Solved

Hello.. Plenty of Visitors... No Sales

SQaggy
Tourist
6 0 2

Hello there,

I launched a dropshipping site,  www.sqaggy.com a few weeks ago

I've spent over $4k getting the store up and running via so-called freelance sites. SEO, Store Design, Marketing

Social Media Experts etc. I hired these guys because my own abilities are quite limited.

So far my results and actions since launching are:

~ Account suspended from Tick-Tock, Google, Facebook-Meta, Pinterest and instagram.

~ After many Emails and Phone calls I have managed to persuade Google, Pinterest and Tick-Tock to lift the

suspensions.

I had to completely rebuild from scratch to make sure there were no damaging items, apps, meta-tags etc

remaining that could further affect site integrity.

~ Facebook-Meta/Instagram remain adamant, that whatever occurred (couldn't manage to get any explanation),

warrants a permanent suspension.

Ok... enough bitching and blaming others.

I have rebuilt the site myself, learning and getting advice along the way.

I have a small budget campaign running on google-ads and post a couple of Youtube shorts videos everyday to

draw visitors.

The site gets 150-200 visits per day... 

But Zero sales and only One actual "add to cart", which was then abandoned ?

anyone any ideas that won't cost a lot (there's no budget left)..

I'm willing to take on board any form of constructive criticism

Thanks in advance

SQAGGY

Accepted Solutions (2)

PageFly-Richard
Shopify Partner
4226 957 1603

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @SQaggy ,

This is Richard from PageFly - Landing Page Builder. I have just had a look at your store. Your store is quite simple. I have some suggestions for your Homepage for a better chance of gaining sales. May it help!

1. Make a sticky header

Enhance customer experience with a sticky header that allows quick access to navigation, search, and utility-navigation elements as they scroll on your page. This is the fastest and most efficient way for customers to find necessary information when visiting your website.

PageFlyRichard_0-1679971131906.png

2. Add the hero section & Use clear and compelling CTAs

• The hero section is the first thing visitors see when they land on your homepage, so it's essential to make a strong first impression. Consider adding a high-quality image or video that showcases your products, and include a strong headline that clearly communicates your value proposition.
  • CTAs are essential in driving conversions, so make sure that your CTAs are clear, prominent, and compelling. Use action-oriented language and make it clear what the user will get by clicking the CTA.

3. Add more content to your Homepage

You can add a benefits section in the middle of the homepage, which will give your customers a reason to purchase from you instead of the competition. This helps reduce the bounce rate and increase the likelihood of purchase. Please check out this picture below for more information:

PageFlyRichard_1-1679971131911.png

4. Add Testimonials - Customer Reviews

• Customer reviews are proof of your product quality. This section will help you build customers' trust. You can show rating stars for each review and you can also add customers’ photos above their names to enhance trust in what they say, like this:

PageFlyRichard_2-1679971131914.png

• Reviews are crucial when it comes to shopping online. 

Besides, you can add blogs or reviews of your customer as testimonials. You can use third-party reviews apps such as: Loox, Yotpo, or Judge.me, etc. 

5. Always Highlight Core Product and Brand Features

You need to summarize and highlight core product and brand features, including key product details and attributes, free shipping available, and return policy information on your homepage, so that the customers can quickly evaluate not only a site’s product catalog, but also the brand’s policies, value proposition, and trustworthiness, from the homepage.

6. Improve the newsletter on your homepage

The newsletter signup form is currently at the bottom of the homepage, which may not be noticeable to visitors. Consider adding an incentive like a discount code or free shipping to encourage visitors to sign up. But kindly drag it out of the footer and place it right on your homepage, I bet you would have more clicks.

PageFlyRichard_3-1679971131917.png

You can refer to the picture below:

PageFlyRichard_4-1679971131922.png

Furthermore, you can consider using a page builder app with a Shopify theme made for this niche to enhance your store appearance and increase mobile experience for customers. You can check out the following themes Blum, Sense, Dawn…

PageFlyRichard_5-1679971131967.png

Hope all my suggestions will be helpful to you. Good luck and have a nice day! 

Cheers!

Richard | PageFly

Please let me know if it works by giving it a Like or marking it as a solution!

PageFly - #1 Page Builder for Shopify merchants.

All features are available from Free plan. Live Chat Support is available 24/7.

View solution in original post

flareAI
Shopify Partner
2405 223 535

Hello @SQaggy,

I am Gina from flareAI app helping Shopify merchants get $6Million+ in sales from Google Search, on autopilot. I am here to support you.

First of all, it's important to understand that launching an online store can be a challenging task, and it requires a lot of hard work, patience, and perseverance. It seems like you've already faced several hurdles, and it's good to see that you're still committed to making it work.

I have a few suggestions that could help you improve your website and increase sales.

