Edit: Sorry about the title! I've came on this forum with a problem in mind, but then figured I had lots more problems I should list here, so... this would be the title: Need a review on my store and help with a few problems!
Hello and thank you for clicking on my post!
I'd like you to review my website for a bit ( IT'S FAR FAR FAR from being finished, so keep that in mind ), I've only added few products for men ( pants to be specific ). I spent most of the time getting the look and feel right, then added some emailing system for abandoned carts and whatnot, and some loyality points system. Maybe you have some things in mind that could improve my store?
And now.. I do have some problems that I couldn't find the answer to, I've searched for a long time now:
- The prices on my products look weird. Both prices look like they are the original one ( greyed out and cut with a line, as you can see on my site ), and even when you click the products, you can faintly see the prices, I'd like, for example, the original price ( compared at price ) to bet greyed out and smaller, and the discounted one to be like... orange and bigger? I don't know how to do that yet.
- I need to better display my payment info, I have it in the footer, but Google Merchant still banned me for insufficient payment info and some other things. I added more clearer policies in the footer and I was thinking if there's a piece of code for displaying payment info ( like mastercard, visa, etc ) icons at checkout or where is necessary.
- On my loyality program, I have lots of discounts you could buy, and I was wondering how it works, I use AiTrillion for most of my systems. Do people that let's say, buy a 50% discount, receive a randomly generated discount code that works only once, by AiTrillion, or should i be doing something myself? Because I do have a pop-up option for abandoned cart that I think would look great! But i want the code that you receive to be randomly generated and have only one use, I don't know how to do that in the app, for now, I just generated a code myself that only has 1 use and it's displayed when you abandon your cart. ( I'd love to have an app or something that generated discount codes, let's say the abandoned cart notification says: Hey! It looks like you abandoned your cart, here, take this discount code and continue to checkout! But be careful!!! It expires in 5 minutes!!: == THIS WOULD BE THE CODE ==, but what I write in the 'body' of the notification is just plain text, I don't know how I could integrate that into it ... ) I hope I explained it well, if not, I apologise.
- My newsletter pop-up works alright, again, used the AiTrillion one and pasted the code into my theme's newsletter pop-up code, somehow, it worked ( I don't have much experience with coding and was surprised that it was so straight forward ).. but now, my problem is that, if you scroll down, the newsletter pop-up stays UNDER the footer ( besides the one that literally pops up and you have to c lose it ) I'd like to move it INSIDE my footer, like, on the right of the policies, as you can see, there's the perfect free space for it, so, instead of it staying UNDER the footer, I'd like if you guys know a way to make it stay in the place I've talked about.
- On mobile, the 'Live message' system's icon is too big and covers the 'Get me to the top' arrow ( you know, the one you press once you are let's say at the footer and want to get back to the top ) I'd like to move the arrow up a bit, in order for it not to be under the 'Live message' icon.
- In my themes settings I have a font setting, I looked up at that thing with Google Fonts and how you have to write the name of the font and voila, but... I can't get it to work, I've written the names of the fonts exactly as they are, even copied and pasted it, doesn't seem to work.
- On mobile, my site looks good enough, but not great, I mean, my 'slide-show' with images and text look weird, the grey part with text on it get's cropped and you can't see the image, maybe there's a way to keep the entire size of the image slide-show but zoomed out a little or maybe you have some other ideas to make it more mobile friendly?
- Also, I haven't really optimised anything for mobile, the theme I use is kinda hard to use in my opinion haha, but eventually i figured some of it out. So, in theme settings, there is some Megamenu and Menumobile settings that I can't really figure out how they work and what they do and... I don't know. On mobile, when I click the three lines button in the top left corner, I see currency and language options, but I don't want them, I only use the website in my country and that's what I target, I translated most of the site in my language by hand, and I can't afford going into every app I've ever used and translate it into more and SOMEHOW get it work on the change of a button. If you could, I'd like some ideas on what to integrate there and how, what's the best use of that menu.
- Do you know, in the EU, can I dropship BRANDED products? Like NIKE, PUMA, ADIDAS, etc. Or is that illegal?
Sorry if I didn't explain in the best way, wrote too much or posted in the wrong Discussion! English isn't my first language, so I apologise for any misspelled things.
I will continue working on my website, little by little, it's my first time doing this, but I want it to be done right! I am open to any kind of advice or criticism, I'd love to hear any way I could improve and maybe get recommendation of cool apps to use and whatnot!
1) Your website is not finished, incomplete or broken websites do not get approved by Google. For example, you have a template image at the bottom of the page.
For example you have broken coding visible in the footer.
2) You do not have any payment policies, while you say you have, you don't have any links in the footer to a payment policy
I recommend using my checklist to learn more: https://community.shopify.com/c/Ecommerce-Marketing/Checklist-Suspended-Google-Merchant-Center-Accou...
Hey! Thank you for the reply!
I understand then, I will be adding the photos and finish up the overall design then.
Also, I didn't know I had to have 'Payment policies', all my links in the footer work, and I added everything I was able to add in the Shopify legal tab, and I don't see any 'Payment policies'.
Anyway, this is the last of my problems, with Google, I will check in for a review after I finish everything, I have other and bigger problems that I don't know where to start solving, like the ones I've listed in my OP. Thank you again for the reply!
Connect your PayPal account to allow your customers to checkout using the PayPal gateway a...By Ollie Jul 28, 2022