Looking for feedback for my shop.

www.collectivethreadco.com

Replies 8 (8)
Marty
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
512 74 97

Hi @jennarose.

Thank you for your message and for sharing your store link, I would be happy to provide you with some feedback.

I love the colour scheme, easy-to-use menu system and product photography on your page, however, I do notice your slideshow images, as well as your logo, are blurry.

I really like your logo and the two promotional photos you are using for your slide, but I recommend re-uploading them to improve their resolution. Feel free to take a look at our Uploading images page here for more information on uploading the best quality images you can to your store. If you are using a third-party theme, I recommend reaching out to your Theme's developer to ensure you are uploading images per their upload requirements.

Apart from your slideshow and logo images, I really love the product photography and layout you have created. I did notice you did not include an About us section for your shop unless I am missing it? An About us section is a great way for customers to learn more about you and your brand and why they should shop from you rather than other stores that may be in your market. We have a really helpful guide on writing an effective About us page here that could be useful.

You do have this section on the homepage, which I love, especially the link to your blog:

But I would suggest creating a separate Page with more detailed About us information and then linking it in your main menu, so customers have quick access to this information. 

Once you have created your About us page, you can link it in your admin under Online store>Themes>Navigation and by clicking "Main menu." We have a guide for editing menu items here that you can follow along with if you need it!

Overall a really great-looking storefront with some awesome products, just a few suggestions moving forward to make this look even more professional. Please feel free to reach back out here if you have any questions, we are always happy to talk! 

Marty | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

puneet_unbundl
Shopify Partner
37 3 11

Hi,

This is Puneet from unbundl. 

I gave a look to your website specially in mobile view. Here are my thoughts:

• Navigation bar is very heavy. Too many elements are close to each other
  • The banners are not optimised for mobile. You would ideally want a square or rectangular banner
  • Images in the Angel Collection section are not of same size. It looks very haphazard
  • Shop Collections at the end of page is empty
  • For price and links, choose a darker and bold font
  • Product Page:
    • Images in product are not of same size. It hampers the customer experience
    • Add to cart and buy now button is very light
    • Sticky add to cart is always a plus
    • Do change this font: #91c2ba everywhere. It is very light
  • Overall, the vibe of website is good. Just that fonts are very light and it becomes difficult to read them
jennarose
Explorer
67 0 13

Hi! I fixed it up a little bit, can you please give me your feedback now? Much appreciated! www.collectivethreadco.com

JonathanBecuase
Pathfinder
90 7 31

Hi there! 

Love your store and the overall theme and colors. 

Great use of product photography and using people in your product photography. Just by looking at your product pages, I would definitely add some banners above the cart pages. It's a great way to clean up the product pages, reduce text and have everything flow more nicely. It also would allow you to add customer reviews, promo codes around special seasons or product reviews.

I also love your about us and that can easily be translated (and the story told) through product page banners. Don't underestimate the value of storytelling. 

I would also add some images here that best represent each of these collections. 

Screen Shot 2021-07-20 at 5.00.56 PM.png

Hope that helps. 

Content Marketing - https://apps.shopify.com/because
Because: Grow your Shopify store revenue with Because product page banners
PageFly
Shopify Partner
2485 341 1664

Hi @jennarose 

This is PageFly - Free Landing Page Builder. I would love to provide my recommendation for your store based on 5 years of providing solutions for about 100.000 active Shopify merchants.

Add favicon to your store

Having a favicon for your store will make your store unique and help customers easily recognize it. You can check this article to know how to add it.

1. Home page

1.1 Make the menu sticky

A sticky menu header helps customers to reach out to the menu and access the menu anytime they want. The menu has a search bar, and making a search bar prominent is very important. This helps customers feel rest assured and they can search anytime when they scroll up or down on the home page.

1.2 Add the CTA button on the slideshow

Collective Thread Co _ Daughter of an Angel T-shirts 2021-07-21 08-04-42.png

A primary call to action button is one of the important things for a home page of an online store.

With this button, you will redirect customers to the page you want them to take action mostly. It can redirect to a collection page, or a product page, etc. This really helps to increase the conversion rate for your store.

On each slide, you can redirect to each collection of your store.

1.2 Add section about your brand story

A business can stand out with its brand story. A brand story helps customers understand more about your business and also helps your store look more professional. 

You can consult my Centic template

Centic R2 – PageFly 2021-06-26 18-48-19.png

1.3 Update collection images

Collective Thread Co _ Daughter of an Angel T-shirts 2021-07-21 08-05-19.png

1.4 Show some product details 

You can show some product details of some featured products on the home page so that customers can quickly view them and this attracts customers more to go to product pages.

