feedback

new-haven
Tourist
7 0 0

I would appreciate feedback on my store please, I started about a week ago and I have had over 7k+ visitors, however, I have only made 1 sale.

Any tips on how to change this, as I believe I should have made more sales by now.

My store URL is www.new-haven-1.myshopify.com 

Thank you

Replies 11 (11)
Kimi
Shopify Staff
233 32 64

Hi, @new-haven!

I can empathize with your situation here, as I know firsthand on what it's like to run an online business. It's definitely a journey full of ups and downs, and for some of us things can move a bit slower than what we'd like it to be. It's great that you're reaching out for some feedback and tips however, so hopefully our wonderful community of entrepreneurs here will jump in and continue to suggest different strategies that you can look into. Here are my suggestions for your store:

1. Purchase a custom domain: The first thing I noticed about your store is that you don't yet have a custom domain for it. Purchasing and connecting a custom domain for your store will strengthen your store's branding, trust and discoverability. Have a read of our Help Centre document here on how you can purchase a custom domain directly from Shopify.

2. Optimize your About Us page: I would suggest going through your About Us page again and creating one that reflects your brand and story. You'll want to include a snippet of who you are as a store and what makes you unique, then use this to connect more with your audience. This will then give you the opportunity to showcase more of what your store is about, beyond the products, and therefore allows prospective customers to learn and connect more with a brand that they potentially align with. The About Us page of a business tends to be an aspect that gets overlooked, but it's really worthwhile to spend some time in creating one for your store. Check out our handy guide here to help you create your About Us page.

3. Create a homepage that captivates visitors: I like your inclusion of a slideshow on the homepage, though I think you can improve this in order to create a homepage that is more impactful overall. Your homepage should give visitors a snippet of what your store is about and what you sell, as well as entice your visitors to browse around, much like a window display is to a retail store. Perhaps think about how you can promote a featured product through the use of an eye-catching imagery on your slideshow, in order to draw in your visitor’s attention immediately as they arrive on your website. You can also think about implementing a call to action on your homepage, to point out the direction that you'd like visitors to take when browsing on your store. Take a look at our homepage design blog here if you need some tips and tricks on homepage design.

4. Optimize your product pages: The products on your store currently only contain their specifications within the product pages, but no product description. The purpose of a product description is to provide potential customers with important information about the features and benefits of your products, so that they are compelled to purchase them. Because of this, I would suggest going through your products to include descriptions that will explain what each product is and why it's worth for your visitors to purchase them. Our Shopify Blog here will help you create a well-crafted product description.

I'd also like to add that from going through your store, it's quite clear that your store adopts the dropshipping business model – is that correct? When dropshipping products from suppliers, it's important to add your store's own flavour and personality in how you present the products. Being one of the most popular business models for online stores at the moment, there are quite a lot of dropshipping stores out there today. Because of this, customers are increasingly more aware of stores that are dropshipping their products, so in order to stand out you'll need to differentiate yourself from other dropshipping businesses by finding your niche and unique brand perspective. We have a guide here that can help you with more tips and tricks on how to become a successful dropshipper, feel free to take a closer look at it.

Kimi | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

hori_tran
Shopify Partner
173 19 66

Hi @new-haven ,
I visited your website. your products and web design are very nice. I like them. But I saw something, this may be helpful to get a higher conversion rate:
- add a best seller category
- The slide banner with great visuals with your products and the "call to action" button. the slide banner should show the benefits of your products ( you can choose the best sellers to describe), your events, your discounts (Black Friday is coming, right?)
- Show promotion and a great shipping policy on the top

hori_tran_0-1637892735273.pnghori_tran_1-1637892800821.png

- add realistic product images
- make videos to attract customers and increase time on site
-  discount pop up
-  Add reviews for each product (some Shopify review apps can help) and a lower price next to the original one or to attract customers (on both the homepage and the product page)

hori_tran_2-1637892942369.png

hori_tran_3-1637892999108.png

- And don't forget to add JSON LD to your site to display your reviews on Google search by SEO app. (This SEO app I use 1 year:  https://bit.ly/2YxoOYC)
- SEO: your mobile version is not good. Heading tags, Meta tags, keywords are not optimized. To handle this I usually use the above SEO app.
- Add Google Analytics to track customers visiting your site

- Footer: add factors that make your customer trust, such as:

+ add your social media

+ "Our Company": About Us, Contact Us, Terms Of Service, Privacy Policy, DMCA Request

+ "Help Center": Size Charts, Payment Methods, Cancellation & Modification, Shipping, Delivery, Track Your Order, Returns and Refunds, FAQs

+ "Get In Touch": mail, support time, warehouse,...

-Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Thank you and have a nice work!!!
RichardNguyen
Shopify Partner
978 137 732

Hi @new-haven,

I’m Richard Nguyen - CRO Expert at PageFly- Free Landing Page Builder. With over 5 years’ experience in providing solutions for over 100.000 stores to help merchants increase their conversion rates, I’d like to provide you with some feedback with the hope they would be helpful to you.

Got to say that, your store is amazing. I like how you have:

• Have clear Shipping and Refund information
  • Have favicon of your store
  • Have an announcement bar
  • Have a sticky header

Besides these things, I have some comments and suggestions for you:

1. Homepage

1.1 Invest banner as bespoke image

You have great banners, but you should change something to make it more attractive. Let it bring you more value by adding some of your store quotes, or add a banner to introduce the discount event that you have now, or change the position of text and buttons. 

