Have i been scammed?

michaeleaton
2 0 0

I placed an order on a website called, GlossyGlamour (glossyglamour.co) which is a shopify store on the 29th December 2021. I've just checked the status of my order and it now shows the site isn't even an active site, asking the store owner to complete setup of said site.

I've tried using the 'Help with Order' page on Shopify which asks for the Order Confirmation Url / Email address and name but it says Order not found - and that's it, no other help and i'm just stuck (this needs to be fixed)!

What do i do now? I've emailed the store on their gmail address in the confirmation email but no response.

Thanks,

Michael

Replies 2 (2)
Moira
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
831 109 139

Hey @michaeleaton,

I understand your frustration about the issue you're having with your order.

Just to give you some further context, Shopify is the website and shopping cart service that some merchants use to run their online store, however, we do not manage the shipping or sales of the store.

If you are not hearing back from the store in question, we have a really helpful detailed FAQ that will guide you through the next best steps below:

You can reach out to your credit card provider for further options regarding your payment and possible refund options. We cannot recover your money for you as we do not operate businesses on behalf of our merchants on the platform.

I will say this though, we absolutely do not condone any type of fraudulent activity on Shopify. If this does happen to be a Shopify store, filing a claim with your bank will trigger a notification internally, which we can use to investigate the shop as needed. We will take a look into the store's activity and take action where appropriate. For legal and privacy reasons we will not be able to share the results of this investigation with you.

We appreciate you reaching out in regards to this matter.

Moira | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

michaeleaton
2 0 0

Hi

yes i'm well aware of how Shopify works. My concern was that your Help system for Stores' customers isn't working for my order but you leave me no other option to try (baring this community based system) as your system says my order isn't recognised . Based on the format of the url in my confirmation email and the format of the url you request on the 'Problem with order' page would suggest it was previously a shopify account but now isn't for some reason. I shouldn't have to /can't raise a chargeback until i've tried all other avenues as per the Mastercard Chargeback T&C's. Hence why i am here.

Are you refusing to look into my order?

Thanks,

Michael