HI all just set up my first store and would like some feedback on what to look at

Solved
vidkid
Tourist
7 1 2

Hi all i have set up my store    https://www.fishpro4u.com 

I think it still needs a lot of work but any advice would be helpful on what to do next . 

Accepted Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
Bo
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1793 197 456

This is an accepted solution.

Hey there, @vidkid 

Bo here from Shopify Support!

As this is your first post in the Shopify Community I would like to welcome you! Welcome! I would recommend reading our guide on getting support from the Shopify Community here so you are best equipped when looking for support through these forum boards. I would also recommend taking a look at our introductory guide to Shopify here in our Help Center. The Help Center is packed with brilliant resources on everything Shopify-related to help you get started. 

As you are getting prepared to launch your store soon I would definitely recommend taking a look at our Essential Shopify Store Launch Checklist before going live to make sure you don't miss anything. We also have this great Buyer Trust 101 post which goes through how to make your store more trustworthy to customers so that they will check out. 

The first thing that I looked at here was your product titles and descriptions. While your products are brilliantly curated and your pictures look amazing you could definitely work on the descriptions. With online stores, there are no sales representatives and so the products literally need to speak for themselves. Instead of listing your products' specs in your current format, you should try writing descriptions that persuade the customer to buy the item. Why do they need this shirt? How will it make their life better? I recommend taking a look at Oberlo's guide on writing a product description that sells here. This will also help you improve your SEO which will bring more traffic to your store organically.

You do not have a contact page currently. When it comes to making an online purchase, customers may have questions about the specifications of the products. I would recommend taking a look at this guide on creating a contact page. Trust is the most important currency an online store deals in. If a customer does not trust an online store they will not place an order, having a contact page can really help raise that trust factor. If you are willing to be contacted it is easier to trust you. 

Your store is missing an About page. I noticed that you don't have an About Us page. The About Us is probably the most underutilized marketing tool on Online Stores. What an About Us page should be is a goal-oriented sales page, one that focuses on highlighting the biggest selling points of your story and brand, making a strong impression on curious customers. You can read up on how to write a persuasive About Us page here.

One small thing which isn't crucial but will make your site look that bit more professional is adding a favicon that matches your business logo. A favicon is an icon that appears on a tab in a browser, usually a logo. You can add a favicon to your site as per this guide.

I noticed that there were no social media links on your page. Having a social media presence is incredibly important in eCommerce. You can check out our guide on building your presence here. Social media is a key aspect of digital marketing, helping businesses reach millions of customers across the world. Last year in the UK alone, 89% of people accessed the internet every week; 77% of these used it to research goods/services before making a purchase, and 60% to access social media. It’s estimated that, worldwide, over 3 billion people use social media every day. This means, if you want to grow your business, you need to start taking advantage of using social media for your Shopify store. You can take a look at our guide on social media marketing here.

Before launching your first marketing campaign I would highly recommend checking out our video on finding your target market and defining it here. This should help you better your targeted ads so that the customers you are getting to your store will be more likely to buy something. We also have this step-by-step guide to successfully run ads on Facebook. 

Best of luck! 

Bo

Bo | Retired Staff Member

View solution in original post

Reply 1 (1)
Bo
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1793 197 456

This is an accepted solution.

Hey there, @vidkid 

Bo here from Shopify Support!

As this is your first post in the Shopify Community I would like to welcome you! Welcome! I would recommend reading our guide on getting support from the Shopify Community here so you are best equipped when looking for support through these forum boards. I would also recommend taking a look at our introductory guide to Shopify here in our Help Center. The Help Center is packed with brilliant resources on everything Shopify-related to help you get started. 

As you are getting prepared to launch your store soon I would definitely recommend taking a look at our Essential Shopify Store Launch Checklist before going live to make sure you don't miss anything. We also have this great Buyer Trust 101 post which goes through how to make your store more trustworthy to customers so that they will check out. 

The first thing that I looked at here was your product titles and descriptions. While your products are brilliantly curated and your pictures look amazing you could definitely work on the descriptions. With online stores, there are no sales representatives and so the products literally need to speak for themselves. Instead of listing your products' specs in your current format, you should try writing descriptions that persuade the customer to buy the item. Why do they need this shirt? How will it make their life better? I recommend taking a look at Oberlo's guide on writing a product description that sells here. This will also help you improve your SEO which will bring more traffic to your store organically.

You do not have a contact page currently. When it comes to making an online purchase, customers may have questions about the specifications of the products. I would recommend taking a look at this guide on creating a contact page. Trust is the most important currency an online store deals in. If a customer does not trust an online store they will not place an order, having a contact page can really help raise that trust factor. If you are willing to be contacted it is easier to trust you. 

Your store is missing an About page. I noticed that you don't have an About Us page. The About Us is probably the most underutilized marketing tool on Online Stores. What an About Us page should be is a goal-oriented sales page, one that focuses on highlighting the biggest selling points of your story and brand, making a strong impression on curious customers. You can read up on how to write a persuasive About Us page here.

One small thing which isn't crucial but will make your site look that bit more professional is adding a favicon that matches your business logo. A favicon is an icon that appears on a tab in a browser, usually a logo. You can add a favicon to your site as per this guide.

I noticed that there were no social media links on your page. Having a social media presence is incredibly important in eCommerce. You can check out our guide on building your presence here. Social media is a key aspect of digital marketing, helping businesses reach millions of customers across the world. Last year in the UK alone, 89% of people accessed the internet every week; 77% of these used it to research goods/services before making a purchase, and 60% to access social media. It’s estimated that, worldwide, over 3 billion people use social media every day. This means, if you want to grow your business, you need to start taking advantage of using social media for your Shopify store. You can take a look at our guide on social media marketing here.

Before launching your first marketing campaign I would highly recommend checking out our video on finding your target market and defining it here. This should help you better your targeted ads so that the customers you are getting to your store will be more likely to buy something. We also have this step-by-step guide to successfully run ads on Facebook. 

Best of luck! 

Bo

Bo | Retired Staff Member