon.

waytoapps
Navigator
479 41 195

Hello @karlandcoco 

Hope you are doing good. Your store looks nice and here are few suggestions.

Make a sticky header for easy navigation. It helps customer to access menu at any time they want.

Add shop now(CTA) on the hero banner.

Add ATC(add to cart) buttons on the products.

Include Blog page, Blog posting will allow you to show your followers a personal side of your business. In this way you can engage with Existing and New customers.

Add Testimonials or reviews on the homepage to build trust with the visitors.

Make social links open on new tab.

Update Contact us page with adding more contact details.

You can promote your products with word of mouth strategy. Boost your sales with the app from the shopify app store   which helps to increase your sales.

There is no terms and conditions checkbox at checkout. I suggest you to install an app from shopify app store which provides 'I agree to the Terms and Conditions' before checkout .As it makes easy for the customer to read your terms and policies.

There are no reviews on your products. Add product review app so that customer can write a review when they purchase any product from your store.

You can also sell your products on Etsy marketplace as it is very good platform to sell unique, handmade and Vintage goods . If you are already selling on Etsy store consider our Etsy Integration app in the shopify app store. Etsy is a Huge marketplace for selling creative goods such as art & collectibles, crafts & supplies, jewellery &accessories and more,  if you have any unique/handmade/vintage goods in your store, you can give further exposure to your products.

Thanks,
Waytoapps
karlandcoco
Tourist
5 0 3

Really love this feedback thank you! I've been in two minds about the e-mail capture so will get rid of it. Once I've implemented some changes I'll let you know!