HELP- Image files too big & slow loading times!!

LizJ
7 0 0

Hi All,

Im having problems with my store loading times due to the file size of each photo! How can I change the file size without having to go through every single product save, resize & re-upload every image?

Any help would be hugely appreciated!! 

Replies 5 (5)
CutOutWiz
Navigator
426 29 146

Hello @LizJ 

Just compress your pictures. You will notice very little change in quality, but a huge change in size. You can use any image compressor for that. 

Alternatively, you may try image size reducers. There is a free one by Shopify. You can look it up in the apps. 

Hope this helps.

Thank You!

If you found this helpful, leave a Like to let me know.
If this answers your question, please rate this as an accepted solution 🙂

M, from the Business Development Team of
Cutoutwiz
LizJ
7 0 0

Thank you for your reply!

Can I do this without having to export all the photos and then re upload them?

Going forward I understand it is best to follow this process before uploading images... but for everything already on the site is there an app that you know of that would go through and automatically adjust? 
Appreciate your help, thank you! 

CutOutWiz
Navigator
426 29 146

Hey,  I am not sure if there is an app for that. But even if there is one, it surely won't be free. 

Maybe you can consider a whole revamp of your site, since you probably will have to reupload all the pictures. In that case, if you provide the link to your store, you will get lts of valuable feedback on what to do differently, next itme. 

Thank You!

Cutoutwiz
LizJ
7 0 0

https://www.wanderandwildco.com

Yes it does seem that way. We have already made many adjustments in order to cut down loading time so the site now needs lots of perfecting but am open to any tips or advice.

Thank you again! 

CutOutWiz
Navigator
426 29 146

Hello Again!

Here are my suggestions: 

Banner: 

The banner is too huge, and is taking my quite some scrolling to do before I can reach the end of it. It may be hugely responsible for your time lag. But that is not to say that you should get rid of the banner entirely. What would be better is to add a "Shop Now" button to your banner, so that it can take the customers directly to your product page. 

Sticky Header: 

This makes it easier to navigate, even if users have scrolled down, so that the headers are still there. (what you have done with the after pay message)

Font:

Your choice of Font is unique, but hard on the eye. If you want to keep this font, you can consider making it bold, or larger (if possible) so that it can be easily read. Also, the font colour is too 

Chatbot: 

Chatbots can be so very important and probably the easiest ways to collect user information and insights. Also, they will make your life simpler by answering the most common questions you face.

That's all from me. Please feel free to reach out in case of questions!

Thank You!

Cutoutwiz