FROM CACHE - en_header

Hi community! Looking for feedback on my store.

Solved
Skillz4ya2
Tourist
4 0 2

I'm looking for some feedback on my store. I own a women's activewear brand that I am looking to start growing. It's not launched yet, because I am still working on sorting inventory out.  I would like to know what I can do better UX-wise and what I can do to improve on in ascetics. The website is www.goldenstaryoga.com, and the password to access the site is: rampia .Thank you for the feedback

Accepted Solutions (2)

Accepted Solutions
RichardNguyen
Shopify Partner
1365 193 871

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @​​Skillz4ya2

I'm Richard. Nice to know that you have just launched your online business with Shopify. Personally, I very much love your store design and the products look good.  But, here I want to add more details to help you make the store perfect and improve your store speed. Please check out my comments below:

Point 1: Should use Load more instead of Pagination in Collection Page: 

“Pagination” is by far the most popular way of loading new items in the product list — 88% of our benchmarked sites use this loading schema. However, testing has shown that subjects had significant difficulty with the “Pagination” loading schema on both desktop and mobile. 

RichardNguyen_0-1628572088647.png

Basically, there are types of 3 loading schemas used in product lists:

- “Pagination” — where all products in the list are split into separate pages, which are accessed by clicking or tapping links at the end of the list

RichardNguyen_1-1628572090994.png

- “Endless scrolling” — where more products are added to the end of the list when users scroll past a certain point in the list. (This technique usually incorporates “lazy loading”, which defers loading of images outside of the viewport at page load time. Instead, these images are loaded at the moment of need.)

- “Load More” button — where users can click or tap a button to load more products at the end of the list

RichardNguyen_2-1628572091269.png

“Load More” proved to be the loading schema that worked best across desktop and mobile devices, for both category-based product lists and search results. Moreover, when products are separated into separate pages, users can’t compare products in different parts of the list without navigating between pages.

Furthermore, especially on mobile sites, pagination links can be difficult to tap accurately, because they often have small hit areas and are closely spaced

Point 2: About Collection Page: 

- Should make this picture have the same height 

RichardNguyen_3-1628572091187.png

RichardNguyen_4-1628572091419.png

RichardNguyen_5-1628572090538.png

RichardNguyen_6-1628572090101.png

Point 3: Provide live chat support on your website

I see that I can contact you via Facebook, right? But not everyone uses Facebook and it makes me feel uncomfortable when it directs me to other platforms.

Your purpose is to make them stay longer on your site. So, maybe you will lose some prospects when you navigate them to Facebook. Driving traffic to your website is hard. Making them stay is even harder. People are opting out of your site just because your instant support is nowhere to be found. Like any brick-and-mortar store, an online shop can barely function well without a virtual real-time salesman. It’s not the kind of man behind the e-mailbox, who takes hours to respond. Nor the man over the phone, who can only be reached after wading through those infuriating automated phone trees. It must be a live chat agent, who tends to customers’ needs in a jiffy.

Live chat support, therefore, is more favored than other communication channels such as phone or email. Customers get prompt answers and stay happy, while store owners gain more leads, close more sales and build more trust with their prospects 

RichardNguyen_7-1628572089921.png

Hope all I suggest above can help you that much!

If you feel my answer is helpful, like it or give it a thumb up. Let me know if you have any questions. 

Cheers,

PageFly- Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen List of Best Platforms To Sell Online.

Or our new series to Build The Perfect Mobile-Friendly Store.

View solution in original post

LuckyDanny
Shopify Partner
352 67 210

Hey there, @Skillz4ya2!  

Great job on the store! It looks like you’re on the right track. There are a few things I would tweak and some other things to consider after launch. 

