First Store Launch Week! Feedback appreciated!

IllumateYourDay
2 0 0

I found out about Shopify about a month ago and set up a store. I've gotten a couple of sales from friends/family, but I want feedback to make sure other customers will like the store, and that I'm not just getting sales since they're friends or family.

https://modernillume.com

CEO & Founder of Modern Illume; Illumate your day
https://modernillume.com
Replies 3 (3)
Marty
Shopify Staff
413 67 82

Hi, @IllumateYourDay.

Thanks for your message, I would be happy to provide you with some feedback for your shop. First, congratulations on launching your Shopify store, it looks like you are offering some really fantastic products for your customers. I also really like how you have included an announcement banner, for important information and your store policies at the footer of your shop:

One thing that is missing, is any information about the inception of your brand. I would love to see an "About Us" page in the footer, main menu or even both of these areas, to learn more about you and your shop:

You could write about, where the idea came from, what your brand believes and stands for and any interesting information about your product. This helps build customer trust and retention for your store. If you are interested in adding this to your shop, we have a helpful guide that talks about writing an effective about us page here, that you can check out. 

I would also consider giving some more attention to your homepage in general. For example, you start by showcasing a single featured product, with a featured collection below when you scroll down. I might consider, at least switching the featured collection with your featured product option, just to give your customers more to look at when first visiting the shop:

I would suggest checking out this fantastic article that talks about homepage design, it walks through what you should consider including on your homepage. 

You mentioned making a few sales from family and friends, this is excellent! I may also suggest getting them to leave some reviews on the products they purchase to further build that potential interest for customers. Depending on what theme you are using, you may have a product recommendations feature built into it. The product recommendations that are displayed in the section are based on products that are commonly purchased together or products in related collections. Product recommendations become more accurate over time as more order and product information becomes available. If you are interested in this idea, we have a helpful guide that you can follow here, to see if your theme includes this option natively. You may also want to add our Product Reviews app to your shop, as you may need it to add your product reviews to your Shopify theme or a third-party theme if that is what you are using. 

Overall, you have a great-looking shop, with some fantastic products. I would focus on the above, to add that extra background detail to your brands-story and to further expand on your homepage. Next, you will want to focus on bringing more traffic into your shop. The first thing you will want to look into is optimizing your SEO or Search Engine optimization. You can use search engine optimization (SEO) to improve the search engine ranking for your store, on browsers such as Google and Firefox to help customers find your products easier. We have a guide that walks through improving your store SEO here, that I recommend taking a look through. 

Lastly, I wanted to share this article, that I love showing our merchants. It's a guide for building traffic to your shop, that goes through some important questions you should be asking about your store, such as:

• Is this a good product? A “good product” means that it’s good enough for your audience and passes their implicit cost-benefit analysis. 
  • Is there a large target market? A market is a group of people already spending money on something. Are people buying the same type of product?
  • Is there an addressable target market? An addressable market is a group of people with visible shared qualities, already spending money on something. Is there a market segment you can focus on? 
  • Is there a great product story and/or compelling copy? You might have a clear “why” for the product in contrast to competitors, but you need to translate that pitch to compelling web copy. Does your product pitch resonate with them enough to purchase?
  • Is there a low-cost way to reach this audience? The goal should be to keep customer acquisition costs low. Are there multiple ways you can reach potential customers?

It then goes on to break down some great things you can implement to help you start building your traffic. 

I hope some of this feedback helps you moving forward, please feel free to reach back out here with any questions you may have. We are always more than happy to chat with our merchants! 

Marty | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

waytoapps
Navigator
468 37 187

Hello @IllumateYourDay 

Hope you are doing good. Your store looks nice and here are few suggestions.

Make a sticky header for easy navigation. It helps customer to access menu at any time they want.

Add Testimonials or reviews on the homepage to build trust with the visitors.

Include Blog page, Blog posting will allow you to show your followers a personal side of your business. In this way you can engage with Existing and New customers.

Make social links open on new tab.

Update contact us page with more contact details. It builds trust on your store.

You can promote your products with word of mouth strategy. Boost your sales with the app from the shopify app store   which helps to increase your sales.

There is no terms and conditions checkbox at checkout. I suggest you to install an app from shopify app store which provides 'I agree to the Terms and Conditions' before checkout .As it makes easy for the customer to read your terms and policies.

Thanks,
Waytoapps
PageFly
Shopify Partner
1934 268 1411

Hi @IllumateYourDay, it's PageFly - Best Page Builder App here and I'd like to share some of my initial thoughts when first browsing through your online store. I hope that my recommendations can be beneficial to you in improving your store performance.

Make the menu sticky

A sticky navigation bar will help customers navigate themselves from every part of the homepage to any page of your store more conveniently. 

PageFly_0-1634970894666.png

Have an About us page

I recommend you have an About us page and link it to this section. A brand story helps customers understand more about your business and also helps your store look more professional.

PageFly_1-1634970921271.png

You can consider checking PageFly - Free Page Builder to create a more impressive look for your store to really increase conversion, also please take a look at this guide from PageFly, hope it helps!

By the way, the BFCM is on its way. What have you been doing to prepare for it? You can amplify your sales in the holiday season with PageFly solutions exclusively for this holiday season. All these holiday features could help you a lot in building a high-converting page. PageFly collaborated with Wilson Ho, Shopify Tech Partner Manager, to create this video that will share with you insightful tips to boost sales and reveal secrets to warm your customers up through the whole year. Let's check it out!

If you think my answer was useful, please like and mark it as a solution. Thank you and best of luck!

PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen List of Best Platforms To Sell Online.