Hello there, i just start my home decor niche store on May 2020 and got about 20 sales within a month. On the very first 2 weeks sales came consistently then stop. So i paused ads and started again on 27 May. i started getting some sales However, Since 5 June i have no sales at all. Most of my sales are same products and category, I have no idea what i have done wrong. I use Google shopping ads to drive my visitors. this is my website https://minimalistnordic.com/
if you dont mind having my website audit, it would be appreciated.
Thank you so much
I guess you have used Shopify's default settings and are using Smart Shopping. Smart Shopping is ok, if you have enough data to feed it.
It requires at least 25 sales in the last 45 days (more better) and a consistent flow of sales.
It also requires the remarketing tag to be installed correctly where the id matches the id in the feed: https://feedarmy.com/kb/adding-google-adwords-remarketing-tag-to-shopify/
If the conversion data is not great, consider using Standard Shopping campaigns. This does require more work an knowhow, but will provide better results.
Smart shopping is great when it works, but when it fails, there is not much you can do about it.
Also data feed quality is a big factor, so make sure you add all the requirements and recommendations: https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/7052112?hl=en
Hope this helps.
thanks for your comment. I do not use smart shopping. only search and Google shopping ads. still confused why data results are inconsistent.
Google Shopping ads can be smart or standard. Double check, if you can see search terms in the campaign, you are using standard.
Incosistent data is common and you will need to analyze your account, such as auction insight, traffic, what changed in the feed, did you make a price change. And hundreds of other things.
Unfortunately there is no 1 answer to help fix your issue. Carefully inspect and analyze your account and data feed.
It is hard to tell what exactly affected your sales, but it seems to be some external factor. I am assuming it must have some changes on the platform that you were running ads on or maybe you have changed something in the ads.
There are two possible factors here;
-If the traffic is the same, but the bounce rate is higher than it is the settings and filters of the ads that are working incorrectly.
-If you stopped getting traffic than the ads must have been broken
In both options though, it is best to take a close look into the setting and maybe consider things that have been going in the world, or your country at the time when you had sales and when you stopped.
But let me tell you, you have one of the best home decor selling sites I have seen in a long time. So there is no way that your site is the issue of the sales.
Hopefully, you find the issue soon and start getting sales again 🙂
And, if you have a couple of minutes, take a look at my app Growave that has 6 marketing features in one. I think you will find it quite interesting for your site as well!
Hello @teetawat ,
I just had a look at your store, it looks really great, there are few suggestions from my side, hope that helps you
Hope our feedback helps you,
Thank you for deep analysis. I have run normal shopping campaign not smart shopping camapign. The products that consume a lot of my budgets are the same as the products that converted. However, ROI is not that good. I have excluded products that not get impression and low clicks. for add to cart/ initiate checkout rate is the same, not change so much
Thank you. Very helpful to know. I would look at negative keywords next to see if you can eliminate any unwanted clicks while also improving your cost per conversion https://support.google.com/google-ads/answer/6275313?hl=en.
Marketing Strategy @ Deep Varnish
Your store looks pretty great on the first look, good job! There might be some issues with the ads - I would strongly suggest following the advice the people above have given. I don’t think the problem lies in your website. I do have a few observations though:
I hope your problem gets solved.
I'm just wondering if you ever figured out what happened to your sales. I've suddenly experienced something similar and wondering if you have any advice.
@harri193 are you using smart shopping or standard shopping. Please provide as much detail as possible. Each merchant is different and what is correct for 1 merchant is not the same for another.
Hello @teetawat, Sachin here, from the AiTrillion-an All-in-one Marketing Platform on Shopify. Thanks for posting! I've taken a look at your store, and see that your store's overall appearance is visually appealing, and must say you worked hard to make it live. Here are few suggestions that you can work on to drive sales & conversions:
- Add a favicon.
- Add a call to action button on the announcement bar to let customers take an action on it.
- Add a review carousel on the homepage. It helps in building trust with other visitors.
- Make sure you are using email marketing automation to reach out your customers in real-time.
- Just a heads up! Enable automatic workflow emails/push for abandoned cart, win back old customers, welcome email, purchase follow-up, or browse abandoned customers.
- Add exit-intent popup. Track when someone is about to leave your website and show the visitor exit-intent popup with attractive offers and coupon code to complete the purchase.
- For getting more conversions and sales you can target your customers by sending automated emails that help to improve the relevancy and timeliness of your campaigns. You can use triggers and workflows to automatically send messages to consumers after they take a specific action. For some reason unknown to you, they leave without making a purchase but with email automation, you can make sure that this user receives an email shortly after they abandoned their cart, reminding them of what they left behind and asking if they need help completing their purchase. In this case, email marketing automation turns a missed opportunity into an opportunity to build a stronger relationship and make a sale.
Hope this helps!
To add the above marketing engagement tools there are many apps available in the Shopify app store. Instead of installing multiple apps, you can install the all-in-one Shopify app AiTrillion and get all the benefits of marketing features in a single app to drive conversions.
P.S- Free plan available.
Connect your PayPal account to allow your customers to checkout using the PayPal gateway a...By Ollie Jul 28, 2022