Getting traffic but no sales

MVUNIVERSITY
Tourist
7 0 4

Hi Shopify Community,

I have spent a lot of money on redesigning my store and getting traffic but I'm not converting to sales. I would love any suggestions or feedback on my store.

mv-university.myshopify.com 

Shopipro
Tourist
15 0 2

Traffic but NO Sales? Here is Why
Find the most common reasons and solutions for not getting any sales even after getting enough traffic.
First off, it is not uncommon to get traffic but no sales. Secondly, the reasons for not getting sales are very common. So, hopefully, you WILL find the reason and a solution for your “traffic but no sales” situation here.

Why you are not getting sales even after getting enough traffic?
Here are the 10 most common reasons for online store owners “traffic but no sales” headache.

Slow page loading
Too many popups
Poor branding design
Low quality product photos
Not having enough product specifications
Too complicated checkout process
Over or under pricing strategy
Not recovering the abandoned carts
Hard to navigate website
Wrong landing page from ads

Hope that is helpful.

Hi @MVUNIVERSITY 

This is PageFly - Free Landing Page Builder. I would love to provide my advice for your store based on 6 years of providing solutions for about 100.000 active Shopify merchants.

I have just taken a quick look at your website and I picked up some plus points are:

• Have a favicon for your store - which makes your store look unique and professional.
  • Having a sticky menu: This helps customers to reach out to the menu and access the navigation bar anytime they want.  

However, I would like to give you some suggestions about your store so that you could consider changing and hope that the conversion rate is increased accordingly.

1. Resize the header space

The header is great but it takes up a lot of space so when I scroll down, not much information can be displayed and it is easily overlooked. Thus, I highly recommend you order the navigation to the left corner and move the “search” icon to the right. Also, The banner “​​Welcome to MV University®” should be merged with the notification bar above it OR turned into a pop up with special offers. I bet it would be more interesting to the visitors.

PageFly_0-1631674756657.png

2. Having featured gif with prominent CTA button

The background gif on your page seems to play at high speed and it is hard for me to catch up with what you are selling within the 5 first minutes of accessing your store. Therefore, I’d love to suggest you change it into another featured banner/gif/video that not only shows your products but also catches the attention of the customers from the beginning.

Moreover, a primary call to action button is one of the important things for a home page of an online store. With this button, you will redirect customers to the page you want them to take action mostly. It can redirect to a collection page, or a product page, probably enhancing the conversion rates. As you can see in the screenshot below, the CTA button is regarded to be too small to be seen and its color is not outstanding in the background. Please kindly take a look at it and decide on a new position or a new color.

PageFly_1-1631674756974.png

3. Having hover state for the collections

The layout is ideal in this section. But it could be even better if you could add the hover state for the collection. This solution could make your page more professional and could evoke the customer’s curiosity as well.

PageFly_2-1631674756625.png

4. Adjust Space for paragraphs

Just a minor thing but you should care. If the paragraph have some space with the block outside, it would be nice from my point of view.

PageFly_3-1631674756663.png

5. CTA buttons

And, it would be ideal if all CTA buttons have the same styling because it helps enhance the conversion rate. The sections below have CTA buttons with different styling from the CTA button on the top section. Please take another look at it!

PageFly_4-1631674757475.png

PageFly_5-1631674757001.png

6. Image Quality 

It is the key point here as you know, the images will always win the customers’ hearts before the texts. That’s why you should pay attention to improve the image quality in the section below.

PageFly_6-1631674756644.png

Last but not least, here are my other recommendations for you, feel free to consider them applied to your store:

• Add testimonials section: It is of great importance because your brand trust can be enhanced. You can check this guide to pick the best reviews app for your store!
  • Add a section about your brand story: A business can stand out with its brand story. A brand story helps customers understand more about your business and also helps your store look more attractive.

=> What helps you to build your store more easily, especially what helps you to build all options I comment on above is a page builder.

