So I've had some sales recently from direct sources and from social media but I want to know anything that I should change about the site to generate more sales.
The site it https://filthyfewskateboards.com/ It's a skateboard and streetwear company based in Scotland and Barcelona.
It's refreshing to see someone selling their own unique type of products. It's also great that you are making sales already.
For the broader appeal of generating more sales from other sources, I think you will need to up your game. You may want to do more to capture more people on your home page. And that can be done by making some few small changes. I'd say take a look at some of your favorite small brands, and look at their home page, see what you can take and add to yours to make it more professional and captivating.
That could include:
In reality these are the things I can see on the front end. It's usually much more complicated than that. When trying to appeal to the general public, you'll need to attract new visitors to your online store via advertisement or organic search. Then you need to make sure the people actually convert on your site and that means you need to look at it from different perspectives not just conversion rate, but bounce rate, time on page, cart abandonment rate, and product detail view rate at the minimum to understand what can be improved.
If you would like, I can provide a free analytics consultation and set up which involves:
If you are interested just send me your email in a private message and we can work together more efficiently via email.
If you have any questions, I'm open to being fully transparent. I'm really just looking for some positive reviews for my app.
That’s great to hear that you’ve been able get some sales from direct sources and social media.
Question: Is most of your traffic on mobile or desktop? Or is it about even? The reason I ask is that the experience is vastly different on both.
This is where I think you can do the most improvement. In the current order, the focus is on you rather than the products. I would suggest using heatmaps though to see where people are clicking, including on popular products, to focus on what your visitors and customers want.
For example, instead of Home | About Us | Catalog | Filthy Few Films | Gallery, I would do: Home | Tees | Sweatshirts | Skateboard Decks | All Products
Also, consider moving your About Us, Filthy Few Films and Gallery to your footer unless these get a higher amount of clicks.
Session recordings, which act like a DVR for your website, will help you see how people are moving through your site now and evaluate it as you make improvements.
You’ve really done a good job here laying out the foundation of a great store. Visitor behavior is really going to make a huge difference in helping you find out what THEY experience and lead you in making improvements that result in more sales. Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings, live chat, polls and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at US $10/month.
I hope this helps! Good luck!
Hello @FilthyFew ,
I just had a look at your store, your store looks great. I have a few suggestions for you hope they might help you.
I hope our feedback helps you.
Hi @FilthyFew welcome to Shopify family
I hope your business is going well during these difficult times. I checked your store website, and I have a few tips and feedback I'd like to share,
1. Wishlist is an effective way to reduce shopping cart abandonment and fulfill sales from customers who showed intent but didn't end up purchasing.
2. Engaging the audience by writing blogs and posting them on different social media platforms with good titles. You can add Linkedin, twitter as well to the list of social media platforms.
3. You can add a theme to the store instead of white. The addition of video to a landing page increases conversations by 80%. evaluate your competitor’s websites after browsing through a few of their websites, compare your findings to your own site.
4. Ask your customers to rate your products as this will help build trust and loyalty for the brand.
5. Addition of most viewed or most liked section on your homepage will significantly increase the percentage of gallery review
6. You need to create urgency and social proof on your store for that you need to Adding visually attractive stickers like a number to products left, upcoming sales, In trend will grab the attention and excite the customer.
I hope this helps!
I think your store has a lot of potential. I think your products are interesting and with more focus on bolstering content on the home and product pages, it will go a long way.
I recommend checking out our Shopify design articles to get inspiration and ideas on how to build a great looking webpage with Shopify. Homepage Design 101 is a recommended resource to check out! Specifically, I would consider adding additional sections to your homepage (Featured Collections, Collection List, etc.) that you can showcase relevant products to your customers right off the bat. For example, with it being summer time, showcasing your t shirts and skateboards is probably best, since they will likely be your top sellers in the warmer months.
If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.
So I just went through your store and it looks clean overall. I will suggest adding some colors to the store website to make it more appealing to buyers. Currently there is so much white in my opinion. As the Skateboards Life is very adventurous and filled with energy. Also, the menus don't look good to me as well. You should put the main product menus first and then put the About menu.
And I think the header image that you added is kind of not fitting well in there. Try using a better one.
I hope this helps 🙂 I wish you success in your career.
Hello @FilthyFew, here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase:
- There is a lot of blank space in the header.
- Home Page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. Slideshow Image- Collection List- New/ trending/ recently viewed products- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- Instagram Feed.
To add sections of trending, new, recently viewed products you can install AiTrillion and simply enable the product recommendations.
- Showcase reviews on the home page or create an exclusive page that will build more trust in visitors.
- Setup announcement bars or timers to promote your offers on the store. AiTrillion has pre-designed templates of announcement bar, timer & sales motivator bars.
- You can start giving loyalty points to your customers on different activities like signing up, visiting a store, making a purchase, allowing for push notifications, share/ follow on social media. This will help you to entice your customers and retain them. You can reward your customers in order to redeem those points. When you will give points to them they will come again in the future to make a purchase in order to redeem those points. This encourages repeat purchases which increase sales and helps in retaining your customers.
- Setup web push notifications on your store and it will help you in reaching your customers and visitors directly.
If you would like to implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to install the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. I am sure you will find it useful.
Hope this Helps!