1. Improve your website design and user experience
Make sure your website is visually appealing and easy to navigate. Ensure that your website is mobile-friendly, loads quickly, and has a clear call to action.

2. Focus on product descriptions and images
High-quality product images and detailed descriptions can help customers make informed buying decisions. Make sure your product descriptions are accurate, informative, and highlight the unique selling points of your products.

3. Leverage social media
Use social media platforms like Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter to promote your products and drive traffic to your website. Make sure to engage with your followers and build a community around your brand.

4. Implement email marketing
Start building an email list and use email marketing campaigns to promote your products, offer discounts, and encourage repeat purchases.

5. Offer discounts and promotions
Consider offering discounts or promotions to incentivize customers to buy from your store. You could also consider running a referral program to encourage your existing customers to refer their friends and family to your store.

6. Focus on customer service
Make sure you provide excellent customer service and respond promptly to customer inquiries and complaints. Positive reviews and word-of-mouth referrals can go a long way in building your brand and increasing sales.

Overall, it's important to stay focused and be persistent. Keep experimenting with different strategies, and don't be afraid to pivot if something isn't working. Good luck!

Gina

flareAI : Get Sales from Google Search, on Autopilot
$10+ billion in eCommerce on Google Search, every day. Find out how much you are missing

View solution in original post

Replies 10 (10)

Dirk
Shopify Staff
2217 247 506

Hey, @SQaggy 

Here are a few suggestions that I have for you on how you can improve the overall look of your store. When it comes to selling apparel and accessory products, you want to think long and hard about what type of audience you want to attract (age, gender, interests, income, etc). From there, you can lay down the groundwork to create a reputable and attractive brand for your ideal audience.

If you are unsure what exactly the definition of a brand is or how you can build a brand from scratch, this article is a must. It is going to teach you how to build your own brand in 7 actionable steps. Setting aside an afternoon or evening to jot down some high-level details on this subject will go a long way. It will help you create a blueprint that will ultimately drive all your future business decisions.

Once you feel like you have clearly defined your brand goals - I recommend checking out this article called "What is a Buyer Persona"This will allow you to portray your brand in a way that resonates with your ideal audience. This will entice them to buy from your business. This is another exercise that if you just take a few hours out of your time to commit to, it's going to be extremely helpful.

Lastly, when all the above is taken care of, you can begin analyzing your website's functionality, design, and discoverability (SEO, advertising, etc) to make the experience better for your visitors.

Take what you've learned in the previous two exercises to help drive these decisions. I recommend checking out our Shopify design articles to get inspiration and ideas on how to build a great-looking webpage with Shopify. Homepage Design 101 is a recommended resource to check out!

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

SQaggy
Tourist
6 0 2

Sound advice..  Very much appreciated Dirk

Cheers

Dirk
Shopify Staff
2217 247 506

Anytime! Best of luck with your business going forward, @SQaggy!

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

PageFly-Richard
Shopify Partner
4226 957 1603

Hi @SQaggy ,

This is Richard from PageFly - Landing Page Builder. I have just had a look at your store. Your store is quite simple. I have some suggestions for your Homepage for a better chance of gaining sales. May it help!

1. Make a sticky header

Enhance customer experience with a sticky header that allows quick access to navigation, search, and utility-navigation elements as they scroll on your page. This is the fastest and most efficient way for customers to find necessary information when visiting your website.

PageFlyRichard_0-1679971131906.png

2. Add the hero section & Use clear and compelling CTAs

• The hero section is the first thing visitors see when they land on your homepage, so it's essential to make a strong first impression. Consider adding a high-quality image or video that showcases your products, and include a strong headline that clearly communicates your value proposition.
  • CTAs are essential in driving conversions, so make sure that your CTAs are clear, prominent, and compelling. Use action-oriented language and make it clear what the user will get by clicking the CTA.

3. Add more content to your Homepage

You can add a benefits section in the middle of the homepage, which will give your customers a reason to purchase from you instead of the competition. This helps reduce the bounce rate and increase the likelihood of purchase. Please check out this picture below for more information:

PageFlyRichard_1-1679971131911.png

4. Add Testimonials - Customer Reviews

• Customer reviews are proof of your product quality. This section will help you build customers' trust. You can show rating stars for each review and you can also add customers’ photos above their names to enhance trust in what they say, like this:

PageFlyRichard_2-1679971131914.png

• Reviews are crucial when it comes to shopping online. 

Besides, you can add blogs or reviews of your customer as testimonials. You can use third-party reviews apps such as: Loox, Yotpo, or Judge.me, etc. 

5. Always Highlight Core Product and Brand Features

You need to summarize and highlight core product and brand features, including key product details and attributes, free shipping available, and return policy information on your homepage, so that the customers can quickly evaluate not only a site’s product catalog, but also the brand’s policies, value proposition, and trustworthiness, from the homepage.