1.5 Add testimonial - customer reviews

You can show rating stars for each product or you can add customer reviews as text and photos.

You can use Loox or Yotpo app to review widgets with photos gallery because both of them integrate with PageFly already. 

Moreover, you can check this guide to pick the best reviews app for your store!

1.6 Display social media

As usual, social media is one of the effective ways to get more traffic and make a good connection with your customers. By displaying social media such as Instagram (or Facebook, Twitter) and constantly updating the feed.

2. Product page

I take this page for example https://www.collectivethreadco.com/products/best-seller-crewneck

2.1 Add more images of the human model

You can add images of the human model taking the product so customers can approximate the information such as length, overall fit.

To approximate the information such as overall fit, how it looks on their body, you need to provide images of the product being worn on a human model because if some of the customers take a lot of time to think about how the products on their bodies, they can stop buying and find other websites.

2.2 Use color swatches instead of color variant dropdown

By using color swatches, customers can easily see all colors of the product and they don't have to click the dropdown menu many times. Customers will find it difficult to identify and compare colors because colors are all hidden within the drop-down menu. The color swatches look like this:

#849_ Always Use Swatches as the Selector for Color Variations – Product Variations – Product Page – Research Catalog – Baymard… 2021-07-11 12-28-34.png

You will need a product options app: Product Options and Customizers or Product Personalizer by Zepto. They both integrate with PageFly.

=> What helps you to build your store more easily, especially what helps you to build all options I comment on above is a page builder.

It would be a good choice for you to have professional sites that look incredible on mobile & desktop without any extra coding, and you will have lots more time focusing on marketing strategies, so you can consider checking PageFly.

If you feel my answer is helpful, like it or give it a thumb up. Let me know if you have any questions. Cheers!

PageFly!

PageFly- Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen List of Best Platforms To Sell Online.

Tuecus
Shopify Partner
2589 78 376

Hi @jennarose 

Just had look into your store, it's Looking great. I observed few lags on your website, try to implement following feedback to increase traffic. I hope those are helpful for our store.

In product page implement Wishlist and customer reviews.

Untitled.png

With the Recently Viewed Products  your customers can easily and directly get back to the items they were looking at. It shows your customer the products they were already interested in, nudging them to buy those products and helps in boosts your sales.

In homepage implement testimonial or reviews
Screenshot (110).png

Rewards system is to attract the customers to stay connected with your product or service. Rewards are a powerful tool you want to harness if you want people to keep coming back to your website. This even makes the customers feel valued. You can grant reward for subscription, login, birthdays, Referrals .

You can Add Trust Badges  at your product page.

Social logins have as many benefits for businesses as they do for users. It reduces the number of steps between arriving on the site and buying to improve conversions. One-click logins also decrease abandonment - new users don't have yet another password to remember.

Thanks
Team Tuecus

Apps Developer Team |
@Elist eBay Integration
@Tuecus-Customer Page
@Aliexpress Dropshipping & More
If the my answer is helpful to you? Click Like/Accept Solution to let me Know!!
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4161 244 729

Hey @jennaroseThis is AiTrillion- an All-in-one Marketing Platform on Shopify. Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase:

- The first fold of the website should always have a call to action in it -and here’s why; in most cases placing the CTA above the fold works wonders for your campaigns. This placement immediately draws your visitors’ attention to your CTA which is always good for conversions.

AiTrillion_0-1626858822518.png

- Add a call to action button on these below images. 

AiTrillion_1-1626858939271.png

- On the homepage, add a section of trending and new arrivals products. 

Add an announcement bar with a call to action button on it to highlight important information that you don't want your customers to miss out on & make them take action from it.

- Add a review section on the product page. Refer to the below image. 

AiTrillion_2-1626859585842.png

You can start giving Loyalty Points and Rewards to WOW your customers. This will increase repeat purchases and customer lifetime value by giving points and rewards that give customers more reasons to return to your store.

- Add product recommendations on the cart page. This will you with upselling & cross-selling. 

To add the above marketing engagement tools there are many apps available in the Shopify app store. Instead of installing multiple apps, you can install the all-in-one Shopify app AiTrillion and get all the benefits of marketing features in a single app to drive conversions. 

P.S- Free plan available.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
jennarose
Explorer
67 0 13

GREAT ADVICE!! THANK YOU SO MUCH.

I am not sure how to add a call to action button on those spots you showed me. I can somewhat edit the codes but those may be too in depth for me 😞