We've had just over 400 customers throughout the few years the shop has been online. I am definitely looking to get more traffic. We get anywhere from 5 to 50 store sessions a day, which I would like to increase greatly, but don't know how other than promoting social media posts. We also want to increase our conversion rate, which is the main reason for getting feedback on the website itself.
We greatly appreciate those of you kind enough to take the time to share what you have learned.
Our store is cultivateteaandspice.com
Thanks so much!
Hey Jon (@cultivatelove),
Your main goal is conversions so with everything you do locally, make sure to include a business card with a discount for their next online order. This will create awareness that you have an online shop. Here is how to create a discount code:
You could also offer incentives such as free local delivery (which I see you have set up, awesome!):
Another thing you could do for marketing that would help you expand outside the local umbrella is to create videos of you making your blends. You could either make them tutorials, teaching others how to make blends, which could potentially lead to a different type of income for you (a course) or you could do a voiceover and talk about something you are passionate about that will resonate with your target audience. This can be the benefits of your ingredients, something about you personally or etc. You can do short 30 second to 1 minute videos for TikTok, IG Reels, Facebook. You can also do longer videos and post them on YouTube or Facebook. As for the platforms, right now I personally suggest TikTok & YouTube. You are going to grow way faster on TikTok right now than you could on IG Reels or Facebook.
It has the potential to be a double fold success for you because not only can you earn on the platforms themselves (ie. with YouTube you can get AdSense, add affiliate links and do brand deals) but also you are driving traffic to your store and selling there as well. A good example of this in action is the Detail Geek. He has a service based vehicle detailing business and creates YouTube videos of himself detailing vehicles. He will mention products he is using and drive traffic to his online store AND he also earns AdSense money by allowing YouTube to place ads in his videos.
One very important piece of selling is getting the right kind of traffic to your store, your target audience (high traffic is not a good thing if it is the wrong kind of traffic). Good SEO will help you reach your intended audience organically. By default, Shopify will pull your product titles and descriptions and use that as your SEO (that is what is happening in your case). You don't want to leave your SEO to default, you want to make sure you include the same words that a person trying to find your product would search in Google. We created a video walking you through how to do your SEO that you can watch here:
I will leave it at that for now but if you would like to talk to us 1-1, we offer sessions where we take a look at your store, identify the greatest issues holding you back, then provide solutions and advice. If you would like to book a session, you can do so here: https://calendly.com/ecomgeeks/1-1-session
We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!
Best of luck!
About your first question: getting more traffic, you can have 2 methods to apply:
- Produce content: it can be either blogs or videos, or both. They will drive traffic to your store organically, but it takes time. Before starting writing, make sure thay you do keyword research, opt for keywords that have low competition but potential about traffic (you may find some free tools on the internet and start from there)😉
- Run paid ads: it's obvious that you will soon have more traffic, but if the ads traffic doesn't convert, it's wasted. So if you decide to run ads, make sure your ad copy and the landing page matches about content and the promised benefit, also, improve the landing page for better conversion rate.
My suggestion is doing both. You can run paid ads for a period of time to test, then remarketing, while start creating content, it will bring more traffic overtime. Besides, you may apply referral marketing as well.
I also have some feedbacks about the website:
- It doesn't have enough of contrast. You may use some tools to test like https://webaim.org/resources/contrastchecker/
- The text is quite long but the slide run quite fast, at the 1st time, I couldn't finish reading
- It isn't recommended when the 1st product you show to your customers is the Sold-out one, and it's better if you have the featured product above the Customer reviews, so your customers have a chance to look at the product to know about the it and the offers before reading reviews
- The variant and the description are confusing to me: What is the difference between the 2 variants? And the drop down you mentioned at the end of the description is the variant?
- Use images with the same size for better alignment and create an organized look for your page
- This product lacks quantity selector: https://cultivateteaandspice.com/collections/tea-accessories/products/green-leaf-tea-infuser
- I find no refund and return information: Many customers can hesitate before buying something since they can't find refund and return information, if you don't accept refund & return, it's still necessary to have a page for that and tells the customers that refund & return aren't accepted but you have something better...
- I think when we have too many buttons over here, the customers can get confused about which button to click, especially on mobile
and you also have pick-up option, so I don't think it's good to place the payment gateways here, they can choose them later on checkout
- Page speed: I think you can do some works here to improve the speed. For example, there are a list of images that need optimization https://analyze.speedboostr.com/result/fzrxvaoadb/rule/imageOptimization
We are suggesting a few free tools for image optimization here (and some tips about increasing page speed too), you may check it out https://pagefly.link/xQKRAfpQ#01_Optimize_image_loading_times
Another thing is to apply Lazy loading (a strategy to identify resources as non-blocking (non-critical) and load these only when needed). I am sure you can find some tutorial on the internet about it, but if you don't know code or don't want to edit code, you may try our product - PageFly, which is the top 1 Page Builder on Shopify. We have built-in Lazy load that can be enabled within a click.