6. Improve the newsletter on your homepage

The newsletter signup form is currently at the bottom of the homepage, which may not be noticeable to visitors. Consider adding an incentive like a discount code or free shipping to encourage visitors to sign up. But kindly drag it out of the footer and place it right on your homepage, I bet you would have more clicks.

PageFlyRichard_3-1679971131917.png

You can refer to the picture below:

PageFlyRichard_4-1679971131922.png

Furthermore, you can consider using a page builder app with a Shopify theme made for this niche to enhance your store appearance and increase mobile experience for customers. You can check out the following themes Blum, Sense, Dawn…

PageFlyRichard_5-1679971131967.png

Hope all my suggestions will be helpful to you. Good luck and have a nice day! 

Cheers!

Richard | PageFly

Please let me know if it works by giving it a Like or marking it as a solution!

PageFly - #1 Page Builder for Shopify merchants.

All features are available from Free plan. Live Chat Support is available 24/7.

SQaggy
Tourist
6 0 2

Much appreciated Richard,

i've already made some of the changes you have advised.

Sticky header &  email/newsletter - Done

will make other changes very soon..

Cheers

Dan-From-Ryviu
Shopify Partner
7532 1454 1451

hi @SQaggy, don't you check store yourself before run ads?

Why on your products have example blocks without information? Screenshot 2023-03-28 at 11.20.15.pngScreenshot 2023-03-28 at 11.20.33.png

On contact us page, it does not have any needed informations, for example: email and store address or phone. 

Also, you are using @outlook email instead of domain email in refund policy page. 

- Helpful? Like or Accept solution! - Buy me a coffee
- Ryviu - Product Reviews app, collect product reviews, import reviews from AliExpress, Amazon, Etsy, Shopee and Walmart and CSV.
- Lookfy app: Easy and fast to create Photo Gallery, Lookbook, Shop The Look
- Enjoy 1 month of Shopify for $1. Sign up now

SQaggy
Tourist
6 0 2

Thanks for reply Dan,

What can I say ?

Guilty as charged...

I did try to change email in refund page before, but it proved to be a little tricky

I've managed to change these now...

The contact detail were in privacy page...  my bad.

As I've mentioned before, I've had to take this project on myself after getting shafted with shoddy work from so-called experts.  I don't really want to dwell on this, but i've been on a steep learning curve and product details are taking me a bit longer than I would have thought.

I do appreciate you pointing these things out and I'm taking all the advice I can get to get things right.  I'd rather be called out on these seemingly simple oversights now, than think at a later stage that all was cushty and then find these problems.

Thanks so much for pointing these out

Cheers

flareAI
Shopify Partner
2405 223 535

Hello @SQaggy,

I am Gina from flareAI app helping Shopify merchants get $6Million+ in sales from Google Search, on autopilot. I am here to support you.

First of all, it's important to understand that launching an online store can be a challenging task, and it requires a lot of hard work, patience, and perseverance. It seems like you've already faced several hurdles, and it's good to see that you're still committed to making it work.

I have a few suggestions that could help you improve your website and increase sales.

1. Improve your website design and user experience
Make sure your website is visually appealing and easy to navigate. Ensure that your website is mobile-friendly, loads quickly, and has a clear call to action.

2. Focus on product descriptions and images
High-quality product images and detailed descriptions can help customers make informed buying decisions. Make sure your product descriptions are accurate, informative, and highlight the unique selling points of your products.

3. Leverage social media
Use social media platforms like Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter to promote your products and drive traffic to your website. Make sure to engage with your followers and build a community around your brand.

4. Implement email marketing
Start building an email list and use email marketing campaigns to promote your products, offer discounts, and encourage repeat purchases.

5. Offer discounts and promotions
Consider offering discounts or promotions to incentivize customers to buy from your store. You could also consider running a referral program to encourage your existing customers to refer their friends and family to your store.

6. Focus on customer service
Make sure you provide excellent customer service and respond promptly to customer inquiries and complaints. Positive reviews and word-of-mouth referrals can go a long way in building your brand and increasing sales.

Overall, it's important to stay focused and be persistent. Keep experimenting with different strategies, and don't be afraid to pivot if something isn't working. Good luck!

Gina

flareAI : Get Sales from Google Search, on Autopilot
$10+ billion in eCommerce on Google Search, every day. Find out how much you are missing
SQaggy
Tourist
6 0 2

Thanks Gina,

your kind words and guidance are much appreciated

SQaggy
Tourist
6 0 2

If you don't mind, i'd rather you  submit your recommendations here..

While I appreciate all the advice i'm receiving here, and any ideas from

yourself will be most welcome.

There are still people out there who see an opportunity

for a quick scam.

Yesterday I spent well over 2 hours on chat before I realised I was conversing

with a very talented Nigerian Prince..