Hey Guys

OutdoorMichigan
1 0 0

So, I am pretty new to Shopify...well extremely new. I was an Etsy person. But now we are Shopify people. Anyway, I have been working really hard on my SEO's, and my pages, and I know its not perfect, but my bounce rate is pretty high. If you guys could check it out I would appreciate it! I do accept constructive criticism. But don't be mean, please. Thank you!

https://outdoormichigan.myshopify.com

Replies 5 (5)
vinods
Shopify Partner
717 12 89

Hi @OutdoorMichigan 

Hope you're doing good. 

I saw your store.

Firstly congratulations for your new store and welcome to shopify platform. 

Please check your email I have emailed you a feedback. 

Thanks 

Vinod

Vinod Sachdev
Digital Centrics
Digital Marketing Consultant
Google & Bing Ads | Web Design & Development | Conversion Rate Optimization
PageFly
Shopify Partner
2513 345 1673

Hi @OutdoorMichigan 

It's lovely to see the plants ❤️

I have some comments, hope they can help you improve the engagement rate:

HOME PAGE

- You may add a hero banner that briefly introduces your store and your products, this template is an example https://pagefly.link/PwcqJXKW 

- I personally found the serif font is quite hard to read, you can pair it with another san-serif font to make the text more scannable. You may refer to some Google fonts paring like this one https://fonts.google.com/specimen/Merriweather#pairings 

PageFly_0-1626745638334.png

- Use photo with the same size to create a more organized look 

PageFly_1-1626745873942.png

- Add secondary hover image for the product list or magnified effect (Like in the template I mentioned above): it can help your visitors look closer into the plant or you will have another chance to impress the visitors

- The contrast is low in this section, which makes the text is hard to read, you may use another color for the text. Also while I clicked on the button, the page was empty (no products are there)

PageFly_3-1626746245908.png

PRODUCT LIST PAGE

This one for example: https://outdoormichigan.myshopify.com/collections/horsetail-reed-4-8-5-star-rating 

Seeing the list, I have no idea what is the difference between 15 Horsetail Reeds, 25 Horsetail Reeds and 50 Horsetail Reeds... The title is confusing (at least to an amateur like me) and the product images are the same => you may consider to show a bit of the product description under each product to tell the difference or edit the product name a bit to make it easier to understand.

PRODUCT PAGE

- The text readability is severe on this page, unfortunately, I can't read them and let's change the text color to white to enhance to readability

PageFly_4-1626746699470.png

CART PAGE

- It's hard to read here too => I suggest you use white color for the text and button here as well

PageFly_5-1626746916207.png

Overall, I highly recommend you revise the store color scheme and the selection of font family to enhance readibility and ensure a good level of contrast. 

If you don't know where to start, I hope you may try our product: PageFly Landing Page Builder, the Free plan can help you to build 1 customized Home page, 1 customized landing / regular page, 1 customized Product page, 1 customized Collection page, 1 customized Blog post page, so I believe it will come in handy. All our templates are available in the Free plan as well.

Moreover, after the issues about text are fixed, you may consider adding Trust badge and Seals to improve the store credibility, I see that you already have reviews but I guess Trust Badge can help a bit more. Some of the best apps for Trust badges and Seals for Shopify may be Yotpo, TRUST Seal or Stamped.io (PageFly pages will work well with those apps). If you want to read more about enhance the brand credibility, you may check our guide here https://pagefly.link/ATbKuPkz 

I really hope my comments bring a bit of helpful information to you. If they are, please give me a 'like'. 

Thank you so much and I wish you the best of luck!

PageFly- Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen List of Best Platforms To Sell Online.

Or our new series to Build The Perfect Mobile-Friendly Store.

MS-WEB-DESIGNER
Shopify Partner
3012 181 488

Dear @OutdoorMichigan 

Congratulations on your store!