It would be a good choice for you to have professional sites that look incredible on mobile & desktop without any extra coding, and you will have lots more time focusing on marketing strategies, so you can consider checking PageFly.

If you feel my answer is helpful, please give me a LIKE. Let me know if you have any questions. 

Cheers!

PageFly

PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen List of Best Platforms To Sell Online.

Growave
Shopify Partner
1067 33 370

Hi @MVUNIVERSITY 

All-in-one marketing platform Growave is here. In general, your store looks good and has a pleasant design and visual appeal. You have done a great job.  I would recommend considering more eCommerce marketing tools.

First of all, I would recommend you to check web analytics to see how people behave on your site. I suppose one of the reasons for experiencing low conversion rates could be that visitors don’t trust you. 

• You can consider the Referral program 

in order to give your existing customers an opportunity of sharing your products with friends and getting rewarded for that. Once you get your first clients, try to gain more orders through existing ones. 

• Implement Social Login,

so your customers can log in using their Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Yahoo, Tumblr, Instagram, or Amazon accounts. It simplifies the login process and enables one-click signup through social media, which makes your store user-friendly. Meanwhile gathered data through social login can be studied for customer retention and client analysis.

• Add Wishlist

It reduces shopping cart abandonment and fulfills sales from customers who showed intent but didn't purchase. If the items on the Wishlist have not been purchased, automated emails will be sent out as a reminder.

• Add Instagram gallery on your Shopify Store

You can turn your Instagram content and user-generated content into a shoppable gallery and allow your customers to shop directly from the posts. Showcasing shoppable Instagram galleries across your site will increase product discovery and drive inspiration. Link your Instagram profile to the store and drive traffic to your site as well as to your profile

1.png

Test Growave during the free trial period to check whether it works for you. The app contains 5 efficient marketing features that will help you with sales and traffic such as Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards & Loyalty, Social Login, a shoppable Instagram gallery on Shopify store under one dashboard. I hope it will work for you.

In order to install a free trial, please press here

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Login + more

Increase conversions with ease here
0 Likes
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4017 240 732

Hello @MVUNIVERSITYThis is AiTrillion- an All-in-one Marketing Platform on Shopify. I would love to share my thoughts for your store based on 9 years of experience with Shopify for over 1000's active Shopify merchants and hope that my sharing will help you improve your store performance.

- Add a 'shop now' button on the collection as shown in the below the screenshot. 

AiTrillion_0-1631708112869.png

- Give product recommendations on the cart pages.

- Add a section of trending products on the homepage. 

- Add a review carousel on the homepage. 

You should add a loyalty rewards program to your store. You can give loyalty points to your customers on activities like on signing up, leaving a review, allowing for push notification, visiting a store, on birthdays, on first purchase, follow/ share on social media. This will help you to entice customers and will increase the number of push subscribers, email subscribers. This will also help you in collecting the review. You can send an in-email review form to your customers. This can be sent automatically.

Integration of loyalty rewards program with web push notification, review, email marketing and with full automation results in wonders for the eCommerce stores. It will help you in increasing conversions and sales in your store and retain the customers for the long term. 

To add the above marketing engagement tools to optimize the conversions of your store there are many apps available in the Shopify app store. Instead of installing multiple apps, you can install the all-in-one Shopify app AiTrillion and get all the benefits of marketing features in a single app to drive conversions. 

Hope this helps!

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes
ArdentLingerie
Tourist
3 0 1

All these pieces of advice, and the biggest one for me

get yourself a domain, using the full shopify url immediatly would fill me with "this is a scam site" , for reasons that i wont go into, its become almost common knowledge that the shopify platform hosts plenty of scam / theft / dodgy sites and just outrightly admitting it before they even see your product / store is asking for trouble.

If you cannot invest the max £/$5 in a domain name then i'd question your business plan for rest of it, there is no reason to not buy a domain that is suitable