So I made my first store 2 months ago, I kept improving it (added GDPR, discount popups, reviews, lots of payment options) my profit margin is not even that high (no more than 30%) on my main products. I got over 300 visitors just this week. My Facebook ads CPC is $0.10 which is good but no sales yet 😞 is there anything I am missing out? Any help would be apreciated!
This is my store
Congratulations on getting started with your store!
It's great that you're running ads and monitoring spending, and it's great that you've added all those elements to the site itself and are seeing traffic.
But what is glaringly missing from your site is any kind of branding, and I discuss everything you need to have your site in my blog on branding fundamentals.
You cannot buy your sales, and your homepage is only one part of the customer's journey. So you'll need content for your store. You'll need an about us page. You'll need a target audience. And you'll need customer avatars.
We do have a great treasure trove of resources on branding in our Shopify Academy which I highly recommend you checkout.
Aside from paid marketing, what other marketing strategies are you thinking of?
It's great that you've made improvements to your store and have received a decent amount of traffic, but there could be several reasons why you're not seeing sales yet:
Poor product presentation: Consider enhancing product descriptions, images and videos to better showcase the products.
Unattractive pricing: Make sure your prices are competitive, and consider offering discounts or free shipping to incentivize purchases.
Checkout experience: Make sure the checkout process is smooth and easy to follow, with clear payment options and minimal steps.
Targeting: Make sure your Facebook ads are targeted to the right audience, consider testing different audiences and refining your targeting.
Reviews: Encourage customers to leave reviews, this can increase trust in your brand and help with conversions.
Limited Payment Options: Consider adding more payment options to make checkout easier for customers.
Marketing strategy: Consider expanding your marketing strategy beyond Facebook ads to reach a larger audience, for example, using email marketing or influencer marketing.
Consider testing and experimenting with these different elements to see what works best for your store and audience.
@putanex I took a look at your store and I have two major tips I think would help
1) Get a FAQ page. This would help provide answers for questions that would most likely be in the minds of customers.
2) Display what others are doing or have done recently in your store to fellow customers. This can serve as a source of motivation to push them forward to take that next step of purchasing a product. The Show Recent Orders App https://apps.shopify.com/show-recent-orders helps perform this task to a high level and I think you should use it for this purpose.
This is Victor from PageFly - Shopify Page Builder App. I have just had a look at your store. I have just some small things I'd suggest for your Homepage and Product page for a better chance of gaining sales. May it help!
1. Add favicon to your store
Having a favicon for your store will make your store unique and help customers easily recognize it.
2. Resize the header
If the header is too big, it will affect your customer’s experience. For the best clarity, you should decrease the size of the header.
3. Highlight the product price and product title
Increase the product price and title visibility by using a large font size, bold text style, or eye-catching color.
4. Have an announcement section
Basically, the announcement bar will announce information about shipping and discount or any promotion campaign of a store. For example, a Countdown timer is a tip to encourage customers to make decisions quickly.
You can check this image for reference:
5. Showcase Instagram
As usual, social media is one of the effective ways to get more traffic and make a good connection with your customers. Display social media such as Instagram and constantly update the feed.
1. Make the price more visible
To make the price more attractive, you should increase its font size or color:
2. Include both User rating average and number of ratings for product
When you are getting feedback and rating from customers, you can take into consideration adding them. Many users rely on ratings and reviews to select products and displaying them right on each product in the first place can quickly build your credibility.
These are some suggestions for improving the design.
Furthermore, for the upcoming Valentine's Day, will you run any campaigns? Here are some promotion ideas for your campaigns, I hope they will be useful for you.
1. Personalize Your Offer for Valentine's Day
Gift-giving is almost like a ritual on Valentine’s day. You can make the most out of it by offering products around Valentine's theme.
2. Mention Your Delivery Time & Rates Clearly
Delivery time is one of those things that can make or break your business. And if it’s some holiday, buyers take the delivery dates too seriously. To convert these visitors into potential buyers, mention your delivery dates clearly across your website, app, and emails. Also, specify the last date to place an order to reach on time.
3. Create Gift Guides
As mentioned earlier, Valentine’s Day is the season of gift-giving. But, when it comes to finding a perfect gift, people have what’s called a perpetual dilemma.
You can do this by making Valentine's day gift guide. Break the guide into sections based on gender, interests, or personality traits like this:
Let me know if you have any questions.
Good luck and have a nice day!
Victor | PageFly
Hello @putanex ,
We are OneCommerce - an eCommerce Solution Platform.
1. For your store design improvement, we have few suggestions here:
- Your logo looks kind of basics and not eye-catching, the color palette also not a trending color theme. The Black background made everything looks basic
- Set the price "From" may confuse the customer, try to set it as the exact price you want to sell
- The "Finding Icon" on the left may not comfortable for customer to reach
- You can save this space to show a collection or an introduction to your business instead of a products (you already have a production section shown above this)
- Some of your reviews don't include the products image, consider to add them to have the synchronization.
- Moving menu when scroll up kind of annoying, you can consider to make it sticky, customer can easily access to any information that they need. Furthermore, the promotion code not really catch the eye, you can make it better or change the shape into different shape to attract customer
- You can consider to move the "About us" button to the center, lay it in the corner may confuse the customer when scrolling through un-labeled pictures
- You can dive in and make your business story more attractive, customers really love to know the details how this business was come up and what it is for, consider to use the SEO to increase your impression rate
2. For your page speed improvement, we checked your store page speed on PageSpeed Insights here . Your site perform well on desktop but not really good on mobile. You can consider to:
We notice that you're running Valentine's Day promotion. Besides sale- off promotion, you can create a gift guidelines for customer to increase the revenue rate.
Hope these suggestions can help you. If you need any further supports, don't be hesitate to contact us.
It will encourage us to dig in and provide more useful informations a lot if you can hit the Like button or mark this as Accepted Solution.
On our Shopify Expert Marketplace, you can find many trusted third party developers and fr...By Arno Nov 27, 2023
You've downloaded the Search & Discovery app from the Shopify App store, and as you're ...By Skye Nov 8, 2023