First, things to tweak pre-launch:

• Do you anticipate a lot of call-in orders? I would suggest using the announcement bar instead to promote a sale (i.e., free shipping or a discount) instead of your phone number. You could add a page dedicated to bulk ordering. Unless your audience is generally older (think: Boomers), you can utilize that space better. 
  • Feature a broader range of collections under your hero image. Instead of focusing on three legging and one outfit set, I would suggest featuring things like Leggings, Sets, Sports Bras., etc. It’ll show a wider range of products. 
  • Be mindful of consistency. On your homepage, the image for the Ombre Webbed Print Sports Bra is much smaller than the In Motion Active Rainbow Sports Bra. Keep them consistent. I found this throughout the site too. 
  • I don’t mind that you mention that yoga mats are coming soon on your homepage. However, I would add this as a collection yet. It also has default text on the Yoga Mat collection page. Instead, I would link it to a blog post. 
  • Link URLs and email addresses. I found several on your policy pages that weren’t linked. 
  • Add shipping information; don’t leave this in your check out. A shipping page should address estimated costs (flat rate is even better) and where you do/don’t ship. 
  • Jazz up your about Us page with YOUR experience. If Golden Star Yoga was founded to help push insecurities aside, explain why. Did you have an experience? Add that personal touch. 
  • For the Contact Us page, a few tweaks are needed. I would remove the map - it’s showing Melbourne whereas your contact address is in Maryland. Since you’ve already added that address, you don’t need the map. For the form, I wouldn’t add the “Share your suggestion/feedback.” Most people who contact you are going to want to ask a question and may be frustrated when the form is labeled like that. The Subject line is also unnecessary. 
  • For your main navigation, I would expand more on the Shop aspect. The blog can live in the footer; it tends to have a lower click rate from the main navigation. Again, I would group them into broad collections. Like Home | Shop All | Leggings | Sports Bras | Outfit Sets | Contact Us. Having it laid out like that will help your visitors jump to what they want to find rather than clicking into a drop-down first. 
  • Add shipping information on product pages, especially if it’s flat rate or free. Make sure that’s easily seen. 
  • Last thing - make sure you can add reviews. When I was looking at your product page, I was happy to see reviews. However, I can’t see how to leave a review. If you leave this for customers who need to log in first, you may generate fewer reviews unless you’ve included an incentive (i.e., a discount) or a review request in post-purchase communication. 

Now, for suggestions post-launch:

• Get visitor behavior tools on your site NOW prior to launch to evaluate your initial customers. These tools, like heatmaps (to see where people click and move) and session recordings (to watch a visitor’s entire time on your store), can help you spot issues in real-time and see what’s stopping them from converting.
  • In particular, use a heatmap to evaluate your homepage interactions via click and scroll heatmaps (what information do they see? What do they not see?). Session recordings are incredibly useful in spotting navigation issues. 
  • Use surveys/poll to do a little market research for new products you are considering or to see what people think of your new store. If you’re seeing low/no conversions after a few weeks despite decent traffic, consider asking, “What stopped you from checking out today?” to evaluate what’s impacting their experience.
  • I’m suspecting you’re going to use paid campaigns through social media. Is that right? If so, it makes the need to get these visitor behavior tools in place now to evaluate your campaigns. You can filter session recording and heatmaps by source (and UTM parameters if you use them) to get a better grasp of what people are doing from that specific campaign. Maximize your return in the process. 
  • I like that you have a chat, but the Facebook Messenger chat isn’t something I suggest. It takes visitors off of your site and assumes that they have Facebook. I always suggest an on-site live chat that lets you connect with people instantly and answer their questions before they leave your website. 

Don’t mistake any of this advice - your site is so close to being ready. I can’t wait to see how launch day goes! If nothing else, put that visitor behavior tracking in place prior to launch. I can’t tell you how much insight you’ll gain from it that will help you start on the right foot. Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at US $10/month.

I hope this helps! Good luck!

Cheers - Danny

I’m the co-founder of Lucky Orange, one of the top recommended Shopify apps to grow sales. More than 26,000+ merchants use our app and have left us more than 600 5-star reviews.

We’re also proud to be a Shopify Plus partner.

-Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
-Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!

View solution in original post

Replies 6 (6)
Dorcaspro
Explorer
74 3 10

Your website is ready for the Go 

+2348167044807
RichardNguyen
Shopify Partner
1365 193 871

Hi @​​Skillz4ya2

I'm Richard. Nice to know that you have just launched your online business with Shopify. Personally, I very much love your store design and the products look good.  But, here I want to add more details to help you make the store perfect and improve your store speed. Please check out my comments below:

Point 1: Should use Load more instead of Pagination in Collection Page: 

“Pagination” is by far the most popular way of loading new items in the product list — 88% of our benchmarked sites use this loading schema. However, testing has shown that subjects had significant difficulty with the “Pagination” loading schema on both desktop and mobile. 