Trendmart 3.png

1.2 Add testimonial - customer reviews

• Customer reviews are proof of your product quality. This section will help you build customers' trust. You can show rating stars for each product or you can add customer reviews as text and photos.
  • Reviews are crucial when it comes to shopping online. PageFly allows you to add testimonials and product review to the page in ease ways

Moreover, you can check this guide to pick the best reviews app for your store!

2. Collection page

2.1 Have secondary hover images for the product list

• By presenting secondary hover images, customers can easily scan many products to see extra visual information. 

2.2 Add average ratings for each product

• You should include both the user rating average and number of ratings on the product list items. This is one of the crucial elements for users’ purchasing decisions. They will rely on both to decide whether they should explore further a product.

2.3 Change style of Add to cart buttons

• The current style of Add to cart button does not stand out and looks boring. You should change the style of this button, like changing a different background color of the button,...

Trendmart 2.png

3. Product page

3.1 Have at least 3-5 product images for all products

• Product images are essential elements for users to judge products- if products do not display enough images, users will not be able to get a full sense of products and will be reluctant to purchase.

3.2 Make the price more eye-catching and obvious

• You can change the color, the font size of the price to make it more attractive.

Trendmart 4.png

4. Check responsive on mobile device

On mobile devices, when accessing the Collection page, the page is too long because of the length of the product detail. Instead of using product details, you can use star ratings and product prices. 

Trendmart 1.png

And that's my feedback. You can consider checking PageFly - Free Page Builder with 24/7 support live chat to create a more impressive look for your store to really increase conversion, also please take a look at this guide on how to personalize a Shopify store from PageFly, hope it helps!

If you think my answer was useful, please like and mark it as a solution. Thank you and best of luck!

Richard - PageFly

CRO Expert at PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen List of Best Platforms To Sell Online.

new-haven
Tourist
7 0 0

Thank you for taking the time to go through this for me. i have very limited knowledge about these things, would you be able to help me set it up on a zoom call?

new-haven
Tourist
7 0 0

Thank you to everyone who took time out of their schedule to review my site and give me feedback, I really appreciate the support, the only issue is I am fairly new to this so a lot of these reviews are advanced for me and I am unsure how to carry them out, I tried youtube but I was not really getting any proper help so would anybody be available to go on a zoom call to help me out, please.

thank you

Kimi
Shopify Staff
233 32 64

@new-haven

Glad to see that you've received some further feedback for your store!

Shopify staff aren't able to set up video calls. If you're looking to implement some of the feedback given but aren't sure how to do so, your best bet would be to look into hiring one of our Shopify Experts. They'll be able to help with further building your store and scaling your business.

If you prefer to continue working on your store by yourself however, I recommend taking a look at our Shopify Learn platform. You'll be able to access a lot of different courses that will help you, and some even offer a step-by-step guide. Take a look at this one here for a guide specifically for starting out as a dropshipping business.

Kimi | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

saif-modemagic
Excursionist
27 2 5

Hey @new-haven, I went through your website and like how it's neat and got a discount pop up (good trick to get the users engaged during the holiday sale season). However, there a few areas I'd like you to focus on to get more traffic and engagement:
1. Add a proper organised navigation bar - Home, About us, Contact, Product etc to make the process easier for your users.
2. Add high quality realistic images + videos to give your user a more trustworthy experience with your products - There are a lot of deciding factors that come into a customers mind before they make a purchase given they pay before to get the product.
3. You should add product reviews and trust badges - it is for a known fact that we rely on other people's opinion or actions to decide on our own. You can read more here
4. Holiday season is here and thus you should add graphic product labels/badges/stickers like black friday, christmas, new arrival, best seller, selling fast etc like a lot of other successful estores.
adding this will grab attention of customers and increase sales by tapping into psychological triggers such as scarcity, social proof, urgency etc. You can know more here.

Hope this helps!
Good luck

new-haven
Tourist
7 0 0

please have a look now and tell me what you think

CutOutWiz
Navigator
404 28 152

Hello @new-haven 

Hope you are doing well.

I understand how it can be frustrating to be doing everything right but still not getting your traffic converted to sales. You may find comfort in knowing that you're not the only one on that boat. Millions of Shopify store owners are facing the same problem. This is not because you are necessarily doing something wrong, but rather because Sales is an organic process, involving people getting to know you, visiting your brand, looking at your products, comparing them with others, and finally making the decision to purchase from you. So this takes some time, during which you have to hold on tight. But, you can't be just passively waiting for sales to grow, so I would recommend you look at these tips and see which ones you can use: You have great faith in your online shop, but why aren’t visitors converting?

Another Thing you could consider: Not all traffic is good traffic.

Traffic will only have any chance of converting to sales if they are being generated by the right consumer. If your product is for females under the age of 30, but your ads are being viewed by males over 50, that is a lot of traffic, but it will never convert to sales. So, before you spend on targeting, a good idea is to have a simple Google Trends search, that will tell you who is looking for the products you search, what is their age, gender and location. Then you can put forward some really targeted ads that are bound to generate clicks.

Here are some areas where you could consider working on

• About us

People tend to buy more from people they can easily relate to. If you share your journey, your goals, and your aspirations with your customers, it will be easier for people to connect with you. If you can create an emotional connection with your visitors, people are sure to buy products from you.

Hope this helps you. If you find it useful, leave a like to let me know! Happy Selling! Thank you and the Very Best of Luck to you! 

If you found this helpful, leave a Like to let me know.
If this answers your question, please rate this as an accepted solution :)

M, from the Business Development Team of
Cutoutwiz