Overall, I really like your store, the design is simple but trustworthy, especially like your About us page and The local refillery page, they looks authentic and lovely smiles of people.
I hope those ideas can be useful for you. If they are, please give me a 'like'
Have a good day and I wish you the best of luck!
If you find it helpful, please let me know by giving it a like or marking it as a solution.
PageFly- Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.
Check our Back-to-School Marketing Ideas of Best Platforms To Sell Online.
We're AllFetch - a Shopify app developer that offers FREE apps to help store owners grow their Shopify businesses - serving 10.000+ active merchants.
Have seen your store and have some comments for you:
- Keep some messages short to keep your customer's attention.
- You are showing a sold-out product "Matcha Starter Kit". This will make your customer experience become bad.
- I see the main product of your business is tea and spices, so I think you need to show it out.
- Short the blog section on your homepage. This should only show 3 blog posts and have a CTA button.
- You have good content on your Instagram account and you show them by having an Instagram feed on your store.
However, you can turn it into a shoppable one.
If you want to have one, the app Shoppable Instagram Feed by AllFetch will help you do that with ease.
2. Product pages:
- It would be great if you can have more product images.
- The description is great but you can divide the content into parts and have more information like shipping policy.
- Keep the Add to Cart button visible by having a Sticky Add to Cart bar.
- Increase the order value by Cross-sell methods like Product Bundles or Frequently Bought Together.
3. To increase your traffic, here are some tips:
- SEO your site. You can find an SEO expert or an SEO app on the marketplace. But I prefer you should know some basic points in SEO. Especially, blogs page is great way to SEO.
- Have more sales channels. For example, Google Shopping is a great option. After that, you can run ads to have more traffic
- Hire some influencers to promote your products.
Hope this helps!
- The collection page and product page looks good! You need to work on the homepage.
- Make the homepage of your store more organized. The home page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. Slideshow Image- Collection List- Product Recommendations- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- Blog Posts- Instagram Feed.
- You can make a slider of the blog section. That will look more organized.
- Add a loyalty rewards program- You can start giving loyalty points to your customers on different activities like signing up, visiting a store, making a purchase, allowing for push notifications, sharing or following on social media. This will help you to entice your customers and retain them. You can reward your customers in order to redeem those points. When you give points to them they will come again in the future to make a purchase in order to redeem those points. This encourages repeat purchases which increase sales and helps in retaining your customers.
- Add web push notifications, it will help you to retarget your customers even when customers are not in your store without getting their email address. You can send back in stock and price drop alert notifications to bring customers back to your store.
To add product recommendations (trending-new-recently viewed products), loyalty program, push notification in your store you can install the all-in-one app AiTrillion.
P.S- Free plan available, you can install AiTrillion for free here.
I had a look at your website, it looks great. There are few areas still needs improvement. For increasing traffic to your store.
-> Add trust badges on home page , try add them on product details page too.
->As per navigation, customers sometimes may lost track of their products they wished to purchase, try to add Wishlist feature and recently viewed products feature.
Wishlist : Add 'Wishlist" button beside add to cart . Wishlist will helps us to send emails to customers to drag his intension towards item and make him to buy.
Recently viewed : Many customers want to view previous items. If it’s too difficult to view again previous items, they will likely frustrated, and may not purchase anymore. Better to add recently viewed items in product page
-> Credits: Credits helps to increase the orders, and make customers to buy the products with rewards and credits. You can give credits for registration, subscription, Order credits, Cart Value, Item review, Monthly, Birth day, Referral and many more. This will assist you with captivating your customers and hold them. You can compensate your customers to reclaim those focuses. At the point when you will offer focuses to them they will come back again later on to cause a buy to reclaim those focuses.
->Social login: I would like to suggest social login page like login with facebook, instagram , google ,linked in and twitter. which helps the customer to login easily .
->Videos; You can create a videos on your products and these also you can share on social media pages daily, this will helpful for your conversions.
Hope this will HELPFUL! If you find it useful, leave a like and accept solution to let me know!
Further, if you like to implement customer engagement in your store I suggest you to install our Shopify app Customer Account Page. It helps for you Increasing of sales. And it gives you Attractive Customer Dashboard and Raises The Store Revenue. Customizations Available.
Connect your PayPal account to allow your customers to checkout using the PayPal gateway a...By Ollie Jul 28, 2022