RichardNguyen_0-1628572088647.png

Basically, there are types of 3 loading schemas used in product lists:

- “Pagination” — where all products in the list are split into separate pages, which are accessed by clicking or tapping links at the end of the list

RichardNguyen_1-1628572090994.png

- “Endless scrolling” — where more products are added to the end of the list when users scroll past a certain point in the list. (This technique usually incorporates “lazy loading”, which defers loading of images outside of the viewport at page load time. Instead, these images are loaded at the moment of need.)

- “Load More” button — where users can click or tap a button to load more products at the end of the list

RichardNguyen_2-1628572091269.png

“Load More” proved to be the loading schema that worked best across desktop and mobile devices, for both category-based product lists and search results. Moreover, when products are separated into separate pages, users can’t compare products in different parts of the list without navigating between pages.

Furthermore, especially on mobile sites, pagination links can be difficult to tap accurately, because they often have small hit areas and are closely spaced

Point 2: About Collection Page: 

- Should make this picture have the same height 

RichardNguyen_3-1628572091187.png

RichardNguyen_4-1628572091419.png

RichardNguyen_5-1628572090538.png

RichardNguyen_6-1628572090101.png

Point 3: Provide live chat support on your website

I see that I can contact you via Facebook, right? But not everyone uses Facebook and it makes me feel uncomfortable when it directs me to other platforms.

Your purpose is to make them stay longer on your site. So, maybe you will lose some prospects when you navigate them to Facebook. Driving traffic to your website is hard. Making them stay is even harder. People are opting out of your site just because your instant support is nowhere to be found. Like any brick-and-mortar store, an online shop can barely function well without a virtual real-time salesman. It’s not the kind of man behind the e-mailbox, who takes hours to respond. Nor the man over the phone, who can only be reached after wading through those infuriating automated phone trees. It must be a live chat agent, who tends to customers’ needs in a jiffy.

Live chat support, therefore, is more favored than other communication channels such as phone or email. Customers get prompt answers and stay happy, while store owners gain more leads, close more sales and build more trust with their prospects 

RichardNguyen_7-1628572089921.png

Hope all I suggest above can help you that much!

If you feel my answer is helpful, like it or give it a thumb up. Let me know if you have any questions. 

Cheers,

PageFly- Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen List of Best Platforms To Sell Online.

Or our new series to Build The Perfect Mobile-Friendly Store.

Dropshipmate
Trailblazer
193 9 62

Hello @Skillz4ya2 ,

I had viewed your website shortly and here are some of my points that I hope useful and you can implement on it easily.

Trust Badges: Trust badges your visitors know that your page is legitimate and that any data they share will be collected through secure third-party service providers. Your customers feel they can trust your website, And they are more likely to make a purchase.

Rating and Reviews:  Customer reviews are fixes the value of of product, And these will decides the your business growth. These will helps to increasing of your customers.

You can start increasing of your followers on social pages, And provide discounts convert those followers into customers.

Otherwise great work you have done on your website. I hope you will catch my point!

Thanks,
Dropshipmate.

Apps Developer Team |
Dropshipmate ‑ Dropshipping

My Answer Is Useful To You? Please Snap Like to tell me!!
LuckyDanny
Shopify Partner
352 67 210

Hey there, @Skillz4ya2!  

Great job on the store! It looks like you’re on the right track. There are a few things I would tweak and some other things to consider after launch. 

First, things to tweak pre-launch:

