Help with navigation and collection listing

Mahogany47
1 0 0

All of my items are all over my site page. Men clothes in the women section and shoes under women. I'm trying to fix it. Help

Replies 3 (3)
Luna
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
712 66 89

Hey, @Mahogany47.

Luna here from Shopify. Thanks for reaching out in our Community forum. It sounds like you are working on getting your shop set up, congratulations! This is a very exciting journey and we're here to help you the whole way through.

Based on what you've shared, it sounds like you may need to make some changes to your navigation settings. Once you create your collection, you will need to add it to your navigation settings for it to appear on your storefront. If you have already created your collectionsI suggest ensuring that you have linked them correctly in the navigation. To do so, you can follow these steps here: 

1. From your Shopify admin, go to Online Store > Navigation
  2. On the Navigation page, click the title of the menu that you want to edit. 
  3. Click Add menu item
  4. Enter a name for the menu item. The name displays in the menu and can include special characters or characters or emoji. 
  5. Click the Link field, and then select the link type (in this case, collections). 
  6. Once you have selected a collection or all collections, then you can filter the collection with tags to display only the products that match all of the tags you enter. 
  7. Once you select your link type, then select a specific destination.
  8. When you select “Home”, the destination is automatically set to your online store’s home page.
  9. Click Add to save your menu item.
  10. Click Save menu.

We also have a great video guide that you can check out here. Please let me know if that helps! Otherwise, I'm more than happy to continue working on this with you.

In the meantime, I'd love to hear about your business. What type of products will you be selling?

Luna | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Luna
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
712 66 89

Hey, @Mahogany47.

Luna here! I want to quickly check in to ensure that you got the help you need. Did my previous suggestion help? Otherwise, I'd be more than happy to continue looking into this for you.

All the best, 

Luna | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

julieannabishop
1 0 0

Luna-

Similar issue only the instructions you give above didn't work out for me. I have two collections that show up exactly how I want them to on my home page. I want to add another collection but can't recall how I did the first two. They show up with just the collection image on the home page, and you click on them to see the collection. Keeps the home page clean. When doing what you described above, it showed the inside of only that third collection I was adding and booted the other two off the homepage. How do I add the one more collection to homepage - not entire contents but the image of the collection to be clicked on that leads to the collection? Does this make sense? Help. Thank you- Julie