FIRST STORE NEED FEEDBACK

Hey @devjack,

I think you are missing an incentive for people to buy. It could be a first-time purchase coupon or a free shipping bar. Adding a welcome popup is a good idea.

Also, many shoppers come and add items to their cart but leave your site without purchasing. That leaves your money on the table. You can consider adding an exit-intent popup. 

If you are looking for an app to help you with popups and email, you can check out EngageMessage

Wish you good luck with your business!

devjack
Tourist
13 0 1

Wait how do you know they come to my site add to cart then leave how did you see that ? Aldo I don't know how to add the first time buyer free shipping stuff with popups I'm still learning all this stuff @EngageMessage 

devjack
Tourist
13 0 1

ok ill be waiting on the message on the whatsapp 

0 Likes

Hi @devjack 

No worries, it's always hard in the beginning. You have a good start and I'm happy that I can help!

This is how the exit-intent popups work: a shopper visits your store and adds an item to the cart, but moves the mouse to close the window or switch to a different browser tab, the EngageMessage app will identify it as an exit-intent behavior and a pop up will show. The pop up shows "Don't go, how about a 10% discount?" and asks for the shopper's email address. Then the app will automatically send a coupon with an auto-generated coupon code to the shopper's inbox. You get the customer and you can keep in contact with the customer.

I can also explain how the free shipping bar works, just send you a direct message. 

devjack
Tourist
13 0 1

@EngageMessage I just noticed that I didn't have my shipping policies on my site i just added that and you can message me.

0 Likes
DramaRoc57
Tourist
7 0 0

Thanks for sharing your tips and for supporting me in my small business adventure that will soon be successful enough to meet my family needs. 

0 Likes
yetry48
1 0 1

Yes exactly its very well managed looking store according to the product categories I like your efforts. It has so many similarities with my store you can seehere.

DramaRoc57
Tourist
7 0 0

Ty very much but the truth is my store needs more eye catching moments..lol 

0 Likes
CartTurbo
Pathfinder
84 5 25

You should never use entry pop-ups. They do more damage to user experience than just about anything other than load times.

And exit pop-ups detract from an online brand’s credibility. They make you seem needy and insecure.

Ethan Zuckerman, the creator of the pop-ups apologized in 2014 for creating “one of the most hated tools” in online marketing.

Entry pop-ups break the flow that is happening as someone is entering your site.

You’re putting up a barrier between your visitors and the information they’re seeking.

It's bad for the web, it’s a bad marketing practice.

The fact that pop-up blockers are built into many browsers confirms this. After market ad-block extensions are further proof.

Get rid of the pop-ups and force yourself to build a stronger, healthier content strategy.

You've got a lot of options in the navbar and the more options you give the less likely it is that I'll make a purchase. It might be better to move at least half those to the footer.

0 Likes