I have had my site since late December, I have run both google add and Facebook add campaigns targeting the dog bed section mostly. Initially I made a few sales but lately nothing.
i was expecting a conversion rate of maybe 1-2%
my bounce rate is not bad and hovers around 50%.
First, I'll address your ads. When you get high traffic and no sales it either means you are getting the wrong kind of traffic (not your target audience) or there is something within your store that is turning people away (product prices, shipping time, shipping cost, a site error etc.). We recently released a 2021 Shopify Ad Strategy video that I'd recommend giving a watch:
Moving onto your website, I have a few suggestions.
First, I'd recommend you have a logo done up for your website. You can actually make one for free from Hatchful, or if it's in the budget, you can get one done up fairly inexpensively from Fiverr.com.
On your product pages, I'd recommend bringing the sizing up. Ideally, if you could have a sizing chart link (a pop up) right underneath the sizing options (S, M, L, etc.), that would be great.
As for your products, with things like pet beds, accessories and etc., these items are commonly available. Pet stores carry similar products, so does Amazon, online retailers and etc. So when a person is searching for this type of product in Google, these big companies are who is showing up in search results and who you are competing with for customers. A person can complete IF they give people a reason to purchase from them vs. the other guys. An example of this might be someone who makes these locally, their "reason" as to why you should purchase from them vs the other guy is because they are local and a lot of people are passionate about shopping local. I'm not sure what your setup is, if you are dropshipping or not, but what I'd recommend is adding some "winning" pet products to your store to draw in customers. A good product choice should have these qualities:
I have a lot more to say on this topic, but I cover it in our video so I'll leave it here for you to watch:
PS: If you decide to give Ecomhunt a try, here is our affiliate link: https://www.ecomhunt.com?afmc=2tp
Using our affiliate link does not cost you anything extra, it tells Ecomhunt we sent you and we may receive earnings for that referral.
My next recommendation is to spend some time on your SEO. By default, Shopify will pull your product titles and descriptions and use that as your SEO (that is what is happening in your case). You don't want to leave your SEO to default, you want to be intentional about the words you use so that you are reaching your intended audience.
A common mistake in SEO is using the wrong words. You have to include words that a person trying to find your product would search in Google. You current title "Round Comforting Bed" doesn't include the word dog which is key, a person in search is likely typing something along the lines of "round dog bed". Same for your description, it needs a re-write. I have more to say but I cover it in this video:
We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!
Best of luck!
Hello @Offblocks, I hope you are doing good! here are some suggestions:
- Give rewards to your customers. By offering rewards for completing actions like making a purchase or following you on social media, you show your customers that you care about how they engage with you and want to thank them for it. This encourages them to do it again in the future, transforming them into valuable repeat customers.
- The home page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. Slideshow Image- Collection List- Product Recommendations- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- Instagram Feed.
- Make all the products organized and aligned to each other on the collection page. Don't make it look cluttered.
- You can start giving loyalty points to your customers on different activities like signing up, visiting a store, making a purchase, allowing for push notifications, share/ follow on social media. This will help you to entice your customers and retain them. You can reward your customers in order to redeem those points. When you will give points to them they will come again in the future to make a purchase in order to redeem those points. This encourages repeat purchases which increases sales and helps in retaining your customers.
- Add an announcement bar to highlight important information that you don't want your customers to miss out on.
If you would like to implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to try out the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. I am sure you will find it useful.
Hope this Helps!