Hope the following suggestions will help you

• Add favicon
  • Improve store speed for mobile

outspeed.png

• Header - Have a clear header bar to help users locate the products they're looking for. Example of Good Header

outheader.png

• Overall Font, Color, Spacing, Alignment need to adjust - Make your store well-organized, neat and visually appealing and add to the user experience.
  • At footer:

Outfooter.png

• Add Trust Badge,Highlight your USP
  • Human Touch : About you and your business - Highlight what makes you different and personalize your offerings when you write about your brand in a custom About Us section.Example of Nice Home page
  • Banner adding on Collection page - Make your collection page stand out with interesting & creative collection banners. Example of Good Collection Page
  • Product page layout needs to improve

• Do Cart Page Modification with discount code , Gift wrapping , additional cart notes , delivery date picker, trust badges, etc. - Personalize your customer's shopping experience with these features on your cart page.
  • There is no terms and conditions checkbox at checkout. We suggest you install a Free app from shopify app store which provides 'I agree to the Terms and Conditions' before checkout .As it makes it easy for the customer to read your terms and policies. 

Boost your sale with this App:

Voila Shopify app  adds a highly efficient cart feature proven to reduce cart abandonment and boost sales. (Show multiple Discount coupon code on cart page )

Click Here to Hire Shopify Store Customization Experts
Boost Conversions & Average Order Value with this
Best App for Sticky Add To Cart
Tuecus
Shopify Partner
2589 78 376

Hi @OutdoorMichigan 

Your website looks great .But i saw your website lagging in sales because i didn't find following features.

No refund and privacy policy. Add in footer section of home page. You can add returns & refund policy pages, It gives customers a feeling of security and what they think buying is guaranteed. If you are doesn't give this guarantee, then visitors often become suspicious and avoid buying the product.

You can add your store blog. Blog gives you the chance to make important substance for your clients. Utilize this as a promoting strategy to manage movement back to your site. Blog make better Your Website's SEO , Increase Traffic to Your Website through inbound links.

In product page i didn't find Wishlist and recently viewed products. Add Wishlist and recently viewed products.

You can Add Trust Badges at your product page.

Your website will lag if you  not implement reward and social login features.
A customer reward program is a customer retention strategy that motivates customers to continue buying from your store.
Here are benefits of a reward program
1. Improves customer retention
2. Increases customer lifetime value and repeat business
3.Boosts revenue

Thanks
team Tuecus

Apps Developer Team |
@Elist eBay Integration
@Tuecus-Customer Page
@Aliexpress Dropshipping & More
If the my answer is helpful to you? Click Like/Accept Solution to let me Know!!
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
4161 244 729

Hey @OutdoorMichiganThis is AiTrillion- an all-in-one integrated marketing platform on Shopify. We are happy to help more than 100k+ Shopify merchants and would love to provide a solution to your questions.

- The home page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. Slideshow Image- Collection List- Product Recommendations- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- Blog Posts- Instagram Feed.

- This text on the product page isn't visible. Change its color. 

AiTrillion_0-1626771697750.png

- Make the announcement bar clickable and add a call to action button on it. 

- In the footer, add privacy/ shipping/ returns & refund policy. 

- Having a good brand logo will help you with branding. 

You need to engage your visitors coming to your site by giving loyalty reward points which will increase repeat purchases and customer lifetime value. You can add a web push notification that will help you to retarget your customers anytime even when they are not in your store. This will help you to run your store smoothly and decrease the bounce rate and will capture your visitors and convert them into prospective or paying customers. You will be able to retain your customers for the long term.

Entice customers by giving them loyalty points on activities like sign up, leaving a review, allowing push notification, visiting a store, on birthdays, and more. This will help you to increase the email and push subscribers.

If your store is engaging then it will help you to reduce Customer Churn Rate i.e percentage of customers who stop purchasing from your brand and will also increase your customer retention.

To add the above marketing engagement tools there are many apps available in the Shopify app store. Instead of installing multiple apps, you can install the all-in-one Shopify app AiTrillion and get all the benefits of marketing features in a single app to drive conversions. 

P.S- Free plan available.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.