• Do you anticipate a lot of call-in orders? I would suggest using the announcement bar instead to promote a sale (i.e., free shipping or a discount) instead of your phone number. You could add a page dedicated to bulk ordering. Unless your audience is generally older (think: Boomers), you can utilize that space better. 
  • Feature a broader range of collections under your hero image. Instead of focusing on three legging and one outfit set, I would suggest featuring things like Leggings, Sets, Sports Bras., etc. It’ll show a wider range of products. 
  • Be mindful of consistency. On your homepage, the image for the Ombre Webbed Print Sports Bra is much smaller than the In Motion Active Rainbow Sports Bra. Keep them consistent. I found this throughout the site too. 
  • I don’t mind that you mention that yoga mats are coming soon on your homepage. However, I would add this as a collection yet. It also has default text on the Yoga Mat collection page. Instead, I would link it to a blog post. 
  • Link URLs and email addresses. I found several on your policy pages that weren’t linked. 
  • Add shipping information; don’t leave this in your check out. A shipping page should address estimated costs (flat rate is even better) and where you do/don’t ship. 
  • Jazz up your about Us page with YOUR experience. If Golden Star Yoga was founded to help push insecurities aside, explain why. Did you have an experience? Add that personal touch. 
  • For the Contact Us page, a few tweaks are needed. I would remove the map - it’s showing Melbourne whereas your contact address is in Maryland. Since you’ve already added that address, you don’t need the map. For the form, I wouldn’t add the “Share your suggestion/feedback.” Most people who contact you are going to want to ask a question and may be frustrated when the form is labeled like that. The Subject line is also unnecessary. 
  • For your main navigation, I would expand more on the Shop aspect. The blog can live in the footer; it tends to have a lower click rate from the main navigation. Again, I would group them into broad collections. Like Home | Shop All | Leggings | Sports Bras | Outfit Sets | Contact Us. Having it laid out like that will help your visitors jump to what they want to find rather than clicking into a drop-down first. 
  • Add shipping information on product pages, especially if it’s flat rate or free. Make sure that’s easily seen. 
  • Last thing - make sure you can add reviews. When I was looking at your product page, I was happy to see reviews. However, I can’t see how to leave a review. If you leave this for customers who need to log in first, you may generate fewer reviews unless you’ve included an incentive (i.e., a discount) or a review request in post-purchase communication. 

Now, for suggestions post-launch:

• Get visitor behavior tools on your site NOW prior to launch to evaluate your initial customers. These tools, like heatmaps (to see where people click and move) and session recordings (to watch a visitor’s entire time on your store), can help you spot issues in real-time and see what’s stopping them from converting.
  • In particular, use a heatmap to evaluate your homepage interactions via click and scroll heatmaps (what information do they see? What do they not see?). Session recordings are incredibly useful in spotting navigation issues. 
  • Use surveys/poll to do a little market research for new products you are considering or to see what people think of your new store. If you’re seeing low/no conversions after a few weeks despite decent traffic, consider asking, “What stopped you from checking out today?” to evaluate what’s impacting their experience.
  • I’m suspecting you’re going to use paid campaigns through social media. Is that right? If so, it makes the need to get these visitor behavior tools in place now to evaluate your campaigns. You can filter session recording and heatmaps by source (and UTM parameters if you use them) to get a better grasp of what people are doing from that specific campaign. Maximize your return in the process. 
  • I like that you have a chat, but the Facebook Messenger chat isn’t something I suggest. It takes visitors off of your site and assumes that they have Facebook. I always suggest an on-site live chat that lets you connect with people instantly and answer their questions before they leave your website. 

Don’t mistake any of this advice - your site is so close to being ready. I can’t wait to see how launch day goes! If nothing else, put that visitor behavior tracking in place prior to launch. I can’t tell you how much insight you’ll gain from it that will help you start on the right foot. Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at US $10/month.

I hope this helps! Good luck!

Cheers - Danny

I’m the co-founder of Lucky Orange, one of the top recommended Shopify apps to grow sales. More than 26,000+ merchants use our app and have left us more than 600 5-star reviews.

We’re also proud to be a Shopify Plus partner.

-Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
-Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
Skillz4ya2
Tourist
4 0 2

Many great answers to my question, but yours provided the most value to me. I will implement these steps prior to launch. Thank you

Moira
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1001 134 165

Hi @Skillz4ya2!

Welcome to the community, we are glad to have you here! The Shopify Community Forums is most definitely a place for you to ask as many questions as you want when it comes to running your business. This can be anything from how to increase sales to advice on how to layout your homepage.

Have you had the chance to explore the free resources we offer to help you up-level your business? Shopify Compass is my favorite resource for video courses, tutorials, and live workshops. There is always new content added, and you can learn many important subjects, from marketing to goal setting. If you're interested in listening to something while you're on the go, we also have our podcasts.

All the best,

Moira | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog