FROM CACHE - en_header

Getting traffic, add to carts, check outs but nopurchases

HelloBehen
1 0 0

Hi there,

i just started a new dropshipping site and im hoping someone can help me find the issue with my site. I’m running an Instagram account and some ads through facebook business manager and im getting some traffic that then add to baskets and sometimes even checkouts but rarely any purchases. The site is 3 weeks old and I have had 2 sales. I do see people browsing around the site and subscribing - I have Klaviyo installed to capture this data.

I’m just wondering if someone can help me figure out what’s stopping a user from converting?

I also am struggling with a slow site - its dropped 20 points in 2 weeks from 59 to 29 but i barely have 4 apps installed.

Please help!

www.hellobehen.com.au

Replies 2 (2)
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4161 244 730

Hello @HelloBehen, I hope you are doing well! Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase:

- All the products must be aligned with each other. Make your store more organized.

- There should not be blank space in the header.  

- The home page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. Slideshow Image- Collection List- Product Recommendations- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- Instagram Feed.

- You need to engage your visitors coming to your site by giving loyalty reward points which will increase repeat purchase and customer lifetime value. You can add web push notifications which will help you to retarget your customers anytime even when they are not in your store. This will help you to run your store smoothly and decrease the bounce rate and will capture your visitors and convert them into prospective or paying customers. You will be able to retain your customers for the long term.

Entice customers by giving them loyalty points on activities like sign up, leaving a review, allowing push notification, visiting a store, on birthdays, and more. This will help you to increase the email and push subscribers. You can then run email and push campaigns to reach your customers on the basis of customer behavior. This helps in increasing the conversion and retention rate.

- You can add a countdown timer to create urgency for your promotions or offers with the countdown timer bar and motivate your customers to buy more from the store. It helps in increasing sales.

Moreover, if you would like to implement the above customer engagement features/ marketing tools in your store I suggest you to install the 'All in one' Shopify app AiTrillion, a full-fledged marketing solution. It will help you to capture visitors coming to your store and will help in getting more conversions.

Hope this helps!

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
JohnCodes
Shopify Partner
134 10 74

Hi @HelloBehen 

I'd like to chime in on your speed score decrease.

Your site seems to be performing pretty fast for me. It's worth noting that Shopify's Speed Report is based on Google's Lighthouse engine so your score doesn't necessarily mean you have a slow site. We have a few detailed articles if you're interested in learning more:

You should be able to navigate into your Online Store Speed report on Shopify and it should detail if any apps were installed before the steep drop in your score. This is a good way to narrow down if an app is causing the issue or if it's something else. If a certain app is causing the issue, then it's worth considering an alternative or uninstalling it completely.

Keep in mind that uninstalling an app doesn't guarantee that the code has been removed from your theme, so even after uninstalling it, it would be a good idea to go through your main theme files to ensure the code has actually been taken out.

There are a few other optimization methods you might be able to benefit from:

Defer any non-essential scripts. This allows the page to only load what's necessary upfront and then continues loading everything else after. Here's a code snippet on how to do so.

<script src="somefile.js" defer></script>

Optimize images. It looks like some of your slideshow images are adding over 1 second to your overall load times. I would make sure that all desktop images are no larger than 1500px and mobile images are no larger than 960px. You can check out the image optimization portion of our article: How To Optimize A Shopify Site: Complete Guide To Faster Load Speed for more details.

If you need any optimization help or would like a free analysis, feel free to reach out to us at speedboostr.com/contact.

Best of luck!

Developer at SpeedBoostr (Shopify optimization and dev agency).
Try out our Shopify Analyzer (free performance analysis tool).
Check out Order Automator (app that auto tags + fulfills orders, and more automation)
More Apps: Theme Scientist (A/B testing tool), Tip Jar (add a tip button to your store), File Optimizer (optimize CSS, JS